Cuddeback's Cuddelink

If you’re in an area that zero signal, at least you would still have a camera. Would not be a total loss of money.
this is true , but you would be money ahead to buy the g series at that point and not purchase a cell plan , unless you are moving your dual cell from one area to another during the season for some reason and one of those areas doesnt have service.. Keep in mind any cuddelink camera J, G, K can be configured as a home unit that doesnt transmit via cell. The k is the only model that needs a plan to arm.

this is true , but you would be money ahead to buy the g series at that point and not purchase a cell plan , unless you are moving your dual cell from one area to another during the season for some reason and one of those areas doesnt have service.. Keep in mind any cuddelink camera J, G, K can be configured as a home unit that doesnt transmit via cell. The k is the only model that needs a plan to arm.

My point is: buy a K, activate it, arm it, put it in the woods and find out you have no service, cancel plan and still have an fully functional armed G like camera. That is, if it doesn’t take a cell signal to dis-arm it.

My point is: buy a K, activate it, arm it, put it in the woods and find out you have no service, cancel plan and still have an fully functional armed G like camera. That is, if it doesn’t take a cell signal to dis-arm it.
when you cancel the plan the K will not arm or function as a camera until you reactivate the plan. One would want to insure you have cell service in at least one spot on the property where you will be using it. A good way to determine cell service is to go there with your personal cell phone and if you can download images via text or email it will likely have service that the dual cell can work with. The next and final step would be to run a CC test on th eK once you have your plan activated.

when you cancel the plan the K will not arm or function as a camera until you reactivate the plan. One would want to insure you have cell service in at least one spot on the property where you will be using it. A good way to determine cell service is to go there with your personal cell phone and if you can download images via text or email it will likely have service that the dual cell can work with. The next and final step would be to run a CC test on th eK once you have your plan activated.

It was just a hypothetical question. I’m guessing even if it did require a cell signal to dis-arm it, it would only work temporarily, as sooner or later you have to change cards or batteries and then have to re-arm it which requires a signal.

Thanks John

Please, no App! I like email.

If I have a J series with the D cell battery pack can I use the 3358 booster with it? Do I have to have NiMH batteries in the camera with this setup or can I use alkalines?

If I have a J series with the D cell battery pack can I use the 3358 booster with it? Do I have to have NiMH batteries in the camera with this setup or can I use alkalines?
you can run it this way once the adapter cords are in stock, but it wont plug into it without the adapter cord, and the camera will drain all of them at the same time since the voltage will be the same, you will get longer life but you wont get the EXT low warning etc. This is not what that booster was designed for but it will work. you would want alkaline in the 3358.

Please, no App! I like email.

LMAO, There’s no “One Size Fits All”.
Ford vs Chevy/ Apple vs Galaxy/Too much salt- not enough!

LMAO, There’s no “One Size Fits All”.
Ford vs Chevy/ Apple vs Galaxy/Too much salt- not enough!

I dont see why you couldn't have it both ways. An app to control camera settings, delete pics, ect. You could still have the pics emailed or texted

you can run it this way once the adapter cords are in stock, but it wont plug into it without the adapter cord, and the camera will drain all of them at the same time since the voltage will be the same, you will get longer life but you wont get the EXT low warning etc. This is not what that booster was designed for but it will work. you would want alkaline in the 3358.
Is the plug different on the D cell battery pack than the AA that comes on the J series?

Is the plug different on the D cell battery pack than the AA that comes on the J series?
No it should be the same size. It's also the same size as the new K series.

no, the same and as BP said same as the K this is why we are going to start shipping the 3358 and the dual power bank with both cords, so they will both work on every model of cuddelink.

Last night I had another camera start taking pictures once a minute for no reason. This is the 2nd camera I've had do this and I had to have the other replaced under warranty. This appears to be an issue with the G series as others have complained about it happening to them. It's frustrating because it might run fine for another 2 weeks and then do it again or it might be 2 days. On top of that camera having the issue my K series had to email out 9 batches of nothing and the camera in the woods still has 91 pictures in queue to send so that'll be eating some battery life for no reason. The attachment shows the camera labeled Trish Stand took 183 pictures and still has 91 to send.

Attachments

• Cell.JPG
    Cell.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 25
I dont see why you couldn't have it both ways. An app to control camera settings, delete pics, ect. You could still have the pics emailed or texted

Yep there are cell companies out right now that do this. Have an app and also still send email. Best of both worlds.

there are a few retailers that have some solar panels left. i can give you some names if you would like, just PM me. To use the solar panel with he K series you will need to purchase low discharge rechargeable D batteries.
one other note , if you go with the 3358 booster with adapter cord it will extend the battery life but since both the camera and the externals are 6d's both the externals and the internals will draw down at same time. The Dual power bank is set up to run on one bay of 6 and then switch to the other bay when the first gets to low, you can also use solar on one bay of the dual power bank.
Which solar panel do you use with K series cell? Also, what will provide better life- 1. Kseries cell with solar panel, or 2. Kseries cell with the soon to be available dual bank system? Thanks and sorry if this has been covered but I didn’t see it. Lot of good info on this site...first post.

Looks like they are still having a lot of issues with these cameras

Which solar panel do you use with K series cell? Also, what will provide better life- 1. Kseries cell with solar panel, or 2. Kseries cell with the soon to be available dual bank system? Thanks and sorry if this has been covered but I didn’t see it. Lot of good info on this site...first post.
You could run solar with the dual bank and also have alkaline in there too.

Would I use NiMH in the camera or alkaline? Or does it matter? The port on a J series is a charging port isn't it?

Last night I had another camera start taking pictures once a minute for no reason. This is the 2nd camera I've had do this and I had to have the other replaced under warranty. This appears to be an issue with the G series as others have complained about it happening to them. It's frustrating because it might run fine for another 2 weeks and then do it again or it might be 2 days. On top of that camera having the issue my K series had to email out 9 batches of nothing and the camera in the woods still has 91 pictures in queue to send so that'll be eating some battery life for no reason. The attachment shows the camera labeled Trish Stand took 183 pictures and still has 91 to send.
I have had 3 do this all during November and December all with external packs. Completely backlogged the network for 5 days until they killed the batteries. Cuddeback replaced everyone of them all i had to do was pay shipping. The last cam the cs person made me verify the time lapse wasn't on. As she was having me scroll though settings I just laughed and said time lapse is off if that is what you are checking. They were very friendly and it was quick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have had 3 do this all during November and December all with external packs. Completely backlogged the network for 5 days until they killed the batteries. Cuddeback replaced everyone of them all i had to do was pay shipping. The last cam the cs person made me verify the time lapse wasn't on. As she was having me scroll though settings I just laughed and said time lapse is off if that is what you are checking. They were very friendly and it was quick.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It’s not just a Cudde problem.

https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/57972-thousands-of-pictures-help/

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234878