Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

@john volkman I noticed the 12v external battery cord has a built in linear 12v regulator on it. Do you know the input voltage range that regulator will accept while still supplying the needed 12v output?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've got it backwards....Based on the DIY battery cables that I built, 12Vdc-15Vdc (most batteries put out more than 12Vdc) is the input from the external battery and the output to the camera is very likely around 9Vdc. 12Vdc straight into the camera will burn it up.

@john volkman I noticed the 12v external battery cord has a built in linear 12v regulator on it. Do you know the input voltage range that regulator will accept while still supplying the needed 12v output?

I could be wrong on this but I think the input is 12v and the output is 9v. It is to supply voltage to the K, J, and the older G cameras from a 12v battery. See Post #156 this thread.

I think it will Handle any 12 volt battery which most are slightly above 12 volts. It meters to down to 9 volts I believe

@john volkman wanted to ask about the Dual Power Bank Model PW-3563. I currently have 10 of the J-1415 and I am using the D Battery Adapter 3495 currently. To upgrade to the new dual power bank which will hold 12 D batteries can I still run the 3495 on the J series too? So I would essentially have 18 D batteries?
Yes you can do this but it’s likely the cameras internal batteries will lose power while sitting waiting for the other two banks to deplete.

when i get a complete list i will let all know.Most of the added features are to help performance and i most wont even realize they are added. there will be another update in summer as well regarding online control but they want to get the first one released before they add more.
Does that mean that online control won't be available with the first firmware release of Gen 2?

Does that mean that online control won't be available with the first firmware release of Gen 2?
Online control is what gen 2 is , that is what the firmware update mostly is.

Any update or timeframe for the updated firmware to be available? Going to put cameras out in about a month for the year and hoping to update ahead of time if possible.

Any update or timeframe for the updated firmware to be available? Going to put cameras out in about a month for the year and hoping to update ahead of time if possible.
The first release will be either end of this week or next week. Its ready to go just finishing instructions and links on the website, There will be another release around june 1st as well. We want to get the first gen 2 version out there so the hard users get a chance to use it and then refine and add more features from there. If you only want to update once, wait til the june release but the firmware coming in the next few days will do almost everything people want it to do. Updating is easy other than having to go to the camera to do it so i suggest trying it when it comes out. This is going to increase traffic dramatically on the cudde website so they want to make sure everything is running smooth before the huge rush happens after July 4th.
And before anyone starts asking me what will be on the june release that is different.....I dont know, so i can cant answer that :emoji_grin:

Last edited:
The first release will be either end of this week or next week. Its ready to go just finishing instructions and links on the website, There will be another release around june 1st as well. We want to get the first gen 2 version out there so the hard users get a chance to use it and then refine and add more features from there. If you only want to update once, wait til the june release but the firmware coming in the next few days will do almost everything people want it to do. Updating is easy other than having to go to the camera to do it so i suggest trying it when it comes out. This is going to increase traffic dramatically on the cudde website so they want to make sure everything is running smooth before the huge rush happens after July 4th.
And before anyone starts asking me what will be on the june release that is different.....I dont know, so i can cant answer that :emoji_grin:

Great. So for that June release since its recommended to update that one as well... what is going to be on that one different than the one in the next week? haha

Ok. Question on the Rayovac high energy batteries since this year I am going to the dual powerbank. I own 4 J cameras that I will be using them on. I plan on deploying in April after 8.0 comes out. Since I have 4 cameras that means that I will be using 48 batteries. This should last me about 6 months from what I have read on here. Do you see any issue with buying 100 batteries now (cheaper price) and then using the 2nd half of the pack this fall. I know several of you say fresh batteries are important, but I didn't know if 6 months would be a huge deal.

Ok. Question on the Rayovac high energy batteries since this year I am going to the dual powerbank. I own 4 J cameras that I will be using them on. I plan on deploying in April after 8.0 comes out. Since I have 4 cameras that means that I will be using 48 batteries. This should last me about 6 months from what I have read on here. Do you see any issue with buying 100 batteries now (cheaper price) and then using the 2nd half of the pack this fall. I know several of you say fresh batteries are important, but I didn't know if 6 months would be a huge deal.
i would keep in mind the first Gen 2 8.0 will be followed by a refined version about June. They want to make sure the site is functioning perfectly with the first launch before high volume usage takes place in July. I say this because its likely you will want to update again before fall. 8.0 should go live this week at some point.

i would keep in mind the first Gen 2 8.0 will be followed by a refined version about June. They want to make sure the site is functioning perfectly with the first launch before high volume usage takes place in July. I say this because its likely you will want to update again before fall. 8.0 should go live this week at some point.

Yep. Thanks. Not a huge deal for me to update them in the field. How about the keeping the balance of the batteries for a while? Any issues?.

Yep. Thanks. Not a huge deal for me to update them in the field. How about the keeping the balance of the batteries for a while? Any issues?.
i would never want to guarantee that alkaline batteries will be good for a long period of time , if you feel they were fresh when you bought them i woudlnt be to worried about them working later in the year.

i would never want to guarantee that alkaline batteries will be good for a long period of time , if you feel they were fresh when you bought them i woudlnt be to worried about them working later in the year.
Looking at the pricing on ebay the 50 cost almost as much as the 105 anyway.

Looking at the pricing on ebay the 50 cost almost as much as the 105 anyway.
Alkaline batteries have a 10 year shelf life. As long as they’re new/never used when you buy them they will be good.

I went ahead and deployed my new system on Monday without the update. I figured that would ensure that Gen 2 would be released by today. I can't even reverse jinx gen 2 into happening

Hopefully close to deploying the 8.0 Gen 2 firmware update. Check out the Cuddeback Youtube video below:

Cuddeback CuddeLink Gen 2 Remote Access
I was able to download the Beta version of 8.0 off the Cuddeback website. Looking forward to trying it out!

I went ahead and deployed my new system on Monday without the update. I figured that would ensure that Gen 2 would be released by today. I can't even reverse jinx gen 2 into happening

Thanks, it worked!