Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I will be purchasing 4 of the new solar panels when released. Do you know which metal wrapped cord ill need for that, to directly hook to a J2 cam? My guess is neither of the 2 offered currently.
its the same metal cable that works on the current solar panel. i think the number is #9071

its the same metal cable that works on the current solar panel. i think the number is #9071

Will there be a metal wrapped solar cord for the DPB offered anytime soon?

Will there be a metal wrapped solar cord for the DPB offered anytime soon?
i dont believe so but if you need that you can use the same metal wrapped cable and shave some material off the end so it fits into the DPB, just be sure to put it into the correct port.

Yes, any camera (including K) can be used as a home camera without the cell. The K works with or without the cell connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, any camera (including K) can be used as a home camera without the cell. The K works with or without the cell connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
to be clear to all who read this -the k will not work until a cell plan is activated. IF you buy an annual plan the unit can be used after that year period is over. without an active plan.

Note - Dual Cell is available in 2 models
Model K-5680 is the Open Model that allows the camera to function with or without cell service (cellular operation does require a purchased cell plan). MSRP is $400.
Model K-5789 is the Plan Model and requires a purchases cell plan to operate. However, this model is only $200 saving you $200 which can pay for over 2 seasons of cell service.
They need to add this:IF you buy an annual plan the unit can be used after that year period is over. without an active plan (or as an Open Model).

[QUOTE="john volkman]
to be clear to all who read this -the k will not work until a cell plan is activated. IF you buy an annual plan the unit can be used after that year period is over. without an active plan.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that clarification, John. I wasn’t aware of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note - Dual Cell is available in 2 models
Model K-5680 is the Open Model that allows the camera to function with or without cell service (cellular operation does require a purchased cell plan). MSRP is $400.
Model K-5789 is the Plan Model and requires a purchases cell plan to operate. However, this model is only $200 saving you $200 which can pay for over 2 seasons of cell service.
They need to add this:IF you buy an annual plan the unit can be used after that year period is over. without an active plan (or as an Open Model).
Cuddeback offered the K#5680 open model but never had any retailers pick it up so they never produced any for 2020. Im guessing this model wont be offered in 2021 as a result.

John volkman
is Cuddeback planning on coming out with a smaller camera safe for the new Smaller J -1521 camera with the 4D cell batteries
the one made now is just to big

John volkman
is Cuddeback planning on coming out with a smaller camera safe for the new Smaller J -1521 camera with the 4D cell batteries
the one made now is just to big
i doubt it because it still works for every configuration of J and sales on safes are relatively low.

I know that there has been some talk of deer being scared of the white flash. I thought I would try it out this early in the season to see if I saw a change in deer behavior once I switched the camera to the white flash. I will eventually make a longer video if and when I get the chance, but I thought this was an interesting interaction of a buck on the camera in an alfalfa plot. This is a compilation of 13 images in about the span of 5 minutes. It appears that the buck had definitely noticed the camera/flash, but went right back to eating. I chose not to include it, but there was a second buck with this one who immediately moved right into the frame after this one left. It is obviously very difficult to study this in an uncontrolled environment, but I want to try and track this flash effect throughout the growing season. Camera is a K with the white flash on Medium power.Buck with white flash.gif

I just deployed a 12 camera system and I’m having trouble understanding the reports and a few other features. First off, do pictures from the remote cameras automatically get sent to the home camera or is there a wait period? Obviously the daisy chain will not be instantaneous, but I was under the impression that after a couple minutes the pictures would make it back to the home camera. Secondly, what does the “Queued pictures” section mean? Are those pictures just stuck there until they send back to the home camera and is there something that may be holding them up? Lastly, I have my home cell set to send pictures in batches of 30. Does that mean that any time the home cam gets 30 pictures it will send them? I received one email with 31 pictures and only pictures from 2 cameras. Of those 2 cameras, One camera said it had taken pictures on the report and the other one said it had taken 0. Other cams in the system say they have taken pictures and I’ve received nothing from them. I have attached a picture of the report. You can’t find much info in these cameras so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just deployed a 12 camera system and I’m having trouble understanding the reports and a few other features. First off, do pictures from the remote cameras automatically get sent to the home camera or is there a wait period? Obviously the daisy chain will not be instantaneous, but I was under the impression that after a couple minutes the pictures would make it back to the home camera. Secondly, what does the “Queued pictures” section mean? Are those pictures just stuck there until they send back to the home camera and is there something that may be holding them up? Lastly, I have my home cell set to send pictures in batches of 30. Does that mean that any time the home cam gets 30 pictures it will send them? I received one email with 31 pictures and only pictures from 2 cameras. Of those 2 cameras, One camera said it had taken pictures on the report and the other one said it had taken 0. Other cams in the system say they have taken pictures and I’ve received nothing from them. I have attached a picture of the report. You can’t find much info in these cameras so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
pictures automatically are sent home but they need to wait their turn so to speak. if a high volume are being taken at the same time it can take a bit for the system to catch up. Que is pictures waiting to be sent home. Batch 30 means when it hits 30 images it will transmit via cell , sometimes this can mean 30-32 images. The max the cell camera can hold in que is about 30 pics so that is the default and it will always try to send when it hits 30. It appears the report you posted is the online version from camp. They are still tweaking the online report. For now go by the report you are emailed or texted , it will be more accurate. If you can post the latest report you were emailed and try to post the entire image of the report.

