Cuddeback's Cuddelink

"Ext OK" won't show due to the camera and the externals having the same voltage. This will change with the new J cameras that operate with 4 D batteries.
will the new firmware coming out in 2020 that will let you control cameras from phone work on the k and j cameras silver series?

"Ext OK" won't show due to the camera and the externals having the same voltage. This will change with the new J cameras that operate with 4 D batteries.
So the new D cell J series is different than hooking up the D cell pack in place of the AA pack?

So the new D cell J series is different than hooking up the D cell pack in place of the AA pack?
My understanding is they will be 6 volt like the G's, 4 D packs from factory.

My understanding is they will be 4 D's running 6 volt like the G series.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I figured they would just put the 3495 D pack on them.

I figured they would just put the 3495 D pack on them.
From what I have read it sounds like they are attempting to simplify their product line and make things interchangeable across the board as far as some accessories go. It's a welcome change for me, trying to nagivate the product list or having to double check sellers product #'s several times will be something I won't miss.

So how long are you guys getting with J cams with the dual battery bank? Are you still putting batteries in the cameras? D's? AA's?

So how long are you guys getting with J cams with the dual battery bank? Are you still putting batteries in the cameras? D's? AA's?
I don’t have mine on the DPB but I do have the D adapter on the camera and it’s hooked to the 3358 D pack and I’m still running at 119 days.

I will be camo’g all of mine including antennas after season.
I will be doing the same as long as it doesn’t void the warranty.

Search Cuddeback 2 pack J cameras. They are priced at 299.99 and the rebate for the K camera is inside the box.
Can you use these 2 J cameras with a Home unit (not cellular)?

I have two DPB’s connected to the original J series cameras that are both still showing EXT - 1. The report showed ‘OK’ when I had 12aa batteries in them so I removed the internals and just plugged the DPB in. I am fairly certain you have to be on FW 7.7 for them to work this way.

I’m very interested to see what happens when that bank drains and they fail to the second D bank.

I have one of the cell home units (no camera) and I had all my remotes on it on 11/28. On the 29th only the home showed up in the report, 30th had 1 remote, 12/1 had all of them and for the past 3 days only the home. I am thinking maybe something wrong with the home unit antenna? Any other ideas what could be causing this? Battery days on remotes are 52 days and 7 days.

I have one of the cell home units (no camera) and I had all my remotes on it on 11/28. On the 29th only the home showed up in the report, 30th had 1 remote, 12/1 had all of them and for the past 3 days only the home. I am thinking maybe something wrong with the home unit antenna? Any other ideas what could be causing this? Battery days on remotes are 52 days and 7 days.
There could be lots of things causing this...hardware failure, weather, batteries, SD card failure, signal strength/distance issues, too many pictures being taken, BATCH settings on Home, etc...the list goes on and on. However, I had the same thing happen back in October and based on my experience with a network functioning just fine for over a year and then having issues; I found that someone else locally started using the same channel. Once I changed the channel on the Home and all cameras; it all connected back up within an hour and has been functioning fine again for over a month now...your mileage may vary!

I've had some issues with 3 of my cameras. Has anyone had any luck with having them serviced? They are all G series. One has gone runaway and is taking a picture every few minutes. Another says Bat Dead no matter how many new batteries/ battery packs that I've connected it to. The third I had a bear rip the antenna off. Just a bad weekend in the woods for my system.

I have had no experience with having cameras serviced but I do have a couple of recommendations...the runaway one I would request an RMA for. The BAT DEAD one, I would remove all power...internal batteries and external connections. Then before you install the new batteries, watch the screen and make sure it goes completely blank...this can take a while but if you keep pushing buttons with all power removed, it will go a little faster. Once the screen is blank, you can then place the new batteries in and start over...be sure to check your date/time and any settings just to make sure they are still accurate. I have also gone thru many antennas, between squirrels and bears, they don't last long sometimes!...I ordered a couple of spares when I ordered my PowerHouse flash modules from Cudde.

I've had some issues with 3 of my cameras. Has anyone had any luck with having them serviced? They are all G series. One has gone runaway and is taking a picture every few minutes. Another says Bat Dead no matter how many new batteries/ battery packs that I've connected it to. The third I had a bear rip the antenna off. Just a bad weekend in the woods for my system.
I've sent 2 back. both G series runaways. Both were exchanged for new cameras quickly. I mailed one in on 11/23 and got an email yesterday that I had a package shipped. If you count weekends and the holiday that's a pretty quick turnaround.

Midway USA has the two j cameras with free cellular with annual plan deal right now. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021782248?pid=480745
This was the first time i have see the J-series with D batteries. I'm still loving my whole system. Zero issues since June.

I’m at arou
I am at about 100 days so far and going strong, I did also put AA’s in my camera.

I have had no experience with having cameras serviced but I do have a couple of recommendations...the runaway one I would request an RMA for. The BAT DEAD one, I would remove all power...internal batteries and external connections. Then before you install the new batteries, watch the screen and make sure it goes completely blank...this can take a while but if you keep pushing buttons with all power removed, it will go a little faster. Once the screen is blank, you can then place the new batteries in and start over...be sure to check your date/time and any settings just to make sure they are still accurate. I have also gone thru many antennas, between squirrels and bears, they don't last long sometimes!...I ordered a couple of spares when I ordered my PowerHouse flash modules from Cudde.
Thanks for the info! It appears that he snapped the little soldered wire connecting the antenna base to the camera itself. I imagine I will have to send that one in as well. I'll go ahead and give the bat dead one another try because you are right every time I tried a different set the message had not yet cleared.

Alright John....since I got the cameras squared away and sending pics, this has become addicting. I get up in the morning and check my texts to see what happened overnight and then waiting with anticipation for the next set of pictures every few hours.
Is there some kind of Cuddelink anonymous I should check out?

Last edited: