Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have 1 J cam but don't remember ever using a screw driver

The last two days I've had 2x cameras drop off our report. These cameras were reading OK battery levels prior to dropping, exif data shows the same. Just before the first camera dropped from the report, I changed the batch level to 10 on the cell unit. These cameras are not setup over a food source so we rarely get more than 10-15 photos in a morning report. Other than the batch count, that is the only change to the system prior to this issue. Thoughts?

1571155152946.png

The last two days I've had 2x cameras drop off our report. These cameras were reading OK battery levels prior to dropping, exif data shows the same. Just before the first camera dropped from the report, I changed the batch level to 10 on the cell unit. These cameras are not setup over a food source so we rarely get more than 10-15 photos in a morning report. Other than the batch count, that is the only change to the system prior to this issue. Thoughts?

View attachment 26713
Post the EXIF data. Let’s review it.

From the camera that did not show up this morning on the report.

MR=C.1,AD=8/17/2019,LD=57,BT=24,RD=48,LH=0,LI=294,BL=6961,BP=50%,BS=Int,BD=26,BI=471,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=SOUTH PL,LO=002,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Camera that did not show up 2 days ago.

MR=C.1,AD=9/16/2019,LD=30,BT=13,RD=22,LH=0,LI=74,BL=5377,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=29,BI=162,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=SOUTH W,LO=003,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

From the camera that did not show up this morning on the report.

MR=C.1,AD=8/17/2019,LD=57,BT=24,RD=48,LH=0,LI=294,BL=6961,BP=50%,BS=Int,BD=26,BI=471,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=SOUTH PL,LO=002,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Camera that did not show up 2 days ago.

MR=C.1,AD=9/16/2019,LD=30,BT=13,RD=22,LH=0,LI=74,BL=5377,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=29,BI=162,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=SOUTH W,LO=003,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Not exactly sure how the new Firmware 7.7 works, but from what I understand you cannot use Burst and Cell at same time. I see you have DI/NI-1. Did you change these settings ? Does DI/NI have off as an option? Not sure what switches Burst on or off. Just looked back a little. I think you turn Cuddelink mode off to use Burst. Not sure if the Adv settings matter or not.

Also, could be batteries regardless what your report shows.

Last edited:
Incase anyone else was wondering I ordered a booster pack from amazon yesterday and got it today and it did NOT have the new cable. I even went as far as speaking with a rep to assure the new cable would be in there. Tired of paying 10 extra dollars for shipping on these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent back my 3rd Camera to Cuddeback. First 2 would just take random pics and fill card and drain batteries. This last one would take pics of nothing only when it rained. And now I noticed I have another one starting to do the same thing, I soon will have all 9 of my cameras replaced at this rate. My problem is what happens when they start doing crazy things when they are out of the warranty.
The last G cam that was replaced I now can't use my 3358 cable because the plug wont fit into the camera. Seems like everything Cuddeback does is an after thought.
Im just about ready to get rid of the whole system because of this, I think its a great idea and like it when it works but I never had this many problems with any other brand cameras and its not in my back yard that I can just go mess with it, its a 4 hour drive

Just sent back my 3rd Camera to Cuddeback. First 2 would just take random pics and fill card and drain batteries. This last one would take pics of nothing only when it rained. And now I noticed I have another one starting to do the same thing, I soon will have all 9 of my cameras replaced at this rate. My problem is what happens when they start doing crazy things when they are out of the warranty.
The last G cam that was replaced I now can't use my 3358 cable because the plug wont fit into the camera. Seems like everything Cuddeback does is an after thought.
Im just about ready to get rid of the whole system because of this, I think its a great idea and like it when it works but I never had this many problems with any other brand cameras and its not in my back yard that I can just go mess with it, its a 4 hour drive
I've had the same issues with repeated pictures of nothing when it rains hard and sent a camera back for replacement. The other 2 just started working fine on their own. It seemed to subside once I put them in bear boxes although the ones Cuddeback sells for the G series are wide open on the top so I ended up screwing a plate to the top to help keep the elements off the cameras. I liken Cuddeback to Apple. You can't use anything someone else makes with them. Everyone else runs 6 or 12 volt so Cuddeback goes with 9. There are plenty of nice battery backups and solar chargers out there but you can't use them with Cuddeback because they designed everything to only work with their stuff. I'm really happy I can get a D cell battery backup that will run my cameras all season. The problem is at the end of the season I have to pitch 114 d cell batteries in the trash when Cuddeback could easily design a 12v or 6v rechargeable system to work with their cameras. And don't get me started on what cable I need to run what camera or charger.

