Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Cuddeback customer service is not helpful at all and rude

I've simply not found that to be the case over the past 10+ years of dealing with Cuddeback tech support, but your mileage may vary. It takes two to tango...
I've found that if I'm courteous they're courteous and the few times I've had an issue with a camera that couldn't be ferreted out a new one came snapping back on a rubber band.

John, here's an idea for Cuddeback. Build a page on website that people can attach the latest picture from a problem camera, along with their problem. Have the page auto open the efxifdata from picture. You will then have all the data needed to help troubleshoot. A drop down box with problem selections, to help in searching. This would alleviate all the same ole questions such as "what camera?" - "what settings?"- "what voltage" - "How many days" -"How many pictures" etc.

Although there are inaccuracies, I would like to see Temperature added. Anxious to see Cudde in 2020.

Will the yet-to-be released firmware that allows settings to be controlled remotely have the multiple-pic burst setting option that was possible prior to FW 7.7?

John, here's an idea for Cuddeback. Build a page on website that people can attach the latest picture from a problem camera, along with their problem. Have the page auto open the efxifdata from picture. You will then have all the data needed to help troubleshoot. A drop down box with problem selections, to help in searching. This would alleviate all the same ole questions such as "what camera?" - "what settings?"- "what voltage" - "How many days" -"How many pictures" etc.

Although there are inaccuracies, I would like to see Temperature added. Anxious to see Cudde in 2020.
Check this link for email support.

Check this link for email support.

LOL...FredG to the rescue. Again! Thanks buddy! Yep, that will work. Just need to make the site public, so that everybody can see problems and solutions.

You got any good pic lately?

This topic has lots of battery life issues. look at page 100, I have all G model cameras 13 of them. 6 of them have been over 400 days on them and have never had a battery issue. I use 6 volt batteries a 6 volt solar charger and a ammo box. Cuddeback will tell you it will void the warranty. What good is a warranty if your camera sits dead in the woods? I live in ND and it was -22°F this morning. I dont have any battery life issues. I cant say enough good about the G series cameras they work great except for the battery life, I fixed my problems. I can post links the stuff i used if anyone is interested. Good luck.
I tried the solar route with both Cuddeback and aftermarket panels with both 6v batteries and 12v regulated down to 9v or 6v depending on the camera and just didn't get more life under a thick canopy of leaves than I do with D cell external packs. Actually the D cell packs give me better life. They did however work great out on the field edges getting all day sun. The only benefit in my case was swapping out a charged battery vs tossing 6 D cells in the trash.

Something odd happened yesterday. I have the camera set to send pics every 4 hours but it didn't transmit at 8 pm or 12am last night. I doubt there was no action at 3 cameras for an 8 hour period but could be. I say I doubt it because I've never had no action for that long since I set the cameras up 2 months ago. Got report and pics starting at 4am today.

Something odd happened yesterday. I have the camera set to send pics every 4 hours but it didn't transmit at 8 pm or 12am last night. I doubt there was no action at 3 cameras for an 8 hour period but could be. I say I doubt it because I've never had no action for that long since I set the cameras up 2 months ago. Got report and pics starting at 4am today.
Were there pics from the time frame missed?

Were there pics from the time frame missed?
No pics were sent that were taken during that time period.

No pics were sent that were taken during that time period.
If you want to verify if pics were taken but just not transmitted or if no pics were taken during the blackout period:

For each of the three cameras involved, check the LI=? (lifetime images) in the metadata on the last picture transmitted before the blackout and the first picture transmitted after the blackout to see if the LI number is sequential or shows a "jump". If sequential, then no pics were taken, and if not, then the difference is the number of pics taken and not transmitted.

Last edited:
Will the yet-to-be released firmware that allows settings to be controlled remotely have the multiple-pic burst setting option that was possible prior to FW 7.7?
it will not. As many on this forum know, when using burst or FAP only the first image is sent via Cuddelink RF. When this was enabled the amount of CS hours needed to explain why and the amount of users that thought their camera was defective slowed down our CS time to the point it had to be removed. I realize there is a few that want this feature but allowing it in the settings adds confusion. As the technology evolves if there is a possibility to add it back in and have them all transmitted it will be. Keep in mind if you have the need to use burst, FAP or video mode you can just turn cuddelink mode to "off". You then you will need to visit the camera to retrieve the images. Its a matter of whats more important to the user. The success of cuddelink has been based on the fact that you dont have to visit each camera site to retrieve images.

Last edited:
I tried the solar route with both Cuddeback and aftermarket panels with both 6v batteries and 12v regulated down to 9v or 6v depending on the camera and just didn't get more life under a thick canopy of leaves than I do with D cell external packs. Actually the D cell packs give me better life. They did however work great out on the field edges getting all day sun. The only benefit in my case was swapping out a charged battery vs tossing 6 D cells in the trash.

That is good to know. I think I am going to switch a couple of my solar panels to D Cell packs next year. One thing I like about the rechargeables is if I was going to be close to the camera I sometimes would take a fresh recharged set with me and change them out since I was going that way.

The Genius mount is nothing great, it's a detractor from the design, for me. I would much rather have a 1/4x20 threaded mount, and a standard camera strap.
There's a 1/4x20 thread in the back of every camera. I used it on all my G and J cameras before I put them in security boxes.

5d2ce82469b9a02f5849d96638befc7a.jpg

I made these a few years ago and adapted it to my Cuddelink’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7a07532d7982d3c1663900a22414b639.jpg

Last edited:
if you would like to pm me your full name and contact info and the issue you have ill have someone contact you to se if they can help. they keep records of every customer they talk with so it will be easy to track down who you had the bad experience with.

My cuddelink system helped provide some evidence to local law enforcement on this dude. I had pics of him on 2 out of 10 cameras haha

Friend of mines camera caught a guy with his kids that crashed his car after a chase walking though his woods in the middle of the night. About 30 minutes later he got all the police and the K9. The pictures were used as evidence.

I just bought the Black Friday deal. Model J-1521. Can anyone tell me the model number of the power pack I will need? These cameras require 4 D batteries. Also, is there a solar charger for it? Any information would be appreciated.

I just bought the Black Friday deal. Model J-1521. Can anyone tell me the model number of the power pack I will need? These cameras require 4 D batteries. Also, is there a solar charger for it? Any information would be appreciated.
The 3358 booster will work , if you want to run solar on the J with D cell pack you are better off waiting until early 2020 when the new solar power bank comes out. the current solar kit will not work with the 4 D battery pack on the J 1521 since the current kit includes aa batteries.

The 3358 booster will work , if you want to run solar on the J with D cell pack you are better off waiting until early 2020 when the new solar power bank comes out. the current solar kit will not work with the 4 D battery pack on the J 1521 since the current kit includes aa batteries.
Looking at Cuddeback's website, it says it comes with two cables. I'm assuming one will plug into a side that is 6v and the other will plug into a side that is 9v which can be used with the K-5789?