All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Test painted some of my older E-2’s that I use on public, turned out pretty good so I went with it on the new J’s. Hoping to help conceal them from thieves. May add some tree bark later to help break up the outline. I’ll do the rest of my cameras when I pull the for the year.
View attachment 27656View attachment 27659
View attachment 27658View attachment 27660
View attachment 27657View attachment 27661
Looks great. You can add some perforated camo window film over the flash to help conceal them even more. It doesn't affect flash range either

O
Looks great. You can add some perforated camo window film over the flash to help conceal them even more. It doesn't affect flash range either
over the infrared bulbs?

Test painted some of my older E-2’s that I use on public, turned out pretty good so I went with it on the new J’s. Hoping to help conceal them from thieves. May add some tree bark later to help break up the outline. I’ll do the rest of my cameras when I pull the for the year.
View attachment 27656View attachment 27659
View attachment 27658View attachment 27660
View attachment 27657View attachment 27661
Those look great! Did you rattle can them or hand paint?

Do you seperate the perforations more or do you just cut out a square of the vinyl and adhere to the lens as normal? Are you using those on black flash cams? It seems crazy to me that it wouldn’t effect flash range, but the hole spacing must be enough to not cast shadows from the bulbs.

O

over the infrared bulbs?
Yes, there's a member who posted about this a looking ways back in this thread. That's where I got it from. I did it to all my cameras and they disappear now.

Do you seperate the perforations more or do you just cut out a square of the vinyl and adhere to the lens as normal? Are you using those on black flash cams? It seems crazy to me that it wouldn’t effect flash range, but the hole spacing must be enough to not cast shadows from the bulbs.
Just cut it and apply with a heat gun. I have it on all my cams, IR and black flash. Flash range isn't impacted imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20200117_050023.jpg
    IMG_20200117_050023.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200117_045837.jpg
    IMG_20200117_045837.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 71
  • T_00010_02.JPG
    T_00010_02.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 63
  • T_00002_09.JPG
    T_00002_09.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 54
Just cut it and apply with a heat gun. I have it on all my cams, IR and black flash. Flash range isn't impacted imo.
What did you use on the rest of the camera?

What’d you use to camo yours with?

Nice paint and camo jobs.

BPressley, Where does one get the perforated camo window vinyl at? My quest for it has turned up expensive sources. Where did you get yours from?

Nice paint and camo jobs.

BPressley, Where does one get the perforated camo window vinyl at? My quest for it has turned up expensive sources. Where did you get yours from?
I believe I purchased it from mossyoak graphics. It was more than I wanted to spend but I did all my cameras, cuddes and others, and I have some left for more cams or whatever I might want to do with it. I have over 30 cams total fwiw. Here's the link : https://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/mossy-oak-camo-window-graphic

Loctite fast grab construction adhesive. It's a little trick I used from my homebrew trailcam days. Paint was extra flat camo Rust-Oleum.
So you apply the loctite then paint over after it dries?

Hello, I have several Cuddelink cameras and the home receiver and battery life is horrible on all of them. Understanding that rf comms takes a lot of power so so I have installed the solar panels at the cameras. But my receiver is at my house and I have access to AC. I see it has an AC plug in port on the bottom, doesnt appear the AC adapter that comes with the solar panel kit fits the port to power the Receiver? What ac adapter works and if so do I take the batteries out, leave the regular batteries in or get rechargeable batteries to put in?

Thanks

~ phil

Hello, I have several Cuddelink cameras and the home receiver and battery life is horrible on all of them. Understanding that rf comms takes a lot of power so so I have installed the solar panels at the cameras. But my receiver is at my house and I have access to AC. I see it has an AC plug in port on the bottom, doesnt appear the AC adapter that comes with the solar panel kit fits the port to power the Receiver? What ac adapter works and if so do I take the batteries out, leave the regular batteries in or get rechargeable batteries to put in?

Thanks

~ phil
an ac adapter is not available yet. I would suggest a 3358 d cell booster for your home unit . You will typically get 120-180 days on units that have the #3358 as a booster pack. I also recommend rayovac high energy batteries , stay away form Energizer d cells.

Does the number of email address receiving pictures have any bearing on the data or number of pics that can be transmitted per month? Sorry if already answered.

Thanks

~ phil
Custom 1 enterprises have an ac adapter available, I have had been using one on the home unit in my garage and keep batteries in the home unit as backup.

Does the number of email address receiving pictures have any bearing on the data or number of pics that can be transmitted per month? Sorry if already answered.
Nope extra recipients have no bearing on data used