Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Thank you for the feedback and photo example. I suspect the dual flash set to black flash is about the same? I have that on my K but have not tried it yet.

I am now looking at getting 4 G cameras to add to the system. 2 black flash, 1 IR and one strobe. I might pick up another black flash if I find a good deal to swap out on the K camera.

Yes the black flash on the dual is the same s a J, same goes for the IR on the dual and the IR on a J.

John, I put out my cuddelinks today. The home is a repeater attached to the side of my deck on my house. Putting up the cams as I went I got to the farthest point away from the home and the camera registered at 99 for the link number. None of the other cams came close to that. 52 was he highest. The cam that hit 99 is 500 yards from the home, 300 yards from nearest cam/repeater and is below a crest of a hill that is lower than the home. I have 2 repeaters in the chain and both are at tallest points on property.

Is the 99 link possible or does my neighbor possibly have cuddelinks out and set to the same channel? I can ask him but we're not exactly buddies as they have tresspassed onto mine from theirs and were pissed I was pissed.

I have never hit 99 in prior years, and one of the cams is 200 yards from the home in line of sight with very little vegetation between them(switchgrass and miscanthus giganthus).

John, I put out my cuddelinks today. The home is a repeater attached to the side of my deck on my house. Putting up the cams as I went I got to the farthest point away from the home and the camera registered at 99 for the link number. None of the other cams came close to that. 52 was he highest. The cam that hit 99 is 500 yards from the home, 300 yards from nearest cam/repeater and is below a crest of a hill that is lower than the home. I have 2 repeaters in the chain and both are at tallest points on property.

Is the 99 link possible or does my neighbor possibly have cuddelinks out and set to the same channel? I can ask him but we're not exactly buddies as they have tresspassed onto mine from theirs and were pissed I was pissed.

I have never hit 99 in prior years, and one of the cams is 200 yards from the home in line of sight with very little vegetation between them(switchgrass and miscanthus giganthus).
Tomorrows report will likely tell you but its possible the last camera was linking to another camera you just put out or another one in your possession your atv etc. 99 level is usually shown when you have another camera armed very close or when they are close and within line of sight. Sounds like you are aware of this but The CL level isnt always what the signal is to the home it could be to another camera in the network or in your case to a neighbors camera . The newest firmware allows for up to 240 channel choices to try and make it unlikely you will interfere with a neighbor. I have seen in bluff country where cameras connected over two miles form bluff to bluff.

John, thank you very much for the prompt reply. I'll check report tomorrow.

John,

Need a little advice about a J camera which is functioning oddly. I have had power issues with it and it appears to burn through batteries much quicker than any of our other 13 cameras. I switched it back a (4) D config using a PW3600 to try to resolve the issue and its back to low within two weeks.

Here is the breakdown:

8-22-00 First day on a fully charged PW3600 and (4) brand new Duracell Alkaline Batteries

8-22-20 Battery Days 0 on EXT with 357 images
8-25-20 Last day on EXT then switches to Internals with 365 images
9-2-20 Shows low with 515 images

It's not a full sun site like an open field but it should be receiving full sun to the panel for at least 3 hours a day then partial for another 2-3. Its only a single link back to the base with roughly a 45 link level and no other cameras are daisy-chained to it.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Al

John,

Need a little advice about a J camera which is functioning oddly. I have had power issues with it and it appears to burn through batteries much quicker than any of our other 13 cameras. I switched it back a (4) D config using a PW3600 to try to resolve the issue and its back to low within two weeks.

Here is the breakdown:

8-22-00 First day on a fully charged PW3600 and (4) brand new Duracell Alkaline Batteries

8-22-20 Battery Days 0 on EXT with 357 images
8-25-20 Last day on EXT then switches to Internals with 365 images
9-2-20 Shows low with 515 images

It's not a full sun site like an open field but it should be receiving full sun to the panel for at least 3 hours a day then partial for another 2-3. Its only a single link back to the base with roughly a 45 link level and no other cameras are daisy-chained to it.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Al
i would call Cuddeback CS to set up a return on this camera, something is up with it and they will find out what it is or replace if under warranty ( 2 year warranty if you registered it online)

i would call Cuddeback CS to set up a return on this camera, something is up with it and they will find out what it is or replace if under warranty ( 2 year warranty if you registered it online)
Shouldn’t he be using rechargeable batteries if he is putting batteries in the camera.

Shouldn’t he be using rechargeable batteries if he is putting batteries in the camera.
when running the new 3600 panel , you can put alkaline in the camera if its a 4 d model. This would include all G series and any of the J's with a 4 D pack on the camera. The alkaline act as a back up to the 3600 solar.

John, I have 3 g cams that don't recognize they have a battery booster power pack. It just says battery okay on the monitor on cam and on the report.

I took batteries out of cams for at least 30 min and disconnected the booster. I don't want to keep going back to the cameras. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.

John, I have 3 g cams that don't recognize they have a battery booster power pack. It just says battery okay on the monitor on cam and on the report.

I took batteries out of cams for at least 30 min and disconnected the booster. I don't want to keep going back to the cameras. Any ideas? Thank you for your time.
plug the booster in first after after the batteries are out of the camera and the screen goes completely blank , dont put any batteries in the camera until you see the booster is recognized. on the camera. Make sure you have new batteries in the booster and that they are alkaline.

Thanks again John.

I will be able to do this with one of them in the next hour or so. The batteries are rayovac and all new.

I'll report back how it goes.

That worked. It took a few minutes for it to recognize the booster and come on but it seemed to be back to normal. What causes that issue?

That worked. It took a few minutes for it to recognize the booster and come on but it seemed to be back to normal. What causes that issue?
the camera still thinks its using the internals, typically it will eventually recognize the externals regardless but this insures it does.

I have a K camera that the external battery port is not working. It was working for two months, then suddenly on my reports it shows normal battery level, not external battery. I checked it last weekend with another cable and battery. They did not work either, so it is not showing a battery cord connected at all. Any advise? Return after season to Cudde, or something else I can try? Thanks in advance.

I have a K camera that the external battery port is not working. It was working for two months, then suddenly on my reports it shows normal battery level, not external battery. I checked it last weekend with another cable and battery. They did not work either, so it is not showing a battery cord connected at all. Any advise? Return after season to Cudde, or something else I can try? Thanks in advance.
A k camera won’t show external becuase it’s 9 volts and so is the external . If it did show an external on a report that was an anomaly and not correct . Unless it was a dual power bank and n that case you would run the k without internals if you want it to work correctly

Is there a way to fix a run away camera I have a camera on the driveway of camp and last night it just keeps sending pics of nothing it’s been up there 2 weeks without issue then last night all of a sudden it went crazy
8996f7dc1f7587dca3efeb7944c19748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to fix a run away camera I have a camera on the driveway of camp and last night it just keeps sending pics of nothing it’s been up there 2 weeks without issue then last night all of a sudden it went crazy
8996f7dc1f7587dca3efeb7944c19748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Change it to repeater for a day or change the delay to an hour or more for a couple days and then change it back

John,

When using an external battery box with the cudde 12v external cable with a (6)D K-Series can you additionally use internal recharables or alkalines? Or should the camera internals be empty?

Thanks again

Al

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

John,

When using an external battery box with the cudde 12v external cable with a (6)D K-Series can you additionally use internal recharables or alkalines? Or should the camera internals be empty?

Thanks again

Al

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i would leave any internal empty when running any 12 volt battery with the 12 v adapter cable