Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

You have the "drain" the system for the battery days to reset. That would leaving the unit on while taking the batteries out till the screen is blank. Learned that lesson last month.
this is correct, the cameras have a capacitor in them that holds a charge even when batteries are removed. The remaining charge has to leave them before the battery days will reset. The purpose of the capacitor is to power the LEDS at full power even as the alkaline battery level goes down or when they are under stress , an example would be when the camera is taking multiple images in short period of time.

Why does the emailed report and camp report at same time not come close to matching each other?

069B31C6-CCA0-4044-9C0C-DB7930FF0831.pngD71E5C9F-8ED3-4388-B51F-5DD016E6E2B6.png

neither report is in real time and they are not built at the same time, go by the emailed version for the most accurate info.

Is anyone else having problems with emails not coming thru. I typically get 8 emails a day or more, and yesterday I received none all day long. Went to my camp account and the web page wouldn't load. Then after midnight I got all 8 emails within an hour. Now today no more emails again. It is usually an email every hour or two.

I am confused regarding batteries on the J cameras. We replaced the internal AA batteries with D Battery Adapter (3495). We also have external Battery Booster Packs (PW-3624) on all of them.

After downloading 8.2 firmware some of our cameras show Battery External OK and others just say OK. (With 8.1 all nodes showed External OK.) I am guessing that the cameras that say OK are using the internal batteries, right? What happens when those die? Will the camera automatically switch over to the external booster pack?

If the cameras are running off of the internal batteries, should I have done anything special to have them run off of the booster pack first?

I am confused regarding batteries on the J cameras. We replaced the internal AA batteries with D Battery Adapter (3495). We also have external Battery Booster Packs (PW-3624) on all of them.

After downloading 8.2 firmware some of our cameras show Battery External OK and others just say OK. (With 8.1 all nodes showed External OK.) I am guessing that the cameras that say OK are using the internal batteries, right? What happens when those die? Will the camera automatically switch over to the external booster pack?

If the cameras are running off of the internal batteries, should I have done anything special to have them run off of the booster pack first?
The voltage is the same so it will only say ok. If you had gotten the 4D replacement the voltage would be different and it would say Ext Ok.

The voltage is the same so it will only say ok. If you had gotten the 4D replacement the voltage would be different and it would say Ext Ok.
That would make sense if 2 of the cameras, showing Ext OK, didn’t have a battery adapter that holds 6 size D batteries. Our Home Unit and only 1 camera have 4 D internal batteries. Our other 8 cameras have 6 internal batteries.

That would make sense if 2 of the cameras, showing Ext OK, didn’t have a battery adapter that holds 6 size D batteries. Our Home Unit and only 1 camera have 4 D internal batteries. Our other 8 cameras have 6 internal batteries.
Post a copy of the report.

Just a follow up about he issues I was having with the K camera. A cuddelink rep called me and was great to work with. I also received an email about the issues the same day. CS is still doing well even with the covid sweep through the call center.

the only way ext shows up is if you have 4 internal and 6 external. the other issue would be if you had battery option selected wrong on the J cameras.

What’s the deal with the transmission delays that 8.2 is supposed to fix? For two years my cameras have ran pretty good last two days I’ve had transmission delays. For example i have my cams set to send every hour I’ll get a picture of a buck at 1 am then the next 5 hours it’s that buck again and again again all from 1am but there only ever 3 pics sent at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the deal with the transmission delays that 8.2 is supposed to fix? For two years my cameras have ran pretty good last two days I’ve had transmission delays. For example i have my cams set to send every hour I’ll get a picture of a buck at 1 am then the next 5 hours it’s that buck again and again again all from 1am but there only ever 3 pics sent at a time.

8.2 will speed up transmission , it has to do with the RF channel. when updating make sure you choose 17 or higher for the second number. example would be 12 17, or 03 18
the issue you have with the repeated image is different. Clear your cell que, remote que and SD card remotely in the remote and cell unit that are related ot the issue. I would replace the SD card in the camera when you get a chance if it happens after clearing.

8.2 will speed up transmission , it has to do with the RF channel. when updating make sure you choose 17 or higher for the second number. example would be 12 17, or 03 18
the issue you have with the repeated image is different. Clear your cell que, remote que and SD card remotely in the remote and cell unit that are related ot the issue. I would replace the SD card in the camera when you get a chance if it happens after clearing.

It’s not repeated it’s just the deer moving around in different spots however all from the initial time period several hours prior, like it’s very delayed. I don’t understand why it sends some but not others taken during that encounter.

Trying to figure out the best way to word it.

If a deer comes into view of the camera and get its photo taken 10 times in a 5 minute time frame I’ll get the first 3 photos 1 hour the next hour I’ll get the next 3 photos the next hour I’ll get the next 3 photos and so on until the encounter is over and those will be the ONLY pics I get so if this is happening on multiple cameras (which it is) I get a build up.

It’s not repeated it’s just the deer moving around in different spots however all from the initial time period several hours prior, like it’s very delayed. I don’t understand why it sends some but not others taken during that encounter.

Trying to figure out the best way to word it.

If a deer comes into view of the camera and get its photo taken 10 times in a 5 minute time frame I’ll get the first 3 photos 1 hour the next hour I’ll get the next 3 photos the next hour I’ll get the next 3 photos and so on until the encounter is over and those will be the ONLY pics I get so if this is happening on multiple cameras (which it is) I get a build up.

when you update to 8.2 it will clear this up - there is an algorithm that doesnt allow a sequence of images or camera to dominate the images going home. but you still need to update all to 8.2 if you want the pics somewhat closer to real time and your ques to stay clear. 8.2 fixes a bug in the channels.

Post a copy of the report.
1604582673098.png
Going by what John said, I might have selected the wrong battery option when I updated to 8.2. #1 & #10 are the only 2 nodes with 4 internal batteries. I must have missed changing the battery option on the other two that show up as External OK.

Just found this thread sorry if it's been covered already but, I upgraded my 12 cameras and my cell all J cameras and the cell is the K model. I put 2 cameras for priority then i started getting real bad delays sending pics. 2 days later i'll get random pictures from one of the other cameras and only like 1 or 2 in the email. Before the upgrade I never had any issues getting pics on the hour. I tried to go in and remove the priority on the 2 cameras but, they seem to still be stuck there even though it shows online it's disabled. When I email support they basically told me yea there is an issue to downgrade. I hate to go to ever single camera and downgrade them all is there any other solution out there?

Just found this thread sorry if it's been covered already but, I upgraded my 12 cameras and my cell all J cameras and the cell is the K model. I put 2 cameras for priority then i started getting real bad delays sending pics. 2 days later i'll get random pictures from one of the other cameras and only like 1 or 2 in the email. Before the upgrade I never had any issues getting pics on the hour. I tried to go in and remove the priority on the 2 cameras but, they seem to still be stuck there even though it shows online it's disabled. When I email support they basically told me yea there is an issue to downgrade. I hate to go to ever single camera and downgrade them all is there any other solution out there?

So I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.2 today to see if it would fix the issue still having same problem. I get like 1-2 photos from the cameras I set to priority but, later removed randomly thru the day. Sometimes even into the next day I'll get day old photos from those cameras randomly thru the day. I have everything turned off for priority online but, these cams still are jacked up. Any ideas?

New firmware is now on the website under the GEN 2 tab. This update will increase transmission speed from the remotes to the Home unit and if utilizing cell ultimately from the cell to your chosen email address or phone number. The main change in this update is that channels went from 240 to a set of 2 numbers. An example would be Channel 08 18. Its very important if you decide to update firmware now that the second number you choose is higher than 16. The first number can be 1-16. IF your system is working to you satisfaction now there is no urgency to perform the update and you can do it at your convenience. All cameras in a network need to be on matching firmware for them to communicate. When updating, its best to start with your home unit and then update each remote. download the gen2 file, unzip the file and drag or copy it onto a clean SD card when updating.

I downloaded 8.2 and just went around uploaded them all. I’m not seeing where there’s two numbers in the channel setting? Also when I got to FW Version it says 8.01 HW Verson 2 so I hope that’s corrects as I’m positive I have 8.02 on the card.

I guess I'm gonna go to all 12 cameras tomorrow and downgrade. This gen 2 took a decent product and made it completely unuseable.

My camera did not send pictures this morning. I went and checked the home camera and it shows "No Plan". It is no longer listed under my devices. Has the camera quit working or is this just a glitch with Cuddelink? This is a 14 month old K series camera.