Cuddeback's Cuddelink

100ee541a34849d5e1d5d9db30bccdb2.jpg

Camera 2, John.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camera 2, John.
i would try clear sd command on 8.0 and also change the camera delay to another setting shorter or longer. make sure you click"save". If the commands dont work you may need to go to the camera to see if there is an error.

Camera 2, John.
i would try clear sd command on 8.0 and also change the camera delay to another setting shorter or longer. make sure you click"save". If the commands dont work you may need to go to the camera to see if there is an error.

Well it responded to the clear SD command. I guess I’ll wait to see if anything changes before I drive 5 hours.

Well it responded to the clear SD command. I guess I’ll wait to see if anything changes before I drive 5 hours.

The camera Is connected to the home unit then, I would command it to take a pic and give it some time to send it to you.

Hey John,

I just got our link system up and running and am loving it so far. The 8.0 software is perfect for a very absentee landowner like myself. I only have two areas of concern or questions.

First I ordered some of the heavy duty cables that deter squirrels from chewing the cable between the DPB and cameras and I received these:
image.jpg

the black end is too small for the DPB and K series or G series powerhouse black flash cams I have. Do you guys make one with the brown connectors on both sides? I’m looking to exchange these if possible.

The other thing is on my daily report it’s not showing that my K-series AT&T cell cam is connected to an external battery source even though I have a DPB with it. I tried a simple reset and unplugged the unit, but it still hasn’t shown. If this is just a visual bug and it’s still powering it that’s fine, I just need to know if it’s a faulty unit or not.

8D20EB46-9052-4F78-BEE7-F637E4E3A8EB.jpeg

Hey John,

I just got our link system up and running and am loving it so far. The 8.0 software is perfect for a very absentee landowner like myself. I only have two areas of concern or questions.

First I ordered some of the heavy duty cables that deter squirrels from chewing the cable between the DPB and cameras and I received these:
View attachment 29533

the black end is too small for the DPB and K series or G series powerhouse black flash cams I have. Do you guys make one with the brown connectors on both sides? I’m looking to exchange these if possible.

The other thing is on my daily report it’s not showing that my K-series AT&T cell cam is connected to an external battery source even though I have a DPB with it. I tried a simple reset and unplugged the unit, but it still hasn’t shown. If this is just a visual bug and it’s still powering it that’s fine, I just need to know if it’s a faulty unit or not.
If you ordered the cables thru cuddeback call or email them or even message them on Facebook and they should be able to set up a return for you.
regarding the dpb k question , the voltage is same so it doesn’t identify the external correctly they are working on a fix for this bit for now it can’t be done . The intent was for the dpb to recognize all banks . The dpb will work on j and g cams regarding the report . You can try removing the internals and it may show ext 1 or you can leave them in. You will get extended life either way. It the report won’t show.

Hey John,

View attachment 29533

I may
Hey John,

View attachment 29533

I may be misinterpreting your comment, but doesn’t the brown 90 deg go in the cameras? Not familiar with DPB, does it have two ports and if it does are they the same size?

Last edited:
@john volkman
I have the K-5789 and am wondering if I can purchase a white flash similar to what goes in the G cameras for my K? It is my understanding (after reading through this entire forum) that the G's are very similar to the K. I also saw a comment about the K's being able to use the X-change flash system, but when I called a vendor, they said that this wasn't possible with the K's. Thanks!

@john volkman
I have the K-5789 and am wondering if I can purchase a white flash similar to what goes in the G cameras for my K? It is my understanding (after reading through this entire forum) that the G's are very similar to the K. I also saw a comment about the K's being able to use the X-change flash system, but when I called a vendor, they said that this wasn't possible with the K's. Thanks!
yes you can , its the same module and very easy to swap it out. takes a couple minutes max, i have dealers that have these in stock if you need one. let me know what vendor so we can let them know as well.

yes you can , its the same module and very easy to swap it out. takes a couple minutes max, i have dealers that have these in stock if you need one. let me know what vendor so we can let them know as well.

That's great news. I called and spoke with Farmstead Archery. I will call and order the part from them if they have it. Thanks for the prompt response, John!

I have a question about Prime Time settings. I just installed 8.0 on my cameras and got home to use CAMP for the first time. I'm feeling like a kid in the candy store. Anyway if I set up a camera for primetime 10 minute delay for two hours if something goes across the camera at 1 in the afternoon will it still take a picture or does it only activate around the primetime hours?

I have a question about Prime Time settings. I just installed 8.0 on my cameras and got home to use CAMP for the first time. I'm feeling like a kid in the candy store. Anyway if I set up a camera for primetime 10 minute delay for two hours if something goes across the camera at 1 in the afternoon will it still take a picture or does it only activate around the primetime hours?
No it won't. I've ran it some during turkey season to watch fields.. The biggest thing I don't like is that it won't trigger and also doesn't start taking pictures till we'll after daylight and quits well before dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Randy. I wonder if they can eventually work it out so you can set the time window it activates while it still takes pictures if something goes past it's sensor. I am going to try it on my fields.

