Cuddeback's Cuddelink

if any of the members of the forum live in wi, and want some hands on experience with Cuddelink or have questions ill be at farmstead archery in sheboygan wi this thursday july 18th at 630pm, they are doing some giveaways and will have everything on hand to check out. Ill also be in west bend at Deer fest in a booth aug 2 -4th.

Needing some advice, I just purchased a (1) CuddeLink Dual Cell camera with the thoughts on expanding. Can I purchase additional Dual Cell’s but just use their CuddeLink? The reason I’m asking a Dual Cell is $199 and most G Series are $270 with J-series around $188. Seems like best deal is Dual Cell @ $199.
Also any updates on a Cuddesafe for Dual Cell?
Thanks for the help

Needing some advice, I just purchased a (1) CuddeLink Dual Cell camera with the thoughts on expanding. Can I purchase additional Dual Cell’s but just use their CuddeLink? The reason I’m asking a Dual Cell is $199 and most G Series are $270 with J-series around $188. Seems like best deal is Dual Cell @ $199.
Thanks for the help
No you can’t use multiple dual cells on the same plan, only one per plan , the dual cell is sold at a discounted cost with the idea of getting people to try the system. Also the dual cell needs an active plan to operate , without an active plan it won’t arm. The dual cell is our $400 camera sold at $200. You can run multiple dual cells but each one would need a plan .

Last edited:
No you can’t use multiple dual cells on the same plan, only one per plan , the dual cell is sold at a discounted cost with the idea of getting people to try the system. Also the dual cell needs an active plan to operate , without an active plan it won’t arm. The dual cell is our $400 camera sold at $200. You can run multiple dual cells. It each one would need a plan .
Thanks for the help
Safes for the dual cell won’t be available until later this fall .

It has been flooding (5+ inches) for the last 2-3 days. I will be able to tell you for sure how well my new Cudde's are waterproof. The only vulnerable areas I see are the lenses. I can move the PIR lens around fairly easily. It appears to be an o-ring gasket. If cam is tilted up a little, rain may seep in there if water sits on the lip of the case. I doubt it, but maybe.

I got 200+ pics last night. Some looked as if lens were fogged up. Most likely from rain running down the camera. At 7:20pm, the camera IR filter shifted back and forth for several pics. I am assuming it was the dark clouds that came and went and no clear transition from day to night. It may have been water running down outside of lens diffusing the light hitting the sensor. Time will tell.

I worry more about ambient temperature than water. 98/99 degrees & heat index over 110 degrees several days.

If you think a Cudde can be submersed in shitty flood water and survive, you are mistaken. Unfortunately, I lost 2 this spring in areas I never expected to see water. Heat, on the other hand has caused no issues.

IMO I think cudde did the dual cell incorrectly, I won’t say wrong because it’s not wrong. I get what they’re doing. It would have been great to give the option to implement them into an existing CL network without having to pay a plan. This would have given the user all the same functionality as existing CL cams but then give the user the option to pull the camera out of the network later if they find a spot where full Rez images would be a better option and pay a solo cell plan.

For instance I have 3 normal cell cams that I have individual cell plans for over food plots. Each running on older network specs that will change shortly or won’t be around. I’d be more inclined to buy the dual cell and put it into my existing network first to see if full Rez images are required if not, great I have the option to do it later if I cared. If I needed the resolution better i just pay the cell plan.

However under the current conditions. I’ll probably still will continue to look for other cell cams and features for the replacements of those 3 which probably won’t be cuddebacks. Nothing against the system it’s a great system and use it at stand locations and small plots. Just need to have better Rez in certain areas ultimately and if I have to buy a stand alone cell cam, there are other players in the game.

IMO I think cudde did the dual cell incorrectly, I won’t say wrong because it’s not wrong. I get what they’re doing. It would have been great to give the option to implement them into an existing CL network without having to pay a plan. This would have given the user all the same functionality as existing CL cams but then give the user the option to pull the camera out of the network later if they find a spot where full Rez images would be a better option and pay a solo cell plan.

For instance I have 3 normal cell cams that I have individual cell plans for over food plots. Each running on older network specs that will change shortly or won’t be around. I’d be more inclined to buy the dual cell and put it into my existing network first to see if full Rez images are required if not, great I have the option to do it later if I cared. If I needed the resolution better i just pay the cell plan.

However under the current conditions. I’ll probably still will continue to look for other cell cams and features for the replacements of those 3 which probably won’t be cuddebacks. Nothing against the system it’s a great system and use it at stand locations and small plots. Just need to have better Rez in certain areas ultimately and if I have to buy a stand alone cell cam, there are other players in the game.
im a bit confused by what your goal is here with trying the Dual cell in an existing network. The images on the dual cell are the same as the g series , its the same camera in a different housing , you can set image size for 5 mp , 1 mp or thumbnail when in solo mode. We can make the dual cell in an unlocked version but the retail will be $400 instead of $200. We had zero retailers order them in the unlocked version. IMO there isnt a stand alone cell camera with the same features as the dual cell under $200 most are in the $350-400 range. If we sold the Dual cell for $200 without the requirement of a plan we would lose money on every single one that wasnt used with a plan and it would eliminate the need for the G Series completely. Who would buy the G series for $250-$300 each when they can buy a dual cell @ $200? The entire purpose of bringing the Dual cell out at $200 was to allow the most versatility and adaptability to the consumer and let them dip their toe into the cell market with low risk and the ability to expand their camera network on a property and grow it as slow or fast as they desire with only one cell plan.
as far as the other players in the game, what other brand has a combo of features and price that are more desirable to you than the dual cell, im asking for your feedback so we can make ours better.

Last edited:
Too me, if I’m buying a stand alone cell camera, I want the use of an app, not email. I want to be able to control the camera settings too. Cuddeback doesn’t allow this, probably never will. Which is cool, nothing against it. Stealth cams and the higher priced Spartans have superior picture quality over cuddeback and both have very comparable data plans. Stealth cams can be had cheaper than dual cell with a functioning app and i’d Being willing to pay extra for spartan due to picture quality and app. In all honesty the night images from cuddeback good not great and the others are better.

What I really hate as a consumer, is going to a store and seeing both the dual cell and the J series cam for the same price, knowing that if I have to integrate into my current system, I have to go with the inferior product being the J series. As consumers there should be more flexibility in the system. Like I stated before you guys didn’t get it wrong... wish was done differently, that’s all.

im a bit confused by what your goal is here with trying the Dual cell in an existing network. The images on the dual cell are the same as the g series , its the same camera in a different housing , you can set image size for 5 mp , 1 mp or thumbnail when in solo mode. We can make the dual cell in an unlocked version but the retail will be $400 instead of $200, we had zero retailers order them in the unlocked version. IMO there isnt a stand alone cell camera with the same features as the dual cell under $200 most are in the $350-400 range. If we sold the Dual cell for $200 without the requirement of a plan we would lose money on every single one that wasnt used with a plan.

Here’s the way I look at it. Buy 1 cell camera and a separate plan $15/mo for your scouting camera. That’s $15 DOLLAR’s a month! My friends said they are going to all Cell cams and the heck with the Linking altogether!

I do not think you can beat it. (yet)

Too me, if I’m buying a stand alone cell camera, I want the use of an app, not email. I want to be able to control the camera settings too. Cuddeback doesn’t allow this, probably never will. Which is cool, nothing against it. Stealth cams and the higher priced Spartans have superior picture quality over cuddeback and both have very comparable data plans. Stealth cams can be had cheaper than dual cell with a functioning app and i’d Being willing to pay extra for spartan due to picture quality and app. In all honesty the night images from cuddeback good not great and the others are better.

What I really hate as a consumer, is going to a store and seeing both the dual cell and the J series cam for the same price, knowing that if I have to integrate into my current system, I have to go with the inferior product being the J series. As consumers there should be more flexibility in the system. Like I stated before you guys didn’t get it wrong... wish was done differently, that’s all.

what do you specifically like about an app over having the images texted or emailed (or both)? what does stealth cams app provide that is desired or needed? dont be so sure on Cudde never being able to control the cameras remotely :emoji_wink:
one reason we are currently staying away from app based is the fear of downtime to the users, several camera manufacturers had nightmarish instances with downtime on apps last year. We had ZERO down time last year.

what do you specifically like about an app over having the images texted or emailed (or both)? what does stealth cams app provide that is desired or needed? dont be so sure on Cudde never being able to control the cameras remotely :emoji_wink:
one reason we are currently staying away from app based is the fear of downtime to the users, several camera manufacturers had nightmarish instances with downtime on apps last year. We had ZERO down time last year.

The app is just more organized in my opinion. Especially with multiply cams. But your right about the downtime part for sure.

I agree with some way of controlling the camera settings remotely. Maybe also sending pics on command through the website/app. What platform it is on doesn’t really matter to me. I would also like to see some of the bulk reduced on the cameras. The size of the older long range IR cameras are perfect. I still use 5 of those cameras. One other thing I would like to see is being able to lock the camera with one lock using the genious mount.

So if I wanted to add a camera to my mix, and I currently have the older cell home (with no camera), probably cheapest to add the new cell home with a camera and then cancel the old plan. Right?

So if I wanted to add a camera to my mix, and I currently have the older cell home (with no camera), probably cheapest to add the new cell home with a camera and then cancel the old plan. Right?
Here are the pros and cons for your situation -
Current cell home
1. Pro- Isn’t “locked” can be used as a home without the plan active , and can also be used as a repeater in a network
2. Con- does not have a camera which limits you currently to a max of 15 cameras in your network.
Dual cell
1. Pro -adds another camera to your network allowing you to max out at 16
2. Pro - gives you another high quality camera with the ability to add powerhouse flash module to it .
3. Pro 6 d offer better battery life internally
4. Con- needs cell plan to be operational( will arm when plan is reactivated at anytime)

John,
Does the Dual Cell stop functioning when cellular signal is lost?

John,
Does the Dual Cell stop functioning when cellular signal is lost?
As in receiving images from the remotes? - no it will continue to receive. once it’s armed it stays armed or has the ability to be armed until the plan is deactivated.

As in receiving images from the remotes? - no it will continue to receive. once it’s armed it stays armed or has the ability to be armed until the plan is deactivated.

So, what is there to prevent a person from activating & arming with a signal and putting it spot with no signal and just use it as a camera?

So, what is there to prevent a person from activating & arming with a signal and putting it spot with no signal and just use it as a camera?
nothing is preventing someone from doing that but why would they want to pay for a cell plan and not have the images sent via cell network to them?

nothing is preventing someone from doing that but why would they want to pay for a cell plan and not have the images sent via cell network to them?

If you’re in an area that zero signal, at least you would still have a camera. Would not be a total loss of money.