Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I see that Cuddeback increased the number of pictures on their basic account from 750 to 2500 per 14 days! This is great news for me, as I historically run about 250 pictures every 14 days, but lately have been hitting nearly 1000 pictures every 14 days on my 5 camera Cuddeback cell system.

I see that Cuddeback increased the number of pictures on their basic account from 750 to 2500 per 14 days! This is great news for me, as I historically run about 250 pictures every 14 days, but lately have been hitting nearly 1000 pictures every 14 days on my 5 camera Cuddeback cell system.
making sure you realize this is the photo storage plan on cuddeback camp page, not the data plan your cell camera uses.

Reactions: 356
making sure you realize this is the photo storage plan on cuddeback camp page, not the data plan your cell camera uses
Yes--I will be doing the $5 overage as pictures are increasing in number significantly as we near the rut.

I tried the delay remotely no good I left it off for 3 days and as soon as I turned them back on they started again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I tried two different fixes on these remote cams Had a camera with a bad cudde cap so switched out the cap with a completely different camera worked fine for about a week and is now back to doing the same thing runaway pics. My other camera I cleared cam reinstalled firmware and changed sd card and moved locations both cams are on seperate networks and both started taking runaway pictures within 48 hours of each other. Is the new cam taking runaways a coincidence? Or is the issue in the home or link cap?

So I tried two different fixes on these remote cams Had a camera with a bad cudde cap so switched out the cap with a completely different camera worked fine for about a week and is now back to doing the same thing runaway pics. My other camera I cleared cam reinstalled firmware and changed sd card and moved locations both cams are on seperate networks and both started taking runaway pictures within 48 hours of each other. Is the new cam taking runaways a coincidence? Or is the issue in the home or link cap?

runaway issue is in the camera not the link cap, sometimes removing the external power can help. i would send them in for service if what you tried didnt work.

runaway issue is in the camera not the link cap, sometimes removing the external power can help. i would send them in for service if what you tried didnt work.
John do they know what the problem is yet. The last thing I read they didn’t know what the fix was.

John do they know what the problem is yet. The last thing I read they didn’t know what the fix was.
they feel that at times external power may be a cause but its very sporadic so they have not isolated it yet. I have had one camera do it, i then changed the delay for a period of time and then changed it back and it never did it again. They warranty cameras that have the issue where it cant be corrected if they fall within warranty.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows why Cuddeback's J series being sold out for months is due to demand or supply chain issues?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows why Cuddeback's J series being sold out for months is due to demand or supply chain issues?
Supply chain issues and a model change

Hello everyone,

The new L version which replaces the J series are in production now , unfortunately they wont be avialable until 2023. Parts were ordered 2 years ago but supply chain issues delayed an integral part that was needed for linking units.

Had a buck have a little too much interest in one of our cameras. I'm assuming his rack get caught in the solar cable. Fortunately, I had another lense on hand.

Attachments

• T_00011 (19).JPG
    T_00011 (19).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
  • T_00012 (13).JPG
    T_00012 (13).JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20221029_174440058.jpg
    PXL_20221029_174440058.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 13
need help!! Today I had a trespasser and I got him on my J camera but by the time i got to the property he had somehow found my K camera and ripped the steel lock box and everything off the tree... so i lost my home camera...

I just bought a new G home camera today but when trying to load firmware 8.1.0 (that's what i have on all my others) I keep getting "check SD Card" any advice on what's going on? Do I have the wrong zip file ? I have cdy_1_0_0.zip

I don't really want to go to all my camera in the middle of the pre-rut but currently running blind on my property.

need help!! Today I had a trespasser and I got him on my J camera but by the time i got to the property he had somehow found my K camera and ripped the steel lock box and everything off the tree... so i lost my home camera...

I just bought a new G home camera today but when trying to load firmware 8.1.0 (that's what i have on all my others) I keep getting "check SD Card" any advice on what's going on? Do I have the wrong zip file ? I have cdy_1_0_0.zip

I don't really want to go to all my camera in the middle of the pre-rut but currently running blind on my property.
clear the card and remove the firmware file for your computer, then download the firmware file again to your computer, unzip it... and copy the contents to your SD card and then load the firmware on to your G.

Try a different SD card. If you don't have one, you can format it at the camera. I prefer to do mine on windows. Just make sure you loaded the firmware correctly before you do any formatting of the SD card.

Regarding the stolen camera, I would consider not turning it off and maybe you will get lucky the thief will show their face on it. Regardless, check to make sure you registered it with Cuddeback. Notify Cuddeback that it was stolen.
If they were brazen enough to steel a locked cell camera, I would assume the rest of your cameras are vulnerable too.

Try a different SD card. If you don't have one, you can format it at the camera. I prefer to do mine on windows. Just make sure you loaded the firmware correctly before you do any formatting of the SD card.

Regarding the stolen camera, I would consider not turning it off and maybe you will get lucky the thief will show their face on it. Regardless, check to make sure you registered it with Cuddeback. Notify Cuddeback that it was stolen.
If they were brazen enough to steel a locked cell camera, I would assume the rest of your cameras are vulnerable too.
I did load it to a different SD card and it worked...

On my camera I called Cuddie and they labeled it stolen but didn't turn it off so if they try to reactivate it they will know. the weird part is that it didn't send any pics while he was tearing the camera off the tree. He must have ripped the antennas off first.. lol.

My other cameras have a much longer lag bolt so hopefully that at least slows him down until it transmits a clear picture. They are locked also.

I also bought some cheap non cell cameras and put them up in the trees at all the pinch points to try and get a good pic of him if he comes back..

Also,, I bought a G home camera and got my system back up and running so at least I'm ready for the rut..lol

I appreciate your feedback

they feel that at times external power may be a cause but its very sporadic so they have not isolated it yet. I have had one camera do it, i then changed the delay for a period of time and then changed it back and it never did it again. They warranty cameras that have the issue where it cant be corrected if they fall within warranty.
That's interesting. I had one on solar run away; I put a different camera which had been fine in to replace it...hooked up to the same 12-battery box and solar panel...and it did the same thing. I visited it again today as it hadn't sent a pic in awhile and it said "cell tx" (it's a normal J not a cell).

That's interesting. I had one on solar run away; I put a different camera which had been fine in to replace it...hooked up to the same 12-battery box and solar panel...and it did the same thing. I visited it again today as it hadn't sent a pic in awhile and it said "cell tx" (it's a normal J not a cell).
are you sure it didint say "link tx" ?....not sure how it could say cell tx without a cell menu as J's cant have a cell menu.

@john volkman as of yesterday I have stopped getting reports from all 4 home cameras across 2 states. Didn’t get them today either. New one for me, any ideas? Additionally, I’m still receiving pictures from all networks.

Last edited:
@john volkman as of yesterday I have stopped getting reports from all 4 home cameras across 2 states. Didn’t get them today either. New one for me, any ideas? Additionally, I’m still receiving pictures from all networks.

check on your cell management page, if the report is updated there , the issue is on your phone or servers end - if its not updated then you cell unit may be offline, in that case it could be several things that caused your cell unit to drop off.

check on your cell management page, if the report is updated there , the issue is on your phone or servers end - if its not updated then you cell unit may be offline, in that case it could be several things that caused your cell unit to drop off.

First it’s happened since July, still getting pics, reports on website show updated today. I wouldn’t think cell units would be offline if I’m still getting pictures regularly.