Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have 3 dual battery banks. All 3 are connected to j cameras since last week of October. On 2 of the cameras, I received error code 4. On one camera, it happens every 2 weeks or so. I reflashed 7_7 on both, replaced all 12 batteries on both, different sd cards on both, reseated the cords on both....still getting the error code every couple weeks...on one camera more so than the other. Neither camera have internal batteries. Sometimes report shows ext-1 ok for a day, then ext-2 for a few days, then offline. When I check them, error code is on.

I have 3 dual battery banks. All 3 are connected to j cameras since last week of October. On 2 of the cameras, I received error code 4. On one camera, it happens every 2 weeks or so. I reflashed 7_7 on both, replaced all 12 batteries on both, different sd cards on both, reseated the cords on both....still getting the error code every couple weeks...on one camera more so than the other. Neither camera have internal batteries. Sometimes report shows ext-1 ok for a day, then ext-2 for a few days, then offline. When I check them, error code is on.

Did you format SD card in camera? Are these alkaline batteries? What is the temperature?

Did you format SD card in camera?
I did not format in the camera. To note, I have 7 cameras total with approx 12 sd cards. I swapped sd cards in the 2 said cameras from my sd case....which all have never produced an error code in last 2 years. But I will format them to see if it helps. Thanks for the advice

I just sent in a camera with c4 error code. Killed 12 D batteries in less than 20 days. I’m guessing it’s a software issue that keeps battery drain going instead of going to sleep when not sensing movement.
I sent that camera in last week and received notice that repaired camera has been shipped back to me as of yesterday.
This is my second C4 error and both required warranty repair.

I just sent in a camera with c4 error code. Killed 12 D batteries in less than 20 days. I’m guessing it’s a software issue that keeps battery drain going instead of going to sleep when not sensing movement.
I sent that camera in last week and received notice that repaired camera has been shipped back to me as of yesterday.

What brand and type of batteries?

Exactly what happened to me. 12 batteries in approx 2 weeks. Rayovacs.

Would be nice if they would tell you exactly what was repaired...

Would be nice if they would tell you exactly what was repaired...
True. I am curious. Once I gave explanation of the symptom they said it would need to be sent in. Just not sure if it’s hardware or software issue.

Good battery selection. If it freezes here, my batteries die quick. But that was without ext pack.

Yeah. It was the only camera of mine that behaved that way. Running multiple dual power banks and several of the 6 battery banks.

Yeah. It was the only camera of mine that behaved that way. Running multiple dual power banks and several of the 6 battery banks.
What type camera J or G?

This topic has lots of battery life issues. look at page 100, I have all G model cameras 13 of them. 6 of them have been over 400 days on them and have never had a battery issue. I use 6 volt batteries a 6 volt solar charger and a ammo box. Cuddeback will tell you it will void the warranty. What good is a warranty if your camera sits dead in the woods? I live in ND and it was -22°F this morning. I dont have any battery life issues. I cant say enough good about the G series cameras they work great except for the battery life, I fixed my problems. I can post links the stuff i used if anyone is interested. Good luck.

Unfortunately I've mentioned error04 on here a couple times and no one seems to know. 3 of our 4 have had this issue multiple times. Batteries (Duracell and Energizer), weather conditions, time until the error shows itself again, all inconsistent. I have called support on the issue as well and was requested to send all 3 in.

Unfortunately I've mentioned error04 on here a couple times and no one seems to know. 3 of our 4 have had this issue multiple times. Batteries (Duracell and Energizer), weather conditions, time until the error shows itself again, all inconsistent. I have called support on the issue as well and was requested to send all 3 in.

04= Post Time-Out error is what I have read. Whatever that means. I've had it & 03 one time, changed batteries and hasn't came back. Is on a J-camera? What was your voltage at time of error? I'm thinking when this happens the camera is not making it through the final program sequence. It gets to a certain point and gets stuck, be it voltage, or hick-up in the coding. Refreshing firmware and reformatting SD card may help. But I'm just guessing.

Last edited:
This topic has lots of battery life issues. look at page 100, I have all G model cameras 13 of them. 6 of them have been over 400 days on them and have never had a battery issue. I use 6 volt batteries a 6 volt solar charger and a ammo box. Cuddeback will tell you it will void the warranty. What good is a warranty if your camera sits dead in the woods? I live in ND and it was -22°F this morning. I dont have any battery life issues. I cant say enough good about the G series cameras they work great except for the battery life, I fixed my problems. I can post links the stuff i used if anyone is interested. Good luck.

Neat set-up. How many pictures you get on average?

04= Post Time-Out error is what I have read. Whatever that means. I've had it & 03 one time, changed batteries and hasn't came back. Is on a J-camera? What was your voltage at time of error? I'm thinking when this happens the camera is not making it through the final program sequence. It gets to a certain point and gets stuck, be it voltage, or hick-up in the coding. Refreshing firmware and reformatting SD card may help. But I'm just guessing.
For what it’s worth, I did refresh the firmware on one of my C-04’s and it did not help in my particular case.

I was all set and ready to take the plunge on diy battery box, but then they came out with the dual power banks and I liked the idea of just sliding one unit onto a genius mount and being done with it. Still may try it on a couple of my cameras based on their isolated locations.