All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Camera problem
I just recently had a G cam not sending pics to home unit. It worked previously, but batteries went dead so changed batteries and reset. I drove home 4 hours from camp next day on the report that camera didn't show up, my thought was I didn't arm camera. Finally had time to check it out a few weeks later to find out its taking pics just not sending to home unit. went through all the settings, making sure its on the right channel and stuff and the signal to home camera comes up. Still doesn't work. What could be wrong?

If it’s not on the report the home unit isn’t connected to it . Did you check cl mode ? To make sure it’s on remote ? Is it possible a neighbor has cuddelink cams on the same channel?

checked to make sure its on remote
Definitely no neighbors are running these cams

I swapped out this camera with another one and that one works in the location this one didn't

checked to make sure its on remote
Definitely no neighbors are running these cams

I wouldn't say definitely. I started getting pics of a guy on a cam. I thought I had a trespasser, at first. After studying the pic, I didn't recognize the background, and thought someone stole my cam and was moving it. After looking at the report I realized I was picking up 7 remote cams on my Home. I only own 5. I tried to figure out where it was and the ground is unfamiliar. They were getting less signal on the report than any of my 5 cams, and 2 of mine were over a half mile away. It was kind of cool, but I became nervous that one of my cams may jump over to his home, and I was chasing a once in a lifetime multi-droptine buck. I changed the channel my system was operating on, so I kept my pics, and he could start getting his. I assume his weren't getting home to him, when they were going to my home. I would have said there was no way any of my neighbors were running the system, but I was wrong.

If this is the only remote not sending pics to your home and you had a signal and your confident there isn’t a neighbor within a mile or more with cuddelink I would pull that camera the next time you are there and send it in . This is assuming all settings are correct on both units. If u have other units connected and showing up in your report and this one isn’t showing up but it shows a cl level 20 or above it is either in your settings or something is functionally wrong . I will say in the last two years I have not seen a link that showed a connection to the home not send pics , not saying it’s imposible but very unlikely the remote is not sending .
You could try changing the channel on you remotes and homes as one more way to check before pulling that camera

I wouldn't say definitely. I started getting pics of a guy on a cam. I thought I had a trespasser, at first. After studying the pic, I didn't recognize the background, and thought someone stole my cam and was moving it. After looking at the report I realized I was picking up 7 remote cams on my Home. I only own 5. I tried to figure out where it was and the ground is unfamiliar. They were getting less signal on the report than any of my 5 cams, and 2 of mine were over a half mile away. It was kind of cool, but I became nervous that one of my cams may jump over to his home, and I was chasing a once in a lifetime multi-droptine buck. I changed the channel my system was operating on, so I kept my pics, and he could start getting his. I assume his weren't getting home to him, when they were going to my home. I would have said there was no way any of my neighbors were running the system, but I was wrong.
I get that, but I have 1 neighbor that surrounds my property and they don't have cameras, because they told me so, they are old and don't understand them. Heck they hunt like 3 days of rifle season and could care less about deer

If this is the only remote not sending pics to your home and you had a signal and your confident there isn’t a neighbor within a mile or more with cuddelink I would pull that camera the next time you are there and send it in . This is assuming all settings are correct on both units. If u have other units connected and showing up in your report and this one isn’t showing up but it shows a cl level 20 or above it is either in your settings or something is functionally wrong . I will say in the last two years I have not seen a link that showed a connection to the home not send pics , not saying it’s imposible but very unlikely the remote is not sending .
You could try changing the channel on you remotes and homes as one more way to check before pulling that camera
I will check it again, but I have 5 other ones sending pics with no problems
The CL level was 46
I will try changing the channel

I get that, but I have 1 neighbor that surrounds my property and they don't have cameras, because they told me so, they are old and don't understand them. Heck they hunt like 3 days of rifle season and could care less about deer

Not sure how big your neighbor is, but I about guarantee the 2 foreign cams I was receiving were 1+ mile away. Although, my home is on a mast on the roof of my cabin, on the highest point around.

great input , thank you, i will pass it on. I agree , it would be great to get burst pics or delays shorter than 5 seconds be able to have all pics transmit , if this is possible we will get it done in the future.
Perhaps also: time stamp each photo with seconds (not just hours and minutes). This would be very helpful in determining the order of events in certain scenarios.

Last edited:
Wide or centered. Set most of mine to wide. I wonder if that’s why I get runaways.
Are the runaways day and night? Or just daytime?

As of right now Midwayusa.com has the G-cam Cuddesafe at $21.99 and D-cell powerpack at $16.99 which are very low prices for these items.

Farmsteadarchery.com is still the place to go for the cameras.

Last edited:
As of right now Midwayusa.com has the G-cam Cuddesafe at $21.99 and D-cell powerpack at $16.99 which are very low prices for these items.

Farmsteadarchery.com is still the place to go for the cameras.
I have bought all my cameras from Farmsteadarchery.com also. Called Focus Camera and they gave me the best price on cameras. Have any of you'll used them?

john, did Cuddeback announce their new 2019 models at SHOT? Is that information available to the public now?

What is the ext battery input voltage requirement on J cameras with the optional #3495 D battery pack? I believe it's 9v, but am wondering if 12v would work without a 12v-9v regulator since I've got several 12v solar panel / battery sets from another project. I'm experiencing frustration trying to keep multiple J-series networks running due to sporadic battery life ranging from 18 - 120 days regardless of which brand of alkaline battery is used.
north texas cuddelink.png

Does anybody know for sure if the cell home unit will update the date and time automatically when it communicates via cell or something? I am pretty sure mine did because I believe it was wrong when I armed it and after the first daily report I received the date and time were correct after that.

Thanks for this thread. It has been very helpful.

What is the ext battery input voltage requirement on J cameras with the optional #3495 D battery pack? I believe it's 9v, but am wondering if 12v would work without a 12v-9v regulator since I've got several 12v solar panel / battery sets from another project. I'm experiencing frustration trying to keep multiple J-series networks running due to sporadic battery life ranging from 18 - 120 days regardless of which brand of alkaline battery is used.
View attachment 22581

The 3495 battery pack isn't an additional add-on. You take off the AA pack that comes on the J cams, and put the D pack on. It's not a simple plug and additional pack, like the D pack that goes on the cell home or G cams. Different animal.

The 3495 battery pack isn't an additional add-on. You take off the AA pack that comes on the J cams, and put the D pack on. It's not a simple plug and additional pack, like the D pack that goes on the cell home or G cams. Different animal.

You may want to re-read my post. The J series cameras already have the optional 3495 D battery pack on them. In addition to the 3495 D battery pack, I'm wanting to add an external battery / solar panel to this system and want to know if it can handle a 12v input or if I need a 12v-9v regulator.