Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

i have not seen any examples yet but more natural colors and better exposure. basically a better image.
Thank you John. That's fantastic news on the more natural strobe colors! Something squirreled out of control with the stobe white balance processing (with firmware V.3.0 back in 2015) and correcting it pic by pic has given me fits for 5 years now. :emoji_thumbsup:

We currently have a standard K-Base with solar but looking at add a battery booster or potentially use the new solar panel with built-in batteries? What is the best option to use all rechargeable batteries and solar while increasing battery capacity?

Thanks in advance

We currently have a standard K-Base with solar but looking at add a battery booster or potentially use the new solar panel with built-in batteries? What is the best option to use all rechargeable batteries and solar while increasing battery capacity?

Thanks in advance
best options for each series below if you want to sue solar
K- 6 rechargeable D's 10KMAH with solar panel plugged into the back
G- 4 alkaline Ds in camera as back up with new 3600 solar panel(internal battery in solar panel) plugged into camera
J- Install 4 D battery pack or buy one with it already(make sure firmware is updated first) , put alkaline batteries in camera as back up with PW3600 solar panel (internal battery in solar panel) plugged into back

If you dont have full sun in location , run a 3358 booster with 6 alkaline D's in with any of the cameras listed above

Use rayovac high energy alkaline batteries

Last edited:
best options for each series below if you want to sue solar
K- 6 rechargeable D's 10KMAH with solar panel plugged into the back
G- 4 alkaline Ds in camera as back up with new 3600 solar panel(internal battery in solar panel) plugged into camera
J- Install 4 D battery pack or buy one with it already(make sure firmware is updated first) , put alkaline batteries in camera as back up with PW3600 solar panel (internal battery in solar panel) plugged into back

If you dont have full sun in location , run a 3358 booster with 6 alkaline D's in with nay of the cameras listed above

Use rayovac high energy alkaline batteries

John,

I am using a 3358 booster on one of my J cameras and I am using the dual power bank on the other 3. The funny thing I am only getting about 45-50 days out of a set of batteries where my dual power banks I have gotten 90 days on the #1 side on one of them and the other 2 cameras are still going strong on the #1 side. The number of pics per camera are relatively the same. All have same firmware and all cameras are the same age. I just got the low warning on the 3358 this morning for the 2nd set that I have put in. I thought maybe the first set one of the Rayovac's maybe wasn't the strongest. All batteries are from the same lot. Any ideas?

John,

I am using a 3358 booster on one of my J cameras and I am using the dual power bank on the other 3. The funny thing I am only getting about 45-50 days out of a set of batteries where my dual power banks I have gotten 90 days on the #1 side on one of them and the other 2 cameras are still going strong on the #1 side. The number of pics per camera are relatively the same. All have same firmware and all cameras are the same age. I just got the low warning on the 3358 this morning for the 2nd set that I have put in. I thought maybe the first set one of the Rayovac's maybe wasn't the strongest. All batteries are from the same lot. Any ideas?
this is a J with the 4 d battery pack? and then you added the 3358?
6 rayovac D's in any battery accessory typically give 90-120 days before switching to internals or the second bank or dying in the case of the 6d replacement pack..
differences in total day performance would be if the Camera in question is used as a link, has a high volume of images , or a very low signal.
if none of the above, i would swap battery packs to determine if its the 3358 or the camera, make sure firmware if up to date if its old in the J with the 3358.
If you can determine its the camera or the 3358 is the issue you can call cs and set up a return.

this is a J with the 4 d battery pack? and then you added the 3358?
6 rayovac D's in any battery accessory typically give 90-120 days before switching to internals or the second bank or dying in the case of the 6d replacement pack..
differences in total day performance would be if the Camera in question is used as a link, has a high volume of images , or a very low signal.
if none of the above, i would swap battery packs to determine if its the 3358 or the camera, make sure firmware if up to date if its old in the J with the 3358.
If you can determine its the camera or the 3358 is the issue you can call cs and set up a return.

This camera actually has the highest signal and is running the current firmware. It is an old J that either has the 12 AA or it has the 6D battery pack. However, I am running no batteries in the camera though. I will try to determine if it is the camera or the 3358. All of my J's were the original cameras when Cuddeback first released the Cuddelink

This camera actually has the highest signal and is running the current firmware. It is an old J that either has the 12 AA or it has the 6D battery pack. However, I am running no batteries in the camera though. I will try to determine if it is the camera or the 3358. All of my J's were the original cameras when Cuddeback first released the Cuddelink
if its the aa battery pack and you replace it with the 4 d pack and then plug the 3358 in, the camera will run on the external first and then switch to internals when the 3358 dies.This will also show on your report. Make sure you switch the battery option to " 4 D" in commands if you do.
There wouldn't be an advantage to running a 3358 on a 6 d J unless you put internal in it as well.
If this camera is used as a link for multiple other cameras that could use more power.
There hasn't been any changes to the J series since they first were introduced other than the firmware updates.

