Cuddeback's Cuddelink

When you do a firmware update do you do it just on the k camera or do you have to do the j cameras individually as well
any firmware updates always need to be done on each camera individually

any firmware updates always need to be done on each camera individually
I'm not very tech savvy, but can it be done off 1 SD card or do I have to do each individual SD card?

I'm not very tech savvy, but can it be done off 1 SD card or do I have to do each individual SD card?
you can do all cameras with one sd card. when you download or copy the firmware off the website , there is an instructions sheet with it.

John,

I think I have read every post here and may have missed the info if its in here. Is it possible for the J's to indicate external battery source in the report? from all the posts I have read it may not be since the external runs the same voltage as the internal packs. Most of ours are switched over to the D packs ( 6 D's instead of the 12 AA) , the ones on externals are set to 9 volts and no internal batteries but they have never shown as " EXT" on the report. not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but frustrating and makes me feel as I'm setting them up improperly.

you can do all cameras with one sd card. when you download or copy the firmware off the website , there is an instructions sheet with it.
Ok thanks for the help!

I have a question about Solar for the K camera.

I have several J camera running on solar panels and recently purchased 3 DPB's for areas that weren't working well due to partial shade. I bought the Black Friday deal for two more J cams and I am sending away for the K. My question is if I buy rechargeable D batteries for the K, can I use the panel and cord I already have from the J cameras. I didn't get the K yet. Also for those of you using rechargeable D batteries what brand did you get, what size ah and how are they working out?

I used Bonai 10,000 MaH on my K with the cudde panel. Just showed low today at 65 days. I'd have to dig for today's report to see how many pics ran through it which obviously plays a big roll in longevity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

John Why would I receive an email dated 3/19/19 6:04AM? My K is not in service at present and I did not even own it on this date. Could this be from the camera I am receiving as the rebate?
I just got the same report dated the same as yours. I logged into my data plan on Cuddeback and it shows a new camera activated. Guess they will be shipping soon since the data charges start as soon as they activate the camera.

I just got the same report dated the same as yours. I logged into my data plan on Cuddeback and it shows a new camera activated. Guess they will be shipping soon since the data charges start as soon as they activate the camera.
Yeah after I posted I checked my account saw the second camera

I used Bonai 10,000 MaH on my K with the cudde panel. Just showed low today at 65 days. I'd have to dig for today's report to see how many pics ran through it which obviously plays a big roll in longevity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I was at 145 days with a home brew solar panel to a 12v battery stepped down to 9v going to my K. It was still running fine when I went to the dual power bank and a solar panel.

What rebates are you guys mentioning? I never saw anything about rebates.

If I paint my cameras to make them blend in better will it void the warranty?

I will be camo’g all of mine including antennas after season.

Last edited:
What rebates are you guys mentioning? I never saw anything about rebates.
Buy two of the new J1521 cameras and get a free K with the additional purchase of the 2000 pic a month cell plan. Total price $480

Buy two of the new J1521 cameras and get a free K with the additional purchase of the 2000 pic a month cell plan. Total price $480
Where or what website

John,

I think I have read every post here and may have missed the info if its in here. Is it possible for the J's to indicate external battery source in the report? from all the posts I have read it may not be since the external runs the same voltage as the internal packs. Most of ours are switched over to the D packs ( 6 D's instead of the 12 AA) , the ones on externals are set to 9 volts and no internal batteries but they have never shown as " EXT" on the report. not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but frustrating and makes me feel as I'm setting them up improperly.
"Ext OK" won't show due to the camera and the externals having the same voltage. This will change with the new J cameras that operate with 4 D batteries.

Where or what website
Search Cuddeback 2 pack J cameras. They are priced at 299.99 and the rebate for the K camera is inside the box.

I had to warranty a J camera that I had camo'd up. They honored the warranty. But just a fyi, they will send a brand new camera in the box to replace the one you send in. So if you send a camo camera you won't get one back.