Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Thanks.
I have another question that I'm wondering about. When Verizon goes to 5G will the areas that are 3G increase to a 4G area so your units will work? I have 3G Verizon at locations that would increase the cuddelink usage for me.
that would be a question for Verizon but i am under the understanding that every area wll be 4 g or above at some point. We have some customers replacing their antennas with an upgraded antenna they found form another manufacturer. and getting enhanced signal in areas that it wasn't expected.

that would be a question for Verizon but i am under the understanding that every area wll be 4 g or above at some point. We have some customers replacing their antennas with an upgraded antenna they found form another manufacturer. and getting enhanced signal in areas that it wasn't expected.
What antenna upgrades will work? I do not want to void any warranty.
I will need to get your 6D battery booster for my cell home units. Now i'm only getting 17 days from these units. How many days should I expect by adding this booster?

What antenna upgrades will work? I do not want to void any warranty.
I will need to get your 6D battery booster for my cell home units. Now i'm only getting 17 days from these units. How many days should I expect by adding this booster?
i get 120-150 days with my battery booster, extremely cold will limit that somewhat, below zero may freeze alkaline batteries
here is a paddle antenna option https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/taoglas-limited/TG.10.0113/931-1163-ND/3083242

i get 120-150 days with my battery booster, extremely cold will limit that somewhat, below zero may freeze alkaline batteries
here is a paddle antenna option https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/taoglas-limited/TG.10.0113/931-1163-ND/3083242
120 days. That sounds great here in middle TN on the AL line we don't get as cold for that long. I cant remember the last a below zero temps here. Thanks again

Step 6. Go into the CL menu and perform "CL CLEAR"
John,

What does the "CL CLEAR" command do?...

Does it clear the transmission queue of any unsent pictures potentially clearing a 'log jam'?
Does it change any settings?
Does it just force a re-initialization of the CL portion of the firmware?
Or what?

I've been reluctant to run that command without having the basic knowledge of what it does.

John,

What does the "CL CLEAR" command do?...

Does it clear the transmission queue of any unsent pictures potentially clearing a 'log jam'?
Does it change any settings?
Does it just force a re-initialization of the CL portion of the firmware?
Or what?

I've been reluctant to run that command without having the basic knowledge of what it does.
Clears the TX queue.

I had a buddy that with basic programming knowledge and about 70 bucks worth of supplies follow directions posted here and was able to get it working via a Dropbox account in a couple of hours with no issues

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Do you know what post number the instructions can be found in? That's an intriguing idea but this thread has grown so much I can't find it.

Do you know what post number the instructions can be found in? That's an intriguing idea but this thread has grown so much I can't find it.
Post #974

FredG, just an update. I went and tilted my cameras today. This is the same camera as the previous photo. I just got this pic about 40 minutes ago and it's much better. Thanks again.

vpRwvPz.jpg

Last edited:
120 days. That sounds great here in middle TN on the AL line we don't get as cold for that long. I cant remember the last a below zero temps here. Thanks again
I am at 105 days on a cell cam and the external just showed low. This also included 3 runaway cams taking an ungodly amount of pics for several days including enough to drain a full external set and internals in 2 weeks, so not stop emails every hour during that time

FredG, just an update. I went and tilted my cameras today. This is the same camera as the previous photo. I just got this pic about 40 minutes ago and it's much better. Thanks again.

vpRwvPz.jpg
You're more than welcome crenshawco! I think you pretty well nailed the tilt. :emoji_thumbsup:

I am at 105 days on a cell cam and the external just showed low. This also included 3 runaway cams taking an ungodly amount of pics for several days including enough to drain a full external set and internals in 2 weeks, so not stop emails every hour during that time

105 days would be great. With the energizer batteries Cell Home Unit lasted almost 3 days, as far as I could go back and count pictures from the 5 cameras feeding back to Cell Unit it sent 1064 pictures. Batteries are dead in 3 days. I've also have mine setup to send pictures every hour.