If I go into Account mgmt and set the following parameters. What can I expect for delivery times? Trying to figure out how to adjust my report timing and pictures when they show up.
CELL RATE
6 Hours

CELL REPORT
4 Per Day

CELL REPORT TIME
6:00 am - 6:59 am

If I go into Account mgmt and set the following parameters. What can I expect for delivery times? Trying to figure out how to adjust my report timing and pictures when they show up.
CELL RATE
6 Hours

CELL REPORT
4 Per Day

CELL REPORT TIME
pics should be delivered close to 6 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 12 am- make sure your cell unit time and date is correct and the remotes will sync with it.

I have one cam that reliably send it’s pics but its link strength is pretty low. When it linked without leaves it was about 30. Yesterday it said 4 but still sent its pics. i have a repeater that I used last year as a home base. I am not currently using it as I switched to the cell system. (Awesome upgrade). Should I put the repeater out? Will I see any benefits? Easy to do but will increase my battery use. Thanks for any advice.

I have one cam that reliably send it’s pics but its link strength is pretty low. When it linked without leaves it was about 30. Yesterday it said 4 but still sent its pics. i have a repeater that I used last year as a home base. I am not currently using it as I switched to the cell system. (Awesome upgrade). Should I put the repeater out? Will I see any benefits? Easy to do but will increase my battery use. Thanks for any advice.
yes a repeater can definitely help in certain instances , a remote will always try to connect to home if it can. but if it cannot it will do it thru the repeater. Leaf cover and high humidity can restrict signal . July and august are the worst typically. You can also place a camera in between that unit and the home unit and it can connect thru that camera.

pics should be delivered close to 6 am, 12 pm, 6 pm, 12 am- make sure your cell unit time and date is correct and the remotes will sync with it.
can you change the time remotely? Is there a list out there of what all you can change remotely? Or do you have to change to advance setup to see more options?
What is the ideal delivery times?

You can change remotely under cell rate . I don’t think there is an ideal time. Max allowed in que is also 30 images so it will send regardless of setting once it hits 30

can you change the time remotely? Is there a list out there of what all you can change remotely? Or do you have to change to advance setup to see more options?
What is the ideal delivery times?
if you are asking if you can change the Actual calendar date and time on the cell unit remotely, no you cannot. Changes are not made in real time so it would not be correct. Changes are made when the cell unit connects and also when it then connects to the remotes.
the settings you can change should all show up on your device details in camp under each camera. You will need to switch to advanced to see all the camera settings that can be changed.

CELL RATE
6 Hours

CELL REPORT
4 Per Day

CELL REPORT TIME
If you change your cell report time to 9am then you would those at 9, 3, 9, 3 along with pics at 6, 12, 6, 12. So in essence you would get pics every 3 hrs. I have mine setup that way except I have the report only 2 times per day. This gives me pics at 6, 9 with report, 12, 6, 9 with report, and 12. When you get the report you also get any pics that are in que.

I remember reading about changing the time on the Home camera would make all others cameras on the system change to that time as well some where.
Also do you have to go to the home camera to setup daylight saving time change or can that be done remotely?

How does the battery drain compare between J & G Series cameras now that they both are using 4D Cell battery packs...will there be a noticeable difference? Just wondering if the flash on G Series makes it more efficient or if the difference would be minimal at best.

How does the battery drain compare between J & G Series cameras now that they both are using 4D Cell battery packs...will there be a noticeable difference? Just wondering if the flash on G Series makes it more efficient or if the difference would be minimal at best.
to early to tell since we havent had the 4 d j long enough but it should be similar, the main difference is that when battery level gets low the image quality on the g will stay the same.

I remember reading about changing the time on the Home camera would make all others cameras on the system change to that time as well some where.
Also do you have to go to the home camera to setup daylight saving time change or can that be done remotely?
DST default is "on" so unless you changed it it should be set to "on". You cannot change this remotely. All the options should show up on your camp on the cuddeback site , do you have 8.0 set up and a cell unit activated?

Yes on both.