Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Thanks for the information, much appreciated But I wish that was explained in manual. I would have signed up for the annual plan, I could have been 6 months into unlocking it, now I essentially wasted 6 months. So I’ll have to sign up for another 12 months to unlock it, right?
correct, the ability to "unlock " the camera with an annual plan was just recently added as a feature, it was not available originally. This is why it states on the front of the box that the unit needs a plan to operate.

correct, the ability to "unlock " the camera with an annual plan was just recently added as a feature, it was not available originally. This is why it states on the front of the box that the unit needs a plan to operate.
So other than signing up for an annual plan, is there anything else I need to do on my end? Does it automatically unlock camera? Thanks again for the information. Your participation on this forum is extremely helpful.

So other than signing up for an annual plan, is there anything else I need to do on my end? Does it automatically unlock camera? Thanks again for the information. Your participation on this forum is extremely helpful.
you shouldn't have to do anything , if you run into trouble contact me or Cuddeback CS.

I do quite a bit of reading here but haven't posted alot. I have been using the Cuddelink this past season and have really liked the advantages but still use my Bushnell and Browning cams. Anyways, I have acquired a new 400 acre place and would love to add more cams or an additional entire cuddelink setup. If anyone is looking to get out of the Cuddelink game let me know, maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks!!

you shouldn't have to do anything , if you run into trouble contact me or Cuddeback CS.
John do the options for remote use show up under commands when it's unlocked?

John do the options for remote use show up under commands when it's unlocked?
Remote can always show up I believe , but any dual cell won’t operate without a plan. The dual cell is not Intended to be used as a remote. I’m not following what you are asking .

I do quite a bit of reading here but haven't posted alot. I have been using the Cuddelink this past season and have really liked the advantages but still use my Bushnell and Browning cams. Anyways, I have acquired a new 400 acre place and would love to add more cams or an additional entire cuddelink setup. If anyone is looking to get out of the Cuddelink game let me know, maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks!!
If you use Facebook join Cuddeback Users of America. There are a few dealers and someone offering cameras. There was a guy today that had a couple starter kits( 3J series and a K)

Last edited:
Remote can always show up I believe , but any dual cell won’t operate without a plan. The dual cell is not Intended to be used as a remote. I’m not following what you are asking .
I guess what I meant to ask was how do you know the K dual cell is "unlocked" so it can be used like a J or G camera in the system? Is it immediately after purchasing the yearly plan or after it expires? Are the menu options under commands the same? Can I just set it to remote and add it into an existing system no problem?

I guess what I meant to ask was how do you know the K dual cell is "unlocked" so it can be used like a J or G camera in the system? Is it immediately after purchasing the yearly plan or after it expires? Are the menu options under commands the same? Can I just set it to remote and add it into an existing system no problem?
its unlocked at the end of the annual plan. at that point it should arm without a cell plan.

Can I set cuddelink cameras to take a daily pic a set time? I've searched but haven't found anything even thou a vaguely remember it asked. Im trying to monitor my maple sap tanks which are semi transparent plastic. Corn in front of tank was working but after spending so many hours in the shack boiling lately it seems the deer have gotten stage fright about helping me get my sap pics

Can I set cuddelink cameras to take a daily pic a set time? I've searched but haven't found anything even thou a vaguely remember it asked. Im trying to monitor my maple sap tanks which are semi transparent plastic. Corn in front of tank was working but after spending so many hours in the shack boiling lately it seems the deer have gotten stage fright about helping me get my sap pics
Yes via time lapse but it will be based on when you set it unless you use prime time. If you load gen 2 you can force it to take a pic on command as well

John, does power cord PW 3617 work on G’s?

John, does power cord PW 3617 work on G’s?
it will work on the old G but not the new/current version of the g, they are working on a solution for it but it will be some time before they have it. There was an issue in manufacturing that ended up not allowing it to fit the New/current G series.

Anyone try amazon brand D batteries ? If so what were the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having issues with my home unit. No matter the batteries, it continues to tell me low battery and wont run the update. I have had 6 different sets of brand new batteries put in. I take the batteries out, push buttons until it shut off. Left it for awhile. Then batteries in, it says welcome, and then low battery. How does this get fixed?

I am having issues with my home unit. No matter the batteries, it continues to tell me low battery and wont run the update. I have had 6 different sets of brand new batteries put in. I take the batteries out, push buttons until it shut off. Left it for awhile. Then batteries in, it says welcome, and then low battery. How does this get fixed?

I would try these 3 things and if they don't work then I would call CS.
1.Check the batteries with a meter if you have one to make sure that you didn't get a bad batch.
2. Try a different SD card.
3. Maybe try resetting the camera if it will let you.

Anyone try amazon brand D batteries ? If so what were the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not. I looked at them but when I did I could still get Rayovac High Energy batteries cheaper on EBAY. Those seem to be what everyone recommends.

1.Check the batteries with a meter if you have one to make sure that you didn't get a bad batch.
3. Maybe try resetting the camera if it will let you.[/QUOTE}

I did the reset, at least I believe I did on the screen. I put batteries in other cameras and the batteries seem to work just fine.

3. Maybe try resetting the camera if it will let you.
This might sound bad but the home unit has 6 batteries 3 on each side make sure you are putting them in right ! I don’t know how experienced you are with the camera, but one side 3 batteries are only 4.8 v new so that would indicate low batteries

This might sound bad but the home unit has 6 batteries 3 on each side make sure you are putting them in right ! I don’t know how experienced you are with the camera, but one side 3 batteries are only 4.8 v new so that would indicate low batteries
If any battery is backward it would not pass voltage, so the camera won’t turn on at all.