All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I replaced the batteries in my home camera this afternoon. Turned the camera off, replaced batteries, turned it back on and verified settings. I noticed it only showed “01” node on the home camera. I’ve heard it takes time for the nodes to show up on the home camera. Will the cameras reconnect eventually or will I have to go back to each camera and reconnect?
They should reconnect within 24 - 48 hrs.

They will all link back up to home camera, takes a couple minutes after turning back on

Been a while since I have been on just curious if there has been any work on the usb connection for the home camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess the USB port connection will never be available for these devices, glad other companies are coming out with with new technology and at cheaper prices with better battery life

I've had my system up and running for a year now and I have the solar on them, I can't say I'm totally impressed with the system, I've already sent home camera in for a new one, now I'm having issues with other cameras, may just switch completely

Justin I have a spartan go cam it has great battery life and takes great pictures, we have unlimited photos and are able to send pics via txt and email to 5 people

Justin I would like to test out the spypoint cell link device, to make a a non cellular trail camera cellular the only thing that worries me is the battery life, considering I am 600 miles from my hunting site

Guess the USB port connection will never be available for these devices, glad other companies are coming out with with new technology and at cheaper prices with better battery life

This has been touched on several times but at this point Cuddeback is unable to produce a usb version in a affordable, consumer friendly option. Until they can, they wont release it. There was a couple members on here that were able configure it themselves. You could probably search for that on this thread and find out how to do it.
The main challenge this year for a lot of manufacturers is getting enough product to feed the market.
Curious to what the new technology you are referring to is? and what other camera brand has jumped into a usb version that links?

John it’s not a usb connector that connects its spy point product called cell link , it allows you to setup any trail camera with a standard usb slot and turn it into a cellular camera, and they offer 100 picture free a month, so a person can stager these devices weekly or every other week in the woods the only thing that concerns me is the battery life

And that to bad John that they won’t come out with a usb connection that was the only reason I purchased the home camera for, Will have to come up with a different plan for this cameras then

John it’s not a usb connector that connects its spy point product called cell link , it allows you to setup any trail camera with a standard usb slot and turn it into a cellular camera, and they offer 100 picture free a month, so a person can stager these devices weekly or every other week in the woods the only thing that concerns me is the battery life

im aware of that product, im sure they are selling a bunch of them but its not designed to do what cuddelink does. i can see why its attractive to some consumers though.

John some of my non cellular cameras take great pictures Mabey even better than cuddielink ( not trashing them ) but as a consumer I have to look at the cost 60.00 bucks is cheaper than what the cost is of Cuddelink , plus as a hunter I have multiple non cellular Trail cameras that can be used, could the cost of the batteries and SIM cards etc equal out possible but won’t know until I try

John some of my non cellular cameras take great pictures Mabey even better than cuddielink ( not trashing them ) but as a consumer I have to look at the cost 60.00 bucks is cheaper than what the cost is of Cuddelink , plus as a hunter I have multiple non cellular Trail cameras that can be used, could the cost of the batteries and SIM cards etc equal out possible but won’t know until I try

The big difference is with the spy point Link(and every other cell camera right now) you need a plan for each unit and you also need cell service in every location a camera is located. Cuddelnik is one plan for up to 24 cameras, you can now control your settings online remotely and you only need one LTE cell service on a single spot on a property in order to cover the entire property remotely. The initial cost of the spy point is great for those looking to get into a cell unit. Eventually the plan cost will surpass the cost of the a cuddelink. The good thing there is choices out there for every hunters needs right now. There is an entire thread on here talking about the spy point link in case you didnt see it.

And that to bad John that they won’t come out with a usb connection that was the only reason I purchased the home camera for, Will have to come up with a different plan for this cameras then

Gregg, I originally wanted this capability as well because I didn't like the idea of paying for a cell service. The best way of doing this is having a AC powered home unit in your home connected with a WiFi enabled SD card. You can find the info for how to do this on the forum. With that said, I'm currently running 13 Cuddeback cameras on my property through a Cuddeback cell camera (K-series). John hit the nail on the head with his comment describing the advantages of the Cuddelink system over converting your older or other newer cameras to a cell system. Battery life and the cost of the cell plans are always going to be an issue. At least with the Cuddelink system(and the other system like it, Buckeye) you have higher upfront costs, but in the long run it should be much cheaper than the alternative.

For what it's worth, I have tried the home unit in the house but manually pulling images off of the SD card. For me it is worth the 10 bucks a month to have a cell unit (essentially a g-grade camera) that is sending the images to mine and my family's email periodically throughout the day.

Justin I would like to test out the spypoint cell link device, to make a a non cellular trail camera cellular the only thing that worries me is the battery life, considering I am 600 miles from my hunting site

Ya my hunting land is 280 miles away and its a pain when my report says I have low batt or one of the cameras doesn't register, how much did the Spartans run you

I got my spartan through my cell provider so it added on my phone plan I think it’s about 10.00 a month unlimited

I got my spartan through my cell provider so it added on my phone plan I think it’s about 10.00 a month unlimited

Sounds good, thanks

Hoytvectrix I thought the home camera wasnt able to connect to a standard 110 power outlet and provide consistent power

Hoytvectrix I thought the home camera wasnt able to connect to a standard 110 power outlet and provide consistent power

cuddeback now has a 110 volt plug in available