Cuddeback's Cuddelink

No it will not, the cost of the safe is almost the same as the dual power bank
Ok will the external pack that is now available still be made after the dual pack comes out?

Ok will the external pack that is now available still be made after the dual pack comes out?
once the dual power bank is available we will transition out of the Cuddepower pack and sell the remaining inventory since there wont be a need for it. The J d battery pack will remain for some time. Once the Dual power bank is in place it will be the best option for long battery life on all cuddelink Cell units and cameras. The dual power bank will have double the life (or more) of the current cuddepower unit.

What brand batteries are you using?

I tried Rayovac as Cudde recommended and also Duracell. I wonder if some of the problem is the "D" cell. Who the hell uses D cell batteries anymore, I'm starting to wonder if they are crap from sitting on a shelf forever. In MO at the farm the closest Walmart is 40 miles, so I buy them places that probably aren't always fresh.

I tried Rayovac as Cudde recommended and also Duracell. I wonder if some of the problem is the "D" cell. Who the hell uses D cell batteries anymore, I'm starting to wonder if they are crap from sitting on a shelf forever. In MO at the farm the closest Walmart is 40 miles, so I buy them places that probably aren't always fresh.
Old/bad batteries can be a concern, although i had a customer that bought a batch of energizers from home depot and none of them lasted past 15 days, when he switched to another batch and brand from another retailer he exceeded 90 days on all his cams( this was over late summer thru fall) . I purchase all of my D's from Fleet farm, they go thru a huge volume of batteries there so they are always current. With d battery adapters on the J's in normal conditions one should expect 90 days. Severe cold, high pic volume or a camera in a network that works especially hard could shorten that time.

Old/bad batteries can be a concern, although i had a customer that bought a batch of energizers from home depot and none of them lasted past 15 days, when he switched to another batch and brand from another retailer he exceeded 90 days on all his cams( this was over late summer thru fall) . I purchase all of my D's from Fleet farm, they go thru a huge volume of batteries there so they are always current. With d battery adapters on the J's in normal conditions one should expect 90 days. Severe cold, high pic volume or a camera in a network that works especially hard could shorten that time.

I'm at 88 days on the only one still running, still says OK. None of the ameras are overworked, they all link straight to home. I am going to have to figure out where to get some fresh D cells.

I just bought the home unit and this is my plan. What’s the input for the home unit/plug size? Which ac transformer did you buy?

I can confirm the home unit needs a 6v, 2a AC adapter. I picked one up off Amazon for fairly cheap. Also had to get a 5.5x2.1mm Female Jack to 4.0x1.7mm Male Plug.

Can someone help me with updating my firmware. I went to the Cuddeback website and downloaded the update to an SD card. I know the card is good because I have been using it in my cameras. When I went to update my cameras (J's) I got a message check card. I tried another camera and got the same message. I ttok the sd card back to my laptop dragged the update to the desktop and then put it on another card and got the same message.

On another note does anyone know if the cuddeback warranty will cover a savage attack by a racoon? He ate the solar cable down to the plugs opened the door and took the SD card and ripped out the sensor cover from the front.

Can someone help me with updating my firmware. I went to the Cuddeback website and downloaded the update to an SD card. I know the card is good because I have been using it in my cameras. When I went to update my cameras (J's) I got a message check card. I tried another camera and got the same message. I ttok the sd card back to my laptop dragged the update to the desktop and then put it on another card and got the same message.

On another note does anyone know if the cuddeback warranty will cover a savage attack by a racoon? He ate the solar cable down to the plugs opened the door and took the SD card and ripped out the sensor cover from the front.

Wow!

I'm suggesting a dogproof coon trap with marshmallows in it for your second issue...

Make sure you dont unzip the forward file when you put it in your as card

I didn't unzip the file I downloaded it from Cuddelink to my desktop and dragged it to the SD card. The coon trap sounds like a good idea.

OK another question. I am looking to replace the cable that comes with the J cam solar kit and buy a couple spares. Does anyone know if the Battery Booster Cable 9038 that Cuddeback sells for $5.00 will fit? It says for C, E and G battery ports but does not mention the J camera. Cuddeback should put replacement solar cables on their website for animal attacks.

Battery Booster Cable 9038 will not fit J Series

Here's a question I have for other J1415 users...

I have 8. One of them absolutely will not give up the batteries when time to replace. As in, they are stuck in the camera. I have to get a long, skinny hook that will fit back in the compartment and pull them out.

It would seem the battery molding was formed too narrow, especially for the middle two sections of batteries.

The camera functions fine, but I'm worried that I might damage something trying to pry the silly AAs out.

I grabbed one of my 1415s and snagged the latest firmware online. So here's what I did -

Download the zip folder from Cuddelink's site
UNZIP the folder (it has 3 different firmware files in it, you only need the one for the J1415).
Once you see the three firmware files and the instruction file, just grab the ONE firmware file you need for the J1415 update
Paste that into your SD card (that's the file you don't unzip).
Power on camera, click until you come to the FW update and execute

Did it's thing for me. I'm now running FW 07 05 I think it was.

I grabbed one of my 1415s and snagged the latest firmware online. So here's what I did -

Download the zip folder from Cuddelink's site
UNZIP the folder (it has 3 different firmware files in it, you only need the one for the J1415).
Once you see the three firmware files and the instruction file, just grab the ONE firmware file you need for the J1415 update
Paste that into your SD card (that's the file you don't unzip).
Power on camera, click until you come to the FW update and execute

Did it's thing for me. I'm now running FW 07 05 I think it was.
I did the same as mentioned above on my G series cams. I too got the check SD error message when trying to update without doing the unzip action.

OK another question. I am looking to replace the cable that comes with the J cam solar kit and buy a couple spares. Does anyone know if the Battery Booster Cable 9038 that Cuddeback sells for $5.00 will fit? It says for C, E and G battery ports but does not mention the J camera. Cuddeback should put replacement solar cables on their website for animal attacks.
just give them a call and tell them what you need and they will take care of you.

Here's a question I have for other J1415 users...

I have 8. One of them absolutely will not give up the batteries when time to replace. As in, they are stuck in the camera. I have to get a long, skinny hook that will fit back in the compartment and pull them out.

It would seem the battery molding was formed too narrow, especially for the middle two sections of batteries.

The camera functions fine, but I'm worried that I might damage something trying to pry the silly AAs out.
i would call Cuddeback CS on this. the battery compartment is replaceable and it should still be under warranty so you can get it replaced.

i would call Cuddeback CS on this. the battery compartment is replaceable and it should still be under warranty so you can get it replaced.

john,

Does cuddeback or anyone offer a discounted 4 pack of the G series cameras like they do for the J series cameras. If so, where can I get these?

To anyone with the Cuddeback Solar kit for the J cams. I just got a few, and see an AC transformer to charge the batteries. I assume you have to put them in a camera, then plug the cam in? My cams are at the farm and was hoping to charge the batteries before I get there, so I don't have to drag the cams in then put back out...

john,

Does cuddeback or anyone offer a discounted 4 pack of the G series cameras like they do for the J series cameras. If so, where can I get these?
We will have 4 packs of the g in both powerhouse ir and powerhouse black flash this year , normal retail on this 4 pack will be $999, which saves the user about $200. Waiting on packaging but these should be available soon

Last edited: