Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Alright John....since I got the cameras squared away and sending pics, this has become addicting. I get up in the morning and check my texts to see what happened overnight and then waiting with anticipation for the next set of pictures every few hours.
Is there some kind of Cuddelink anonymous I should check out?

Lol, the passion extends the season. Nice to see bucks develop before season and see that they survived after season.

Glad you got it all lined out. We need more people in our CA meetings. lol

will the new firmware coming out in 2020 that will let you control cameras from phone work on the k and j cameras silver series?
yes -it will apply to all cuddelink cameras old and new

John, is there a way to put the BL or Voltage on the daily report. That battery status seems to be a focal issue for a lot of people.

John, is there a way to put the BL or Voltage on the daily report. That battery status seems to be a focal issue for a lot of people.
at this point no because the camera would need to run an actual test each time it checks in to do so. not only that but the level can go up and down with temps and other factors. We are stuck with what we are at for the near future.

at this point no because the camera would need to run an actual test each time it checks in to do so. not only that but the level can go up and down with temps and other factors. We are stuck with what we are at for the near future.

I rely on the meta-data myself, but there is a huge amount of questions on battery status. Anyway, just a thought.

Whenever the remote adjustment gets turned on, there's going to be a lot of lost sleep! lol

Thanks

will the new firmware coming out in 2020 that will let you control cameras from phone work on the k and j cameras silver series?
yes -it will apply to all cuddelink cameras old and new

Will it fix the issue I’ve had quite often where I’m running solar panels and some times the sun is not out enough to charge the batteries and it even if I move it to direct sunlight it will recharge the batteries but the camera is unable to come back from the display of battery dead until I reset the camera by totally discharging it. I learned the had way on this I know move the camera to a better location for sun but it’s also snow on the panels that do this to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the J camera using D batteries a typo or is there a version that does? If so, where can I buy one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was the J camera using D batteries a typo or is there a version that does? If so, where can I buy one?

The new J cams run on D batteries.

If you buy a two pack now you get a K cell free with the purchase of the 2000 pic/mo cell plan $480 + tax total for all three

I just bought the two pack set up for D cells from Midway. How do you activate the new cell camera and get it sent to you? Can you do it totally online? My D cell J cams will be here tomorrow and I want to get the Cell camera activated and shipped as soon as possible.

I just bought the two pack set up for D cells from Midway. How do you activate the new cell camera and get it sent to you? Can you do it totally online? My D cell J cams will be here tomorrow and I want to get the Cell camera activated and shipped as soon as possible.
Should be a purple card with a website on it to register in the box

Last edited:
Will it fix the issue I’ve had quite often where I’m running solar panels and some times the sun is not out enough to charge the batteries and it even if I move it to direct sunlight it will recharge the batteries but the camera is unable to come back from the display of battery dead until I reset the camera by totally discharging it. I learned the had way on this I know move the camera to a better location for sun but it’s also snow on the panels that do this to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
once a camera is off as a result of batteries going dead it has to be turned on manually - the new update will not allow you to turn the camera on since it has to be "on" to receive a command of any type.

We have Reduced the price on our Heavy Duty Security Boxes for J Series (custom1enterprises)
You need to come out with a better mounting bracket for the back of Cudde's.

once a camera is off as a result of batteries going dead it has to be turned on manually - the new update will not allow you to turn the camera on since it has to be "on" to receive a command of any type.
that is something that would be very handy John to consider if possible to do in a future update for those of us running solar panels and not living close to cameras. Could let the solar panels charge a few days and then restart the camera.

You need to come out with a better mounting bracket for the back of Cudde's.
We have these, allows to swivel right ,left , up or down also can get better signal by mounting to the side of tree

Attachments

• Cuddelink Bracket.jpg
    Cuddelink Bracket.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 27
  • cuddelink bracket2.jpg
    cuddelink bracket2.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Cuddelink bracket3.jpg
    Cuddelink bracket3.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Cuddelink bracket4.jpg
    Cuddelink bracket4.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 23
that is something that would be very handy John to consider if possible to do in a future update for those of us running solar panels and not living close to cameras. Could let the solar panels charge a few days and then restart the camera.
this isnt something a firmware update can do- the camera is off once the batteries die, even if a panel charges the batteries the camera has to be turned on somehow to receive a command. The home unit cant get a command thru via RF if the camera is off! To turn it on you need to physically put new batteries in it and arm it or arm it on the interface when the batteries are charged.
on top of that the panel is designed to top off the batteries and keep them at a certain level not charge them back from completely dead.

this isnt something a firmware update can do- the camera is off once the batteries die, even if a panel charges the batteries the camera has to be turned on somehow to receive a command. The home unit cant get a command thru via RF if the camera is off! To turn it on you need to physically put new batteries in it and arm it or arm it on the interface when the batteries are charged.
on top of that the panel is designed to top off the batteries and keep them at a certain level not charge them back from completely dead.
Will you be able to turn "off" a runaway camera?