Cuddeback's Cuddelink

if anyone is attending the Green bay, WI hunting expo today , ill be there talking cameras in a cuddeback booth connected to one of my dealers Lena swamp archery. Stop by and say hello!

if anyone is attending the Green bay, WI hunting expo today , ill be there talking cameras in a cuddeback booth connected to one of my dealers Lena swamp archery. Stop by and say hello!

John,

For the J series camera, if I understand correctly, currently there is no way to the a 3495 booster pack and used the normal internal batteries as a back-up like I do with the G series cameras and the 3358 booster pack? Is that correct?

John,

For the J series camera, if I understand correctly, currently there is no way to the a 3495 booster pack and used the normal internal batteries as a back-up like I do with the G series cameras and the 3358 booster pack? Is that correct?
the 3495 d battery pack replaces the aa pack that is on the the j camera , so you have to use one or the other , you cant use them both at the same time.
The new Dual power bank that is coming out later this year will allow you to do as you describe although you probably wont need the batteries in the camera when using it since it will last so long.

Do you know when the dual power bank will be released? I want to buy 4 J series cameras, but am reluctant based on the experiences I am hearing with battery issues, until I have a solution for batteries like the dual powerbank. Can I still get the 3358 booster pack for the G series cameras if I buy them instead?

Do you know when the dual power bank will be released? I want to buy 4 J series cameras, but am reluctant based on the experiences I am hearing with battery issues, until I have a solution for batteries like the dual powerbank. Can I still get the 3358 booster pack for the G series cameras if I buy them instead?
3358 is available now, the dual power bank is scheduled for early summer either one of these will work with the current G's. The dual power bank will work with all cuddelink cameras or home units.

Yesterday I got my daily camera report and all my cameras and units were showing OK on battery. Then today on my report it also showed that all were OK, but if you looked at the report from the previous day, the battery on my home unit was now showing Low! I got image batches at 4:00, 6:00, and 8:00 and have not received any since. I am guessing my home is dead. Have any of y'all ever had this happen in your reports?

Here is yesterday's report:
PBwcGFw.jpg

And here is today's:
bTNTSQ7.jpg

Any ideas?

Probably so. I've had cameras that say "OK" to them being off the report the next day with dead batteries. I've never had a home unit die in 21 days. I also have mine set to "Batch 30". I have the external pack on my home unit now, I'm at 108 days on my home unit and it's still on the external pack, hasn't switched to the internal batteries yet.

Yesterday I got my daily camera report and all my cameras and units were showing OK on battery. Then today on my report it also showed that all were OK, but if you looked at the report from the previous day, the battery on my home unit was now showing Low! I got image batches at 4:00, 6:00, and 8:00 and have not received any since. I am guessing my home is dead. Have any of y'all ever had this happen in your reports?

PBwcGFw.jpg

And here is today's:
bTNTSQ7.jpg

Any ideas?
I've had the same thing happen. I'm going to have to get the external power pack to get more than around 20 days.
Change your batteries and enjoy all the pictures for another 20 something days.

I've had the same thing happen. I'm going to have to get the external power pack to get more than around 20 days.
Change your batteries and enjoy all the pictures for another 20 something days.

Yep, I ordered the Cuddepower this afternoon. I should have just done that a couple of months ago.

Yep, I ordered the Cuddepower this afternoon. I should have just done that a couple of months ago.

I don't think the Cuddepower is out yet, is it? I'm waiting for the AC transformer for my home, since it's at the house with power.

PBwcGFw.jpg

And here is today's:
bTNTSQ7.jpg

Any ideas?
voltage on your batteries can go up and down slightly from day to day , especially during cold temps and especially when you are only running the 4 internal batteries. As the voltage goes up and down slightly the camera reads the voltage and either reports ok or low. Adding a battery booster to your home will make a big difference in both battery life but also in economics regarding purchasing batteries , when you string them together you will get longer life on each indvidual battery. You will actual SAVE $ on batteries when using a booster.
You also should update your firmware when you get time, your remotes are several versions behind and your home is also behind.

I don't think the Cuddepower is out yet, is it? I'm waiting for the AC transformer for my home, since it's at the house with power.
Cuddepower battery booster that works with the home units or any G camera is available now. The new dual power bank wont be out til this summer.

voltage on your batteries can go up and down slightly from day to day , especially during cold temps and especially when you are only running the 4 internal batteries. As the voltage goes up and down slightly the camera reads the voltage and either reports ok or low. Adding a battery booster to your home will make a big difference in both battery life but also in economics regarding purchasing batteries , when you string them together you will get longer life on each indvidual battery. You will actual SAVE $ on batteries when using a booster.
You also should update your firmware when you get time, your remotes are several versions behind and your home is also behind.

Gotcha, that sounds good. My Cuddepower should be here tomorrow. I'm going to hook it up on my cell home this weekend and I'll try to update the firmware then too. I've never done that so I'll do some reading on that process. Thanks for the info John.

Gotcha, that sounds good. My Cuddepower should be here tomorrow. I'm going to hook it up on my cell home this weekend and I'll try to update the firmware then too. I've never done that so I'll do some reading on that process. Thanks for the info John.
You and call cuddeback CS and they will send it to you, and you can download it to sd card and download it to your units.

3358 is available now, the dual power bank is scheduled for early summer either one of these will work with the current G's. The dual power bank will work with all cuddelink cameras or home units.
Will the new 3358 dual power bank fit in the J safety box?

I just bought the home unit and this is my plan. What’s the input for the home unit/plug size? Which ac transformer did you buy?

Will the new 3358 dual power bank fit in the J safety box?
No it will not, the cost of the safe is almost the same as the dual power bank

I just bought the home unit and this is my plan. What’s the input for the home unit/plug size? Which ac transformer did you buy?

I am waiting on the one that Cuddeback is suppose to release. I almost pulled the trigger on an aftermarket, but didn't. I just looked and my home is on 128 days on the external, and it's still OK. I could live with that, wish I could get the J cams better. 4 of the 5 dropped out between 35-40 days. One is still going strong at 88, and I don't know why.

I am waiting on the one that Cuddeback is suppose to release. I almost pulled the trigger on an aftermarket, but didn't. I just looked and my home is on 128 days on the external, and it's still OK. I could live with that, wish I could get the J cams better. 4 of the 5 dropped out between 35-40 days. One is still going strong at 88, and I don't know why.
Are you using a external power pack on your J cams.

What brand batteries are you using?