Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I will add that my normal email account I had trouble downloading pics on my phone from it. I started a GMAIL account for the cuddback and I have had zero issues since doing that. Not sure why that was. This wasn't a Cuddeback issue but was something with my normal email server.

Put out a new G powerhouse IR a couple weeks ago. Had it set to a 5 sec delay, no lapse. Noticed the first evening after I put it out that the first time it was triggered, it kept taking pics every 5 secs after the trigger, even when nothing was in front of it triggering it still. By the time I noticed I was already back home, several hours away. I changed my delay to 5 min in Camp so that it wouldn’t eat up my data.

Over the past couple weeks it has triggered a few times and only sent one pic, then at other times it will trigger and send a few pics that were taken 5 min apart. The first pic will be a deer, or something that triggers it, and then nothing in the rest of the pics.

This evening I had a pic of my dad driving by while mowing a trail at 3:05, then had an empty pic every 5 min after that until the next email was sent. It seems to reset when the next email sends. Emails are set to every 3 hours.

5:33 email
Pics from 3:05, 3:10, 3:16, 3:22, 3:27, 3:32, 3:37, 3:42, 3:47, 3:52, 3:57, 4:02, 4:07, 4:13, 4:18, 4:23, 4:28, 4:33, 4:38, 4:43, 4:48, 4:53, 4:58, 5:04, 5:09, 5:14, 5:19

6:07 email
Pic from 5:24
Then no more pics again.

I’m guessing the email from 5:33 reset the taking of pics, then there was still one pic in the queue from 5:24 that was received in the 6:07 email.

I’m sure lapse is off. It only starts taking the pics when it is actually triggered by something first. Only thing not standard is that the 9004 center fresnel lens was added.

Looking for any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put out a new G powerhouse IR a couple weeks ago. Had it set to a 5 sec delay, no lapse. Noticed the first evening after I put it out that the first time it was triggered, it kept taking pics every 5 secs after the trigger, even when nothing was in front of it triggering it still. By the time I noticed I was already back home, several hours away. I changed my delay to 5 min in Camp so that it wouldn’t eat up my data.

Over the past couple weeks it has triggered a few times and only sent one pic, then at other times it will trigger and send a few pics that were taken 5 min apart. The first pic will be a deer, or something that triggers it, and then nothing in the rest of the pics.

This evening I had a pic of my dad driving by while mowing a trail at 3:05, then had an empty pic every 5 min after that until the next email was sent. It seems to reset when the next email sends. Emails are set to every 3 hours.

5:33 email
Pics from 3:05, 3:10, 3:16, 3:22, 3:27, 3:32, 3:37, 3:42, 3:47, 3:52, 3:57, 4:02, 4:07, 4:13, 4:18, 4:23, 4:28, 4:33, 4:38, 4:43, 4:48, 4:53, 4:58, 5:04, 5:09, 5:14, 5:19

6:07 email
Pic from 5:24
Then no more pics again.

I’m guessing the email from 5:33 reset the taking of pics, then there was still one pic in the queue from 5:24 that was received in the 6:07 email.

I’m sure lapse is off. It only starts taking the pics when it is actually triggered by something first. Only thing not standard is that the 9004 center fresnel lens was added.

Looking for any ideas?

Unless you have a g series cell camera the email function is not connected to your G camera. i would do a walk test to see when and if its triggering correctly. if its not , its time to send it in for repair or replacement. I will note the centered fresnel lens will trigger when animals walk by a LOOONNNG way out , its very sensitive. so a blank image may not be blank if you look closely.

Unless you have a g series cell camera the email function is not connected to your G camera. i would do a walk test to see when and if its triggering correctly. if its not , its time to send it in for repair or replacement. I will note the centered fresnel lens will trigger when animals walk by a LOOONNNG way out , its very sensitive. so a blank image may not be blank if you look closely.[/QUOTE]

John, thanks for the reply.
This G does not have the email function itself, I agree. My assumption though is that when the home does send the email it makes some kind of contact with the remote cameras. Just like when you do an update in Camp and you have to wait for the next email from the home until the change takes affect on the remote camera. Whatever that contact is doing is what seems to reset this remote cam. It has happened several times with this camera that it has seemed to be stuck in a mode of taking pictures of nothing after a single trigger, then stops again at the same time an email is sent from the home.
I thought also it could be picking up something out of frame, but when my dad drove by on a mower yesterday, and then I got pics of nothing for over 2 hours afterwards it pretty much proved it for me. I’m sure he just did a quick drive by, and nothing would have been in front of the cam for a while after he drove by.
Unfortunately I’m 3 hours from the cam, and won’t be getting to it for a couple weeks probably. I’ll keep watching it until I get there to see what happens. If it keeps it up I’ll pull it and get with support.
Thanks

I'm having some darkness issues on pictures. some of the daylight pictures with color are coming in very very dark, and can reallly see anything. Is this a setting issue of somekind? They are the dual g series cameras with the updated software.

