All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Yes, my account is activated.
I received images yesterday morning in the same location so im not sure about cell service. Is there anything else i can try?

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

I have had my cell unit stop working twice John told me to remove the batteries and wait 5 minutes reinstall new batteries and that worked for me. Something to try

Anything odd on the last report it sent? The only time mine quit was the batteries. It gave no warning on the report, just died. I'm 6 hours from mine. I've got it on a battery booster now.

Anything odd on the last report it sent? The only time mine quit was the batteries. It gave no warning on the report, just died. I'm 6 hours from mine. I've got it on a battery booster now.
I have the same problem 7 1/2 hours to my farm but know warning just stopped had my neighbor change the batteries but still didn’t work then John told me to wait 5 minutes or cycling through the mode button until the lights go out and that has worked twice

Batteries are good. I powered it down but didnt wait 5 minutes to power up. I will try that, and see if this works. Good thing i pulled all my cams down, i was just testing them arnd my house to get a idea of which settings i like best and now this happens. Im trying to be optimistic but geeze its testing me.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Batteries are good. I powered it down but didnt wait 5 minutes to power up. I will try that, and see if this works. Good thing i pulled all my cams down, i was just testing them arnd my house to get a idea of which settings i like best and now this happens. Im trying to be optimistic but geeze its testing me.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Take the batteries out of the cell unit

Update, i took batteries out of unit for 40 minutes. Still give me Failure on test to cell.

Update, i took batteries out of unit for 40 minutes. Still give me Failure on test to cell.

How many bars of cell phone signal on your phone at the exact location of the cuddelink?

What firmware you running? Look at your last emailed report, if you aren't sure.

Im running 7.3.0

How many bars of cell phone signal on your phone at the exact location of the cuddelink?
When I called cuddeback the lady said for the cell unit to work it had to have 4G service. I could talk on the phone at several location but was not receiving Verizon 4G.

Compared to my phone, my CL cell home demands a stronger cell signal be available. I can make phone calls in places where my CL cell will fail to connect.

John,

Currently I have 8 Dual Flash G series cameras (G-5017 I believe) and a home unit (Model 1385) for collecting the pictures. Can I replace the cap on the home unit with a Verizon cellular cap or do I need to buy the Model 1491 model of the home unit? Also, if I get my home unit to be cellular by one of the methods described above can my G series cameras send back to home and this home unit send to my phone or do I need to have cell caps on all my G series camera? I hope this makes sense...
you only need a cell cap on your home unit to get pics from all your cameras.
You can call cuddeback direct and see if they will sell you a cell cap only, you may need to buy a complete unit though and there wont be much difference in price. The last i checked we were almost sold out of Cell units. If you do remove your home unit and buy another cell home or cell home camera your current home unit can be used as a repeater or it would be fairly easy to sell to recoup some of our cost.

Last edited:
Are you saying it is better to leave them out year round? I always take my cameras down about middle of December and put them back out in the spring. What is the best way to do this if you do not want to leave them out all year?
its best to either leave them outside in a garage or warm them up slowly, then bring them inside when pulling them for the year. think of what happens when you bring a gun in from extreme cold to a warm environment.

John,
I have a Cell Home that has been armed for 3-4 months and sending images via email. I noticed this morning that i didnt receive any images, so i checked the unit and tried to send a test to my phone but i got the message as Failure. What could cause this error? The last images i received were on Dec 31st.

hard to say what could cause that via the forum, but if you tried a self test twice and got a failure both times , you can try it in another location with strong cell signal, if it fails there i would call cuddeback to set upon a return for service.

call nontypical direct and set up a return for your cell unit. or you can call them first but have your IE numbers from your cell unit in hand so they can look up your account. If you are getting a failure multiple times in an area you previously had service with a good signal something is wrong with your cell cap or your antennas.

Last edited:
Compared to my phone, my CL cell home demands a stronger cell signal be available. I can make phone calls in places where my CL cell will fail to connect.
John has said it is more about being able to download a web page than making a phone call, downloading a web page on your cell phone takes more signal

John has said it is more about being able to download a web page than making a phone call, downloading a web page on your cell phone takes more signal
correct, talking on a cell phone is not the same as downloading a web page, texting an image or emailing a file, those are more true tests of sufficient coverage.

I suppose those of us with a dumb phone view the world through a different lens. :emoji_relaxed:

John is there any way you think in the future that even if cuddelink is enabled that we could still record and save video locally? I love everything about the units but I miss being able to see video. I know it would only be saved locally and I would have to go pull that card and thats ok, but would love