Cuddeback's Cuddelink

i dont think its enough to be overly concerned about it, the patented capacitor feature saves on battery usage and also insures you get a full flash regardless of battery level. There are more Leds on the powerhouse compared to the dual flash since you pick either black or IR on that model, There are other factors that will have a greater effect on battery usage than the flash module in the g/K series camera.
Can you use both ir and black Flash on dual flash models

Can you use both ir and black Flash on dual flash models
You chose one or the other in the settings based on your preferences in the situation.

You chose one or the other in the settings based on your preferences in the situation.

Is there a 56 940nm LED Flash Module for the K?

Is there a 56 940nm LED Flash Module for the K?
K is compatible with all the same flash modules as the G series , K comes standard with the Dual flash module and you can replace it with Double barrel strobe, Powerhouse IR and Powerhouse Black flash. Very simple procedure with with a screwdriver.

K is compatible with all the same flash modules as the G series , K comes standard with the Dual flash module and you can replace it with Double barrel strobe, Powerhouse IR and Powerhouse Black flash. Very simple procedure with with a screwdriver.

I’m doing a lot previewing & testing before season. I’ve bought a couple of modules, but yet to test them. IMO, Powerhouse Black Flash is better than the K- Dual Flash in either BlackFlash or IR mode.

I am looking for some advice. I amusing J series in the cuddelink network. I know the pictures sent to the home station are lower quality, but I am disappointed in what I am seeing. Does anyone have a recommendation to maximize the quality of the images? Are the images sent from G series higher quality? Thanks

Attachments

• T__00004.JPG
    T__00004.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 80
I am looking for some advice. I amusing J series in the cuddelink network. I know the pictures sent to the home station are lower quality, but I am disappointed in what I am seeing. Does anyone have a recommendation to maximize the quality of the images? Are the images sent from G series higher quality? Thanks
I’m doing a lot previewing & testing before season. I’ve bought a couple of modules, but yet to test them. IMO, Powerhouse Black Flash is better than the K- Dual Flash in either BlackFlash or IR mode.

I am really keen on previewing the IR Module with 56 850nm LED’s.

How far is that?

Check out picture on post #2,138. He used some Moultrie Flash Extenders. Pretty interesting. I wish Cuddeback would make Extender with it's exchangeable Flash Modules. As far as improving the image after the fact, you can go in your computer's Tools and adjust colors, but that's about it (I think). I have been reviewing my pictures on my brothers very old laptop, which limits the resolution also. Pictures from SD card were not much better, if at all, than the thumbnail. I think they look better on my IphoneX than his computer. Did you view your picture from SD card? You can lower your delay and/or set your Night Image (Burst) to 3-4. You should get several more pictures of deer as he walks through the stronger sections of light.

It appears to me that you camera is elevated which greatly limits the length and width of flash also.

With comparable flash, the images are about the same on the G's. The IR Flash with 56-850 led's will have more brightness.

Last edited:
What setting do you have you distance set at? Field, far(I think) or close?

What setting do you have you distance set at? Field, far(I think) or close?
I have it set to far. And another person asked the distance, it could be 20 to 25 yards.

I have it set to far. And another person asked the distance, it could be 20 to 25 yards.

20-25 yards is extremely far for a trail camera.

I have 3 Powerhouse Blackflash camera's all set close to identical and one is subdued or diffused looking just like your pic. I sent picture to CS and I will let you know what they suggest. Do your other cameras look the same?

PS, you better get an external battery pack for the J's.

I'm guessing they are closer to 15 yds, which is still very far. If I had to pick a cuddelink cam to put on a field edge I would choose the double barrel G-5086 or the Powerhouse G-5062. As far as the cuddelink image quality goes, that is standard across the models. The only thing you can improve would be the flash range and the "close, far, or field" setting. I personally setup my cuddelinks for 15-25' max distance and find I can ID most bucks.

Hey Bpressley, any field pics from those extenders? I just ordered 2 of the 940’s.

John, I have went through two sets of batteries on the K camera now. The report however has never showed the batteries being low. Is there any way to fix this?

John, I have went through two sets of batteries on the K camera now. The report however has never showed the batteries being low. Is there any way to fix this?
How many days are you getting?

How many days are you getting?
First set I got 16 days with 957 pictures and second set I got 19 days with 2628 pictures.

I do have the camera set up on supplemental feed. However, the camera isn’t actually taking that many pictures. It takes half of what it reports. If the camera takes 1 picture it will count it as 2 on the report.

First set I got 16 days with 957 pictures and second set I got 19 days with 2628 pictures.

I do have the camera set up on supplemental feed. However, the camera isn’t actually taking that many pictures. It takes half of what it reports. If the camera takes 1 picture it will count it as 2 on the report.
I’m on day 39 and right around 1000 pictures. I have 4 remotes and don’t use the dual cell for taking pictures. Just as a cell to send them. Really curious if mine will go to battery low.