I'm having some darkness issues on pictures. some of the daylight pictures with color are coming in very very dark, and can reallly see anything. Is this a setting issue of somekind? They are the dual g series cameras with the updated software.
post an example of a dark picture

Back in the fall I got a 4 pack of J's that use aa batteries and a home base. Got everything set up and working good. Went around Friday and changed all my batteries with new Energizer max and took a picture on each camera. Yesterday morning I checked the home base and see that one of the remotes has not set its pic or status so I went back to the camera and everything is blank and and one or more of the batteries have leaked. Pulled the card and it has 1 pic when from when i installed batteries Friday. I cleaned up the battery compartment and installed new batteries again and nothing camera is dead. Any ideas other than send it in for service?

Back in the fall I got a 4 pack of J's that use aa batteries and a home base. Got everything set up and working good. Went around Friday and changed all my batteries with new Energizer max and took a picture on each camera. Yesterday morning I checked the home base and see that one of the remotes has not set its pic or status so I went back to the camera and everything is blank and and one or more of the batteries have leaked. Pulled the card and it has 1 pic when from when i installed batteries Friday. I cleaned up the battery compartment and installed new batteries again and nothing camera is dead. Any ideas other than send it in for service?
Swap a battery pack from one of your other cameras and see if it powers up , if it does all you need is a new battery pack. Also stay away from energizer batteries in cuddeback

if all daytime images are like this it needs to be sent in. if the early morning or late evening images are like this one its just a matter of the camera struggling to determine whether to use ir or not. In canopied leaf cover in this can be the issue.

S
if all daytime images are like this it needs to be sent in. if the early morning or late evening images are like this one its just a matter of the camera struggling to determine whether to use ir or not. In canopied leaf cover in this can be the issue.

so how do I get it to figure it out for dusk and dawn pictures which would be when I would expect the most pictures?

S

so how do I get it to figure it out for dusk and dawn pictures which would be when I would expect the most pictures?
in general ,facing the camera north can help , if the majority of the dark images are morning facing it west will help. Heavy tree canopy and the dynamics of the particular location have a lot to do with it. Experimenting with positioning can help. if you feel the camera is the cause you can definitely send it in. You can also try swapping out cameras in that location to determine if its an individual camera issue or the location and dynamics.

Swap a battery pack from one of your other cameras and see if it powers up , if it does all you need is a new battery pack. Also stay away from energizer batteries in cuddeback
I will try that this evening. Is it possible for the camera to power and take a picture if any of the batteries were installed in the wrong position ? I'm wondering if something in the camera caused the batteries to pop or if I could have gotten one in wrong.

I will try that this evening. Is it possible for the camera to power and take a picture if any of the batteries were installed in the wrong position ? I'm wondering if something in the camera caused the batteries to pop or if I could have gotten one in wrong.
it is possible although it will usually throw an error and/or get hot pretty quick. We have had continual issues with Energizer batteries ranging from them being over sized, to failures, to short battery life etc.
The J camera was designed with a removable battery pack so if there was a leakage issue with batteries it doesn't damage the camera internally.

it is possible although it will usually throw an error and/or get hot pretty quick. We have had continual issues with Energizer batteries ranging from them being over sized, to failures, to short battery life etc.
The J camera was designed with a removable battery pack so if there was a leakage issue with batteries it doesn't damage the camera internally.
Thanks John. I will swap it this evening. If it doesn't work I will send it in.

Thanks John. I will swap it this evening. If it doesn't work I will send it in.
Swapped the battery pack from a working camera and my camera is good. Is the battery compartment something that is warrantied ?

I would call can and explain what happened I think they will work with you. Let me know how it goes .

I would call can and explain what happened I think they will work with you. Let me know how it goes .
I looked inside the 2 middle springs are out of place and the plastic that holds them is melted. I will give them a call tomorrow. If not I will order the d cell pack to replace if. Thanks for the info John!

I replaced the batteries in my home camera this afternoon. Turned the camera off, replaced batteries, turned it back on and verified settings. I noticed it only showed “01” node on the home camera. I’ve heard it takes time for the nodes to show up on the home camera. Will the cameras reconnect eventually or will I have to go back to each camera and reconnect?

They will reconnect on their own.