Incase anyone else was wondering I ordered a booster pack from amazon yesterday and got it today and it did NOT have the new cable. I even went as far as speaking with a rep to assure the new cable would be in there. Tired of paying 10 extra dollars for shipping on these things.

Same here. I just left camp and drove 90 miles back home to pick a booster up that I had ordered. Naturally, it did not have the "NEW" cord.

I've had the same issues with repeated pictures of nothing when it rains hard and sent a camera back for replacement. The other 2 just started working fine on their own. It seemed to subside once I put them in bear boxes although the ones Cuddeback sells for the G series are wide open on the top so I ended up screwing a plate to the top to help keep the elements off the cameras. I liken Cuddeback to Apple. You can't use anything someone else makes with them. Everyone else runs 6 or 12 volt so Cuddeback goes with 9. There are plenty of nice battery backups and solar chargers out there but you can't use them with Cuddeback because they designed everything to only work with their stuff. I'm really happy I can get a D cell battery backup that will run my cameras all season. The problem is at the end of the season I have to pitch 114 d cell batteries in the trash when Cuddeback could easily design a 12v or 6v rechargeable system to work with their cameras. And don't get me started on what cable I need to run what camera or charger.
Is the random picture or pictures of nothing until the batteries are dead a Series G or Series J problem or both? At present I have no Gs only Js and a K and have had no problems to date. But then we have had very little rain since they were deployed.

I have them all in Bear boxes as we have bears that like to chew on them, most are from custom 1 enterprises his boxes are way better than the cheap cuddeback ones.
I feel the same way about the D cell batteries, as I feel like I throw away a lot of batteries that are not completely dead

Same here. I just left camp and drove 90 miles back home to pick a booster up that I had ordered. Naturally, it did not have the "NEW" cord.

Getting to be frustrating at this point. It’s been a couple months now. Feel like the new ones should be at major distributors like amazon by now. Cuddeback does take care of you and sends the cords for free but if you buy them directly from cuddeback it’s an additional 10 bucks for shipping and takes 3 days. Don’t mean to sound impatient but I guess amazons fast shipping has spoiled me.

Is the random picture or pictures of nothing until the batteries are dead a Series G or Series J problem or both? At present I have no Gs only Js and a K and have had no problems to date. But then we have had very little rain since they were deployed.
All G Cams, I only have 1 J camera and thats worked fine

Happens with my G series. I have 6, 1 J and 1 K. It usually goes on until it stops raining and then they’re fine again but like I said they haven’t did it since I put them in bear boxes and got them out of the rain.

I have them all in Bear boxes as we have bears that like to chew on them, most are from custom 1 enterprises his boxes are way better than the cheap cuddeback ones.
I feel the same way about the D cell batteries, as I feel like I throw away a lot of batteries that are not completely dead
My last order was to Custom 1 Enterprises. For the price difference they’re well worth it.

I've had my Cuddelink system setup for a month now. K home w/ 5 J cams. I put D cell adapters on and the 3358 booster on each. Fingers crossed, but it's been flawless thus far. Seeing way more daylight movement without me swapping cards. Would be nice to command a full rez image if desired (hard to ID bucks in thumbnails).

I've had my Cuddelink system setup for a month now. K home w/ 5 J cams. I put D cell adapters on and the 3358 booster on each. Fingers crossed, but it's been flawless thus far. Seeing way more daylight movement without me swapping cards. Would be nice to command a full rez image if desired (hard to ID bucks in thumbnails).
Full res images will eat up data fast. I have a K cam setup as a standalone with pic size at 5mp I believe. I went over my data allotment last month with minimal pics other than my 1 timelapse a day pic. They are nice though. Very clear and crisp.

Attachments

• 1571009326577_T_00001.JPG
    1571009326577_T_00001.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 27
This is the security boxes that are causing this issue combined with rain/ humid weather, the cameras don’t have anything wrong with them. I have had same problem that I tried to remedy 3 times who while in the field until my last time in to the remote property to fix the problem cameras I took 2 from my home link system that had been working without a flaw to replace the trouble ones in hopes I could figure out what was wrong with the troubled cams when I got them home. The ones that I put in the troubled spots IMMEDIATELY started having the same issue lots of blank pics til the sd was filled, thankfully I had dialed down the queue to 25 on those spots and to burst 3 so I wouldn’t get stuck again paying for blank pics. Oh and the troubled cams set up on my home system without security boxes and have not had any problems. So next time I go in I will be taking those cams and hanging them out of the boxes. What causes the cameras to have this glitch while in the security boxes I would love to know?