Cuddeback's Cuddelink

If any battery is backward it would not pass voltage, so the camera won’t turn on at all.
I didn’t say 1 battery ( one side ) 3 batteries the wrong Direction

Just an FYI for everyone. I have several DBP in use that I put up in November and added 2 more in March. One of my DBP out of 6 had the battery sticker showing the batteries going wrong way so make sure you double check.

Just an FYI for everyone. I have several DBP in use that I put up in November and added 2 more in March. One of my DBP out of 6 had the battery sticker showing the batteries going wrong way so make sure you double check.

Whats a DBP? mine worked just fine before. Only has 4 batteries though, not 6. And if any or all batteries are backwards, it doesnt turn on at all. So batteries in correct position, continues to say battery low and won't run update. Thats the issue I'm having.

I didn’t say 1 battery ( one side ) 3 batteries the wrong Direction
The six batteries are in series so any one of the six backward would not let the camera turn on. They go down one side across and back up the other side.

Whats a DBP? mine worked just fine before. Only has 4 batteries though, not 6. And if any or all batteries are backwards, it doesnt turn on at all. So batteries in correct position, continues to say battery low and won't run update. Thats the issue I'm having.

DBP = Dual Battery Pack.

CUD-00356-CuddeBack-Dual-Power-Bank-3563-416x416.jpg

When you loaded new FW what did you set the Battery Type? If you set it to 6 D and only have 4 Ds that would cause that problem.

When you loaded new FW what did you set the Battery Type? If you set it to 6 D and only have 4 Ds that would cause that problem.

Not sure what you mean.. Again.. continues to say low battery and will not do the update. Also, why would it need to be set to a different number of batteries when it only holds 4?

Not sure what you mean.. Again.. continues to say low battery and will not do the update. Also, why would it need to be set to a different number of batteries when it only holds 4?
After you load FW you have to go remove the FW SD card and place a blank Sd card. Then you have to go to Command again and go to Battery type, what shows 4D, 6D or 12AA. You want 4D, if it shows anything else it will indicate battery low. 4D = 6 v, all others 9v.

I see. I loaded software on all the remote cameras, and that function of battery type I dont see anywhere.

What model is the camera you are having a problem with?

G Series 5065

Will the camera accept power from either version of the power banks? Last year, prior to 8.0, I had a camera that kept giving me Low Battery messages. When I hooked it to an fresh external booster, it powered up and updated fine. You might also consider letting the camera sit with the new batteries in for a little while. I had a J (4D) that didn't clear the LOW BAT message immediately when I reloaded batteries. I just left it in the woods since I didn't have time to bring it out. The camera showed up the next day on the report as normal with good power. Good luck.

Not sure.. I will try that. I just have the home unit in my home and never had it plugged in to anything, just the internal batteries.

G Series 5065
Ok what I am referring to only occurs on the J’s. I don’t have any G-Series cameras, but if it only uses 4D batteries I would think it should. I just looked at Cuddeback’s website and don’t see a G-5065. Is that an older model or should have been 5062 or 5055? Also how long do you let it sit after you remove the batteries before putting new batteries in. You need to allow screen to go completely blank.

I just bought the cameras last year right around this time. I take the batteries out, push buttons until it goes blank, wait like 10 minutes or so, and try again.

Well sounds like you have done it all correct. If you are on Facebook I would suggest you join Cuddeback users of America group and ask your questions. I know there are several sales reps and a VP on there that can better answer your questions.

DBP = Dual Battery Pack.

CUD-00356-CuddeBack-Dual-Power-Bank-3563-416x416.jpg
just so no-one gets confused, this is called a dual power bank, because you can incorporate solar with it.

Will the camera accept power from either version of the power banks? Last year, prior to 8.0, I had a camera that kept giving me Low Battery messages. When I hooked it to an fresh external booster, it powered up and updated fine. You might also consider letting the camera sit with the new batteries in for a little while. I had a J (4D) that didn't clear the LOW BAT message immediately when I reloaded batteries. I just left it in the woods since I didn't have time to bring it out. The camera showed up the next day on the report as normal with good power. Good luck.
this is good advice, if it doesn't work i would set up a return to get it sent in.

this is good advice, if it doesn't work i would set up a return to get it sent in.

I may do that today. Any idea on how long it takes to get received back? Being the home camera that collects everything... kind of tough to be with out it.

Side question, since it appears as though some models have changed, what are the new camera models and items that replaced the G series 5065? I want the dual flash non cellular, and will be getting 5 or 6 of them. All but 1 I will want the solar chargers, but looks like that new dual power bank could be used for solar, or without. That correct? Just put different batteries in?

I may do that today. Any idea on how long it takes to get received back? Being the home camera that collects everything... kind of tough to be with out it.

Side question, since it appears as though some models have changed, what are the new camera models and items that replaced the G series 5065? I want the dual flash non cellular, and will be getting 5 or 6 of them. All but 1 I will want the solar chargers, but looks like that new dual power bank could be used for solar, or without. That correct? Just put different batteries in?
typically this time of year its very fast but they have reduced staffing because of Covid-19. I would plan on a week to two weeks minimum.
G-5055 is what you would want if you are looking for the G series cuddelink with dual flash module. You can get those in a 4 pack for a reduced price. If you want solar , wait until the new solar panel comes out in a month or so. You can then run the camera with internal alkalines as a back up and the panel with internal batteries will power the camera. if you have good sunlight in the camera location you likely will get many months or even a year of life.