Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Where do you pull the metadata off of a pic?

Where do you pull the metadata off of a pic?
If you have a windows machine you right click an image icon and select Properties -> Details... the long string of camera parameter settings is in the Comments field.

On the bottom left of pictures, mine shows a clock that indicates that the picture is a Time Lapsed. I do not see the icon on your picture.

I also see on that there was 75% battery on this pic. Was this the last pic before it went dead?
No, i received 3 more emails after that picture totaling 33 pictures. Here was my last picture. A3E5A750-1A96-42B4-AB64-CAB4B083B4F1.jpeg

A
I

I don’t know what any of that means lol.
An important thing to note! The battery % is, at best, just close. It’s just an approximation. It’s like a car’s fuel gauge.
No, i received 3 more emails after that picture totaling 33 pictures. Here was my last picture. View attachment 25202

Not much difference in report. Still showing BP 75%. Camera died after this picture?

Something is wrong... a 9 volt, 6 D-cell camera won't die with 8.5 volts still on it!! Those batteries were just getting warmed up! What did the last picture from the previous set of batteries show for voltage??

Something is wrong... a 9 volt, 6 D-cell camera won't die with 8.5 volts still on it!! Those batteries were just getting warmed up! What did the last picture from the previous set of batteries show for voltage??

Last pic he sent.

D=6/13/2019,LD=39,BT=11,RD=38,LH=449,LI=1693,BL=8510,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=18,BI=5031,CF=Disabled,IR=100%MAX,WL=850nm,EX=Centered,LO=001,SM=ADV,DD=2min,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=2min,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Good thinking. I think this is the last pic from the previous run of batteries.
72D60695-1F32-4FB2-B9E9-C0612F4F6BBE.jpeg

MR=C.1,AD=6/13/2019,LD=16,BT=10,RD=15,LH=0,LI=432,BL=8380,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=16,BI=1683,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,LO=001,SM=ADV,DD=1min,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=1min,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Same thing on the first set of batteries... died at 8.3 volts!!! No way is that an expected result! They should get down around 7.2 volts before they even think of cratering.

MR=C.1,AD=6/13/2019,LD=16,BT=10,RD=15,LH=0,LI=432,BL=8380,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=16,BI=1683,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,LO=001,SM=ADV,DD=1min,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=1min,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Same thing on the first set of batteries... died at 8.3 volts!!! No way is that an expected result! They should get down around 7.2 volts before they even think of cratering.

I’m not familiar with batteries consumption/usuage but that seems wrong. Maybe John can chime in to see if this is normal or if there is something wrong with the camera.

Good Evening, This is my first time posting, please let me know if need to do anything different. I have a cuddelink home and 6 Black Flash 20MP Model G Series. Using for security/trailcams on property that is an hour away. Spent a fortune on batteries, changed some settings per support. Got better but still had issues with battery life. Had 3 cameras that decided to take pictures almost every minute. Support offered suggestions, no go, RMA and were replaced. But cost several more $ in batteries. Just had a camera and solar battery pack replaced under warranty due to ant infestation. Purchased solar panels hoping to get several months like I've read about. But now after a period of rainy days the report is not showing Ext OK on 3 of 4 panels. The one showing Ext OK is the RMA'd one I charged before rehanging.

Work throughout the week so getting live support on the weekend no go. I am trying to be optimistic but now with solar recharge batteries apparently failing and replacing batteries in the cameras cause they died. More $.

Anyway, solar battery pack has original batteries that came with. Should they recharge on their own? To have to go get, plug in, recharge, may be the last straw. I've read where others have purchased other model of AA rechargeable but feel batteries that are sold with should be functional and not have to be replaced.

I know lots of info let me know if need further info. September will be 1 year we've been using.

Thank-you
Dedra

I’m on day 39 and right around 1000 pictures. I have 4 remotes and don’t use the dual cell for taking pictures. Just as a cell to send them. Really curious if mine will go to battery low.
Let me know if it does. Mine never did, it just went from battery ok to no reports.

I’m going to try this same setup with the dual battery pack when it comes out. If the battery usage isn’t substantially better I will likely place the cell cam on a scrape and use a different camera on the supplemental feed that way if that camera dies i will still get pictures from the other cameras.
I experienced the same thing with the g series get a battery booster it will solve your problems. Then you have about 30 days once it flips to internals. Before the boosters 15 to 45 days was the norm on battery life.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rooster, what kind of batteries are you using?

Fred, not that it matters in this case, but I thought the BL was % of capacity. Voltage and Current are proportional per Ohm’s

View attachment 25204
Energizer batteries. I would think there is something wrong if it’s dying with 75% battery life, plus I’m not getting a battery low on the report. Even if that number is approximate it’s still extremely high to be dying.

Energizer batteries. I would think there is something wrong if it’s dying with 75% battery life, plus I’m not getting a battery low on the report. Even if that number is approximate it’s still extremely high to be dying.

Lots of blanks need to be filled in to even begin to start troubleshooting.

I am assuming Energizer Alkaline’s and not Energizer Rechargable’s or Energizer Lithium’s? Both have of the latter have a discharge profile that drops off just like this.

Did you,or can you, check the end voltage on those batteries?

Do you have remotes linked to this K? BI=5031 (image equivalency) in 18days is a lot of pictures.

What Image Size (SD card) do you have it set on?

Any word on when the firmware for the usb will be in place for the home unit

Good Evening, This is my first time posting, please let me know if need to do anything different. I have a cuddelink home and 6 Black Flash 20MP Model G Series. Using for security/trailcams on property that is an hour away. Spent a fortune on batteries, changed some settings per support. Got better but still had issues with battery life. Had 3 cameras that decided to take pictures almost every minute. Support offered suggestions, no go, RMA and were replaced. But cost several more $ in batteries. Just had a camera and solar battery pack replaced under warranty due to ant infestation. Purchased solar panels hoping to get several months like I've read about. But now after a period of rainy days the report is not showing Ext OK on 3 of 4 panels. The one showing Ext OK is the RMA'd one I charged before rehanging.

Work throughout the week so getting live support on the weekend no go. I am trying to be optimistic but now with solar recharge batteries apparently failing and replacing batteries in the cameras cause they died. More $.

Anyway, solar battery pack has original batteries that came with. Should they recharge on their own? To have to go get, plug in, recharge, may be the last straw. I've read where others have purchased other model of AA rechargeable but feel batteries that are sold with should be functional and not have to be replaced.

I know lots of info let me know if need further info. September will be 1 year we've been using.

Thank-you
Dedra
its VERY important that all of your rechargeable batteries are fully charged before deploying them in the field with the solar panel. Even one bad battery will cause issues. The solar panel basically continually tops them off its not designed to bring them back from dead. Even though you purchased the solar kit new, there are no guarantee the batteries were shipped fully charged. The are low self discharge batteries but again that doesnt guarantee it. Cuddeback includes a charging cord but a better option that i recommend is to purchase a 12-16 bay charger from Tenergy(about $30) that allows you to fully charge each battery before deploying them in the field if you are using multiple solar kits in your network. Rechargeables are right on the cusp of adequate voltage even when fully charged, so if they are a tad low out of the gate you wont get the battery life you desire.

Thanks for all the responses.

Camera without solar panel: MR=C.1,AD=6/16/2019,LD=38,BT=21,RD=37,LH=0,LI=194,BL=5102,BP=25%,BS=Int,BD=1,BI=6,CF=Disabled,IR=Indoors,WL=940nm,EX=Centered,ID=XXXXX,LO=008,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Camera with solar not showing as active:
MR=C.1,AD=9/13/2018,LD=196,BT=37,RD=106,LH=851,LI=59963,BL=5446,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=1,BI=25,CF=Disabled,IR=Indoors,WL=850nm,EX=Centered,ID=XXX,LO=002,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Cameara with solar active:
MR=C.1,AD=6/9/2019,LD=45,BT=22,RD=44,LH=0,LI=267,BL=7371,BP=25%,BS=Ext,BD=22,BI=702,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=XXX,LO=005,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=2,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=2,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

The solar battery packs were plugged in and charged as suggested before placing in service. (Didn't not test each battery with tester) Report showed Ext OK until our recent period of rainy days. Guess I will have to bite the bullet, take down, plug in and recharge but test batteries first before deploying. What is disappointing is a lot of the suggestions are buy more accessories, even from Cuddeback, such as the battery booster. Seems to me like Camera should have come with a the booster with as many users having battery issues.

Thanks for all the responses.

Camera without solar panel: MR=C.1,AD=6/16/2019,LD=38,BT=21,RD=37,LH=0,LI=194,BL=5102,BP=25%,BS=Int,BD=1,BI=6,CF=Disabled,IR=Indoors,WL=940nm,EX=Centered,ID=XXXXX,LO=008,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Camera with solar not showing as active:
MR=C.1,AD=9/13/2018,LD=196,BT=37,RD=106,LH=851,LI=59963,BL=5446,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=1,BI=25,CF=Disabled,IR=Indoors,WL=850nm,EX=Centered,ID=XXX,LO=002,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Cameara with solar active:
MR=C.1,AD=6/9/2019,LD=45,BT=22,RD=44,LH=0,LI=267,BL=7371,BP=25%,BS=Ext,BD=22,BI=702,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=XXX,LO=005,SM=ADV,DD=5sec,DI=2,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=2,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

The solar battery packs were plugged in and charged as suggested before placing in service. (Didn't not test each battery with tester) Report showed Ext OK until our recent period of rainy days. Guess I will have to bite the bullet, take down, plug in and recharge but test batteries first before deploying. What is disappointing is a lot of the suggestions are buy more accessories, even from Cuddeback, such as the battery booster. Seems to me like Camera should have come with a the booster with as many users having battery issues.

I think you have some bad batteries. NiMh batteries are finicky charging. What brand charger are you using?

Charger that came with the Solar kit from Cuddeback

Charger that came with the Solar kit from Cuddeback

Put in some Alkalines and run a test batch.
Buy a cheap multi-meter and check voltage at the moment you put them in camera.
Or buy new batch of Rechargables.

IMO, NiMh are a royal PITA. Very finicky how they are charged.