105 days would be great. With the energizer batteries Cell Home Unit lasted almost 3 days, as far as I could go back and count pictures from the 5 cameras feeding back to Cell Unit it sent 1064 pictures. Batteries are dead in 3 days. I've also have mine setup to send pictures every hour.
if you only got 3 days out of your cell home even with just the 4 internals D's one of several issues is going on. it doesnt matter how many pics it recieved in that short of time. Are you saying the cell home emailed or texted you 1064 pics in 3 days ? or that is how many it recieved. IS this the first time you deployed it or has it always had this issue?
potential causes are
1. bad batteries, this can occur with new name brand batteries. its rare, but does happen.
2. Continous below zero or single digit temps during those 3 days, freezing the batteries.
3 . something is wrong with your unit.
I would update your firmware if its not already 7.3 or above, try another set of batteries purchased from a different location/retailer and if it lasts 3 days again set up a return to send your cell home back to cuddeback.

My home unit is on 81 days on the external, as of today. Still shows External pack ok, hasn't switched to the internals yet. I had one J series drop off a couple days ago on the D battery pack after only 35 days. It never showed low battery, just gone from the report next day.

I am very impressed with the Cuddelink system. Each camera I have uses the 6D-cell powerpack and I am using G-cams only, along with the cell home (also using the 6D-cell powerpacks). With this arrangement I have had near flawless performance thus far. I am running three cell homes and two dozen cams, soon to be just over three dozen. Black flash, IR, and strobe. What is most impressive is the radio range, even in tight forest. Also, the selectivity of the PIR trigger almost eliminates empty pics. I have had no issue with PIR trigger range, nor run-away cameras. Too soon to judge battery life. I am using Rayovac Fusion D-cells, I always update firmware, and use 32GB Sandisk SD cards. Ambient temps here in 40's to teens. I was expecting problems because trail cams are by nature problematic - but so far no issues. Build quality of the units is very good. I am also impressed that 99% of pics are correctly exposed. Flash range is excellent. No endless pics from hard sunlight and shadow movement. My setting are precisely as John Volkman advised with exception that I have hourly transmissions from the cell home.

Nitpicks: Closing the control panel door can inadvertently press buttons, so it must be closed carefully. The PIR sensitivity is not adjustable presently (future firmware update?). There is no hole for cable lock on the camera itself, but the Cuddesafe resolves this. I would like the option of a security entry code for each cam (to disappoint any thieves). I'd like to have the option to send all of the pics from a 3 shot burst.

I really enjoy the system. If you are on the fence, just do it. It is really an amazing innovation. To get pics every hour is such a delight. I am like a kid in a candy store!

Last edited:
I am very impressed with the Cuddelink system. Each camera I have uses the 6D-cell powerpack and I am using G-cams only, along with the cell home (also using the 6D-cell powerpacks). With this arrangement I have had near flawless performance thus far. I am running three cell homes and two dozen cams, soon to be just over three dozen. Black flash, IR, and strobe. What is most impressive is the radio range, even in tight forest. Also, the selectivity of the PIR trigger almost eliminates empty pics. I have had no issue with PIR trigger range, nor run-away cameras. Too soon to judge battery life. I am using Rayovac Fusion D-cells, I always update firmware, and use 32GB Sandisk SD cards. Ambient temps here in 40's to teens. I was expecting problems because trail cams are by nature problematic - but so far no issues. Build quality of the units is very good. I am also impressed that 99% of pics are correctly exposed. Flash range is excellent. No endless pics from hard sunlight and shadow movement. My setting are precisely as John Volkman advised with exception that I have hourly transmissions from the cell home.

Nitpicks: Closing the control panel door can inadvertently press buttons, so it must be closed carefully. The PIR sensitivity is not adjustable presently (future firmware update?). There is no hole for cable lock on the camera itself, but the Cuddesafe resolves this. I would like the option of a security entry code for each cam (to disappoint any thieves). I'd like to have the option to send all of the pics from a 3 shot burst.

I really enjoy the system. If you are on the fence, just do it. It is really an amazing innovation. To get pics every hour is such a delight. I am like a kid in a candy store!
great input , thank you, i will pass it on. I agree , it would be great to get burst pics or delays shorter than 5 seconds be able to have all pics transmit , if this is possible we will get it done in the future.

What do you have the PIR set too?