Thanks for the reply Randy. I wonder if they can eventually work it out so you can set the time window it activates while it still takes pictures if something goes past it's sensor. I am going to try it on my fields.
You can do that with time lapse but not prime time , if they can they will make a change in the future but for now prime time means it only works for that purpose .

If you ordered the cables thru cuddeback call or email them or even message them on Facebook and they should be able to set up a return for you.
regarding the dpb k question , the voltage is same so it doesn’t identify the external correctly they are working on a fix for this bit for now it can’t be done . The intent was for the dpb to recognize all banks . The dpb will work on j and g cams regarding the report . You can try removing the internals and it may show ext 1 or you can leave them in. You will get extended life either way. It the report won’t show.
Thanks for the reply. Do they make a reinforced cable with the brown connectors on both sides? I would just as soon use those as opposed to the more flimsy ones that come with the dual power bank. Otherwise things are working great!

Thanks for the reply. Do they make a reinforced cable with the brown connectors on both sides? I would just as soon use those as opposed to the more flimsy ones that come with the dual power bank. Otherwise things are working great!
Yes they do it’s designed for the solar but the terminal ends are the same ,

Ive said this before on here but Cuddeback really should consider scrapping those cords in exchange for all metal wrapped. At 8$ a cord from cuddeback, Id think it would be worth throwing in, in order to provide a quality product. I was very close this past fall to selling everything cuddeback that I own due to cable problems. Had numerous cords, solar and 3358 power, get chewed in half. This causes more intrusion to fix camera.

You may say, no big deal, just buy the cords separate from cudde and move on, which is what i did, only to have problems with compatibility. The solar cords they sell dont work with my DPBs, and the power cords they sell dont work with half my cameras. ( I have old G, old J ,new J and Ks) Its Beyond frustrating to order this stuff based in what the website description is, only to find out it wont work as described.

Dont get me wrong, I love my cuddelink system, but the cord issues( flimsy/incompatibility), almost make it not worth the headache. I truly believe its the biggest glaring weakness in the system, that seamingly is getting brushed aside due to costs. Im no business major, but an 8$ increase per camera on 200$ plus cam, would be worth it in order to save the reputation.

Better yet, design the cameras and battery packs to be cord free.

Just my 2 cents from dealing with these exact issues all last fall

Ive said this before on here but Cuddeback really should consider scrapping those cords in exchange for all metal wrapped. At 8$ a cord from cuddeback, Id think it would be worth throwing in, in order to provide a quality product. I was very close this past fall to selling everything cuddeback that I own due to cable problems. Had numerous cords, solar and 3358 power, get chewed in half. This causes more intrusion to fix camera.

You may say, no big deal, just buy the cords separate from cudde and move on, which is what i did, only to have problems with compatibility. The solar cords they sell dont work with my DPBs, and the power cords they sell dont work with half my cameras. ( I have old G, old J ,new J and Ks) Its Beyond frustrating to order this stuff based in what the website description is, only to find out it wont work as described.

Dont get me wrong, I love my cuddelink system, but the cord issues( flimsy/incompatibility), almost make it not worth the headache. I truly believe its the biggest glaring weakness in the system, that seamingly is getting brushed aside due to costs. Im no business major, but an 8$ increase per camera on 200$ plus cam, would be worth it in order to save the reputation.

Better yet, design the cameras and battery packs to be cord free.

Just my 2 cents from dealing with these exact issues all last fall
the main reason for some of compatibility issues is Cuddeback used previous power accessories to help alleviate power consumption on the new cameras. It was either that, or wait 6-12months to have a solution built and brought in. at the rate sales were going this was not an option. It was not ideal, but we are now at the point (once the 3600 solar kit arrives this month)where new cameras can have any current power source hooked up to them. I do understand your frustration.
Regarding the metal reinforced cable including it has been discussed but it as you said it would increase cost and a majority of users dont need it although to some like you its vital. I run over 50 cameras and have only had one cable chewed in half. In other areas it can be a big problem.
Like many electronic companies, cuddeback was hit with large tariffs and they are doing everything they can to keep the retail prices at current levels . I will definitely pass on your input though.

Last edited:
the main reason for some of compatibility issues is Cuddeback used previous power accessories to help alleviate power consumption on the new cameras. It was either that, or wait 6-12months to have a solution built and brought in. at the rate sales were going this was not an option. It was not ideal, but we are now at the point (once the 3600 solar kit arrives this month)where new cameras can have any current power source hooked up to them. I do understand your frustration.
Regarding the metal reinforced cable including it has been discussed but it as you said it would increase cost and a majority of users dont need it although to some like you its vital. I run over 50 cameras and have only had one cable chewed in half. In other areas it can be a big problem.
Like many electronic companies, cuddeback was hit with large tariffs and they are doing everything they can to keep the retail prices at current levels . I will definitely pass on your input though.

I will be purchasing 4 of the new solar panels when released. Do you know which metal wrapped cord ill need for that, to directly hook to a J2 cam? My guess is neither of the 2 offered currently.