Cuddeback's Cuddelink

What about not coming through to my Gmail either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if your cuddeback cell unit is an ATT unit that is where the filtering took place , at ATT.... it didnt matter what email you use. It had nothing to do with Cuddeback's servers they were performing just as they should.

if your cuddeback cell unit is an ATT unit that is where the filtering took place , at ATT.... it didnt matter what email you use. It had nothing to do with Cuddeback's servers they were performing just as they should.

Nope, I have two att and two verizon that weren’t sending.

Been running cuddelink system a few years now, using Verizon and gmail. I've had several times over the years where i rec'd no daily report, most recently about 1 month or two ago. I checked the camp site for the report, and it was on there. I chalked it up to an email glitch since it was on the camp page. Pretty simple deduction.
Always freaks me out when no report shows up, tho. Initially i think someone stole my unit, or the tree fell down and crushed it, etc! I rely on that report to at least let me know my system is still in the tree and communicating, even if I'm not getting pics at the time.

while I'm on here...have a couple of questions, and I'm too lazy to search 246 pages for the answers!
A-My power cable from my battery pack to my cell unit got chewed up by a rodent. I purchased another from cuddeback. Went out this weekend to put it on, and it simply won't fit, like it's too large.
I've had these units for 3-4 years now, G cell home unit with a 6d battery pack. (pw3624) I remember spending the time on the website making sure I was ordering the right cable, can't imagine i messed it up. Is there a "old design, new design" cable thing going on here, or did i mess up and order the wrong cable?
B-have 1 j camera w/ black flash that has started to have some pretty poor quality pics at night. Different settings don't improve the pics. It seems as tho the blackflash isn't nearly as strong as it once was. Swapped this cam with another black flash cam, and the problem followed with the cam. Can i purchase a part to replace, and if so, can i purchase an infrared flash instead to install on this J cam?

while I'm on here...have a couple of questions, and I'm too lazy to search 246 pages for the answers!
A-My power cable from my battery pack to my cell unit got chewed up by a rodent. I purchased another from cuddeback. Went out this weekend to put it on, and it simply won't fit, like it's too large.
I've had these units for 3-4 years now, G cell home unit with a 6d battery pack. (pw3624) I remember spending the time on the website making sure I was ordering the right cable, can't imagine i messed it up. Is there a "old design, new design" cable thing going on here, or did i mess up and order the wrong cable?
B-have 1 j camera w/ black flash that has started to have some pretty poor quality pics at night. Different settings don't improve the pics. It seems as tho the blackflash isn't nearly as strong as it once was. Swapped this cam with another black flash cam, and the problem followed with the cam. Can i purchase a part to replace, and if so, can i purchase an infrared flash instead to install on this J cam?
a. there are a couple old cable combos - current is a cable that has the same plug on both ends, c2-c2 and another that has a black plug on one end and a brown on the other C2-C1, Everything now is c2 - C2 but they still have the old cables for those that need them. if you call cuddeback and have your camera handy they should be able to get you the right one or PM me a pic of the port on your camera and the PW 3624 and ill tell you what one to buy.
b. You cannot replace the flash module on a j series, you would need to send that in fi its still under warranty.

Nope, I have two att and two verizon that weren’t sending.

are you sure on this? we looked at your account and your active cell units are 1 verizon and 3 AT&T, the cuddeback server never stopped sending correctly. The engineer went all the way back thru last week and didnt see any issues with images or reports not being sent on our end so it was 100% a filtering issue.

question on G home cell link camera. I'm messing around different heights to mount it. Up high it sends a better signal on my mountain property and hopefully if the tresspasser comes back he won't see it. Saying that it's not catching me when I walk in front of it but only catching a blank pic like it's too slow to get me.

My K was mounted low and performed great but as stated earilier dude ripped off the tree lock box and all.

Any adivice or am I going to have to mount it down low and just lock it up like fort knox...lol

you would either need to mount it down low where it can cover more horizontal distance, or mount it high and use a PTL mount (or something you fashion on your own) to point exactly where you think the trespasser will cross. You can do this in test mode to determine where it will trigger..

Last edited:
are you sure on this? we looked at your account and your active cell units are 1 verizon and 3 AT&T, the cuddeback server never stopped sending correctly. The engineer went all the way back thru last week and didnt see any issues with images or reports not being sent on our end so it was 100% a filtering issue.

You are correct my mistake, 1 verizon, 3 att weird all my cameras were doing it even the Verizon one. I trust ya, just thought it was odd.

are you sure it didint say "link tx" ?....not sure how it could say cell tx without a cell menu as J's cant have a cell menu.
I'm certain. That's why it stuck out to me as so odd. I don't know what all the possible messages are, only what I actually see. I wouldn't know there was a "cell tx" message unless I actually saw it on the camera/

@john volkman I have a black flash J-3 camera that is making a ticking noise and taking random pictures any idea it sounds like a bomb ticking down lol

@john volkman I have a black flash J-3 camera that is making a ticking noise and taking random pictures any idea it sounds like a bomb ticking down lol
if you have it inside, its likely the ir filter flipping back and forth because it cant decide if its day or night, if its doing this while armed and outside and wont stop you likely need to send it in for service.

I have a j that has started eating batteries. It is in the same location for the past 3 years. Gas a 6 D battery pack. Always lasted about 100 days. Lasted 40 and I thought the batteries were just a bad batch. Replaced and only 11 days this time, Cam seems to be functioning well. Sends pics. Did I just get a bad batch of batteries or is there a camera issue that would cause this.

I have a j that has started eating batteries. It is in the same location for the past 3 years. Gas a 6 D battery pack. Always lasted about 100 days. Lasted 40 and I thought the batteries were just a bad batch. Replaced and only 11 days this time, Cam seems to be functioning well. Sends pics. Did I just get a bad batch of batteries or is there a camera issue that would cause this.
that sounds like a camera issue, a solar panel may be the only solution but may not fix it,

I’ve had 3 that have done this and cuddeback has fixed them all for free

Is there a way to add a second email to an account? i have a buddy I hunt with that I always have to forward them to him. I'd prefer to just set up a second email address. I couldn't find a way to do it in my account on a browser.

Is there a way to add a second email to an account? i have a buddy I hunt with that I always have to forward them to him. I'd prefer to just set up a second email address. I couldn't find a way to do it in my account on a browser.
Click on the details button of your device, then the edit button at the bottom of that page, and you can add an email (up to 9) there.

5F4420AC-FB4A-4446-8953-92860D21B43A.jpeg

should Remote cameras show up on Cuddeback CAMP?
Working online, my Cuddeback cell 5109 and remote 5062 are both on my Cuddeback account. But when I go to CAMP, there's only the 5109. If I click ADD DEVICE, it only has choices for cell cameras, not any remotes. I want to change a setting on my remote without going afield. Am I misssing something here?

should Remote cameras show up on Cuddeback CAMP?
Working online, my Cuddeback cell 5109 and remote 5062 are both on my Cuddeback account. But when I go to CAMP, there's only the 5109. If I click ADD DEVICE, it only has choices for cell cameras, not any remotes. I want to change a setting on my remote without going afield. Am I misssing something here?
Oh, I found it. If I select the existing cell camera, it goes to a screen with home and remotes. Good deal. Wish I could just delete this post, as it's now superfluous.

I have several cameras that started doing this. My cell cam went from forty some odd days to 11 days and my non cell cams went from 50 days down to maybe 25. I have one non cell on an external six pack battery pack and it has done ok. Battery costs are higher than monthly cell bills on a lot of cameras. I may check my locations with some new texting cams and if they work, just go back with them instead of upgrading the cuddelink system