pictures automatically are sent home but they need to wait their turn so to speak. if a high volume are being taken at the same time it can take a bit for the system to catch up. Que is pictures waiting to be sent home. Batch 30 means when it hits 30 images it will transmit via cell , sometimes this can mean 30-32 images. The max the cell camera can hold in que is about 30 pics so that is the default and it will always try to send when it hits 30. It appears the report you posted is the online version from camp. They are still tweaking the online report. For now go by the report you are emailed or texted , it will be more accurate. If you can post the latest report you were emailed and try to post the entire image of the report.

Thank you for the reply! I haven’t received an emailed report yet as it only sends once a day. Currently I only have 7 images queued on one camera and the rest have sent to my home camera. I know this because I have 150 images on my home cameras SD card. Could the lack of emailed pictures be due to poor cell service?

Thank you for the reply! I haven’t received an emailed report yet as it only sends once a day. Currently I only have 7 images queued on one camera and the rest have sent to my home camera. I know this because I have 150 images on my home cameras SD card. Could the lack of emailed pictures be due to poor cell service?
if you have it set at batch 30 it wont send until 30 images are in the cell transmit que. They may be there but waiting for 23 more . If it doesnt hit 30 , it will send whatever is in que when the report is emailed to you. You can also chose to have multiple reports emailed to you per day in 8.0 under device settings.

if you have it set at batch 30 it wont send until 30 images are in the cell transmit que. They may be there but waiting for 23 more . If it doesnt hit 30 , it will send whatever is in que when the report is emailed to you. You can also chose to have multiple reports emailed to you per day in 8.0 under device settings.
Thank you for the clarification. I went and checked my home camera this morning. There were in fact 150 images on the home cameras SD card but it had only emailed me 62. Why would my home camera not send the other 90 images on the card? I suspected possibly that I had poor cell service even though my cell service was fine on my phone, so I move the camera to a field edge 10 yards away with less canopy cover. I had it send a cell test which read “successful” on my camera, but never received an email with the test like I had previously when I first set the camera up. Got back to the house and changed home cell setting to send pictures every hour to ensure that it is in fact sending pictures. For the last 3 hours in has had the status “pending” which tells me it has no initiates cell connection since I left this morning. Does that mean I have no cell service?

Thank you for the clarification. I went and checked my home camera this morning. There were in fact 150 images on the home cameras SD card but it had only emailed me 62. Why would my home camera not send the other 90 images on the card? I suspected possibly that I had poor cell service even though my cell service was fine on my phone, so I move the camera to a field edge 10 yards away with less canopy cover. I had it send a cell test which read “successful” on my camera, but never received an email with the test like I had previously when I first set the camera up. Got back to the house and changed home cell setting to send pictures every hour to ensure that it is in fact sending pictures. For the last 3 hours in has had the status “pending” which tells me it has no initiates cell connection since I left this morning. Does that mean I have no cell service?

Just a thought but are you sure some of your emails aren't getting put into your junk email?

As far as changing settings it won't change until your cell camera connects. If you have it on batch 30 then it won't change until then or when it sends a report.

On 8.0 in your camp page you can see how many attempts where made by the cell unit to send and how many were successful . This will give you an idea of how good your service is. If you ran a test and the camera showed success and you never received the email the issue is with your email or server not the cell unit . Check your junk file and I would also add another email address or a friends email address or text number so you can determine if you are missing emails or texts .

What service do you have AT&T or Verizon? Are you sending text or email? The reason I ask someone on Cuddeback users of America Facebook page said AT&T would block text messages from the same number after so many thinking they were bogus.