Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I’m sure there is more but I know Kinsey’s and Lancaster have booths at the show.

Has anyone used the time-lapse function on the G series? How is it in regards to battery life and, more importantly, playback ease?

Has anyone used the time-lapse function on the G series? How is it in regards to battery life and, more importantly, playback ease?
time lapse is best used under "prime time" this allows you to pick the delay period and also pick specific hours in early morning or late afternoon. There isnt a "playback" as the pics will be transmitted like another other cuddelink picture. Also important to not that when a camera is in "prime time" the PIR is off so the only images you will get are the time lapse images. it doesn't effect battery any different than the other settings other than if you ask it to take a extremely large amount of images it will use more battery life.

Thanks John!

Has anyone tried using lashing straps instead of the standard strap that comes with the genius mount? Looks like you can get them for about $2 a piece from amazon.
2B8C9F7B-B1CF-4311-949F-0438974C2609.jpeg

Has anyone tried using lashing straps instead of the standard strap that comes with the genius mount? Looks like you can get them for about $2 a piece from amazon.
View attachment 27798

Just like standard strap, I could not pull them tight enough for me. Ratchet type works okay. I go back after a month or two and the camera has the strap sagged down. I’ve since screwed mine. Next year I’m going to mostly all pole mounts. I can never find a tree exactly where I need camera.

I use old trail cam straps from other brands. The whole "Genius" system is a joke.

Just like standard strap, I could not pull them tight enough for me. Ratchet type works okay. I go back after a month or two and the camera has the strap sagged down. I’ve since screwed mine. Next year I’m going to mostly all pole mounts. I can never find a tree exactly where I need camera.

I love the Genius Pole Mounts, like you I can never find a tree in exactly the right place. I've been using them with the DPB and G camera and they hold the weight fine.

I use old trail cam straps from other brands. The whole "Genius" system is a joke.

What don't you like about the Genius system? I think they are super quick and easy but I do like the straps that come with the Cuddepower and DPB better than the straps that come with the cameras.

One thing I don’t like is if you use a Python cable lock the camera will slide right over unless you replace the screw holding the the battery latch with a 1/2-1/4-20 bolt

John do you know of any dealers that have the Cuddelink cap? I know Cabela's has them but I'm looking to see if I can get some deals below the $69.99 price

John do you know of any dealers that have the Cuddelink cap? I know Cabela's has them but I'm looking to see if I can get some deals below the $69.99 price
I don’t, these haven’t been produced for several years . I would be suprised in any were out there, even at cabelas .

Last edited:
View attachment 27798

I have been using stainless screws for attaching the genius mounts. Solid. No worries about straps loosening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am frustrated to say the least. I setup a k series camera last night with a single j series remote. I went the full setup and even did a test communication over cell. I received the test email within minutes. I deployed the cameras today and the remote connected to the home with limited signal strength (35) and they are less than 1/4 mile apart. But the biggest issue is after deploying the home and then the remote, I walked back to the home location and walked in front of the camera several times so that I could see some images. It has now been 2 hours and I received no emails nor texts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am frustrated to say the least. I setup a k series camera last night with a single j series remote. I went the full setup and even did a test communication over cell. I received the test email within minutes. I deployed the cameras today and the remote connected to the home with limited signal strength (35) and they are less than 1/4 mile apart. But the biggest issue is after deploying the home and then the remote, I walked back to the home location and walked in front of the camera several times so that I could see some images. It has now been 2 hours and I received no emails nor texts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
What time interval do you have the K cam set at to send pics?

What time interval do you have the K cam set at to send pics?
I set it to batch = 1. I have a hunt in 2 days and want every picture sent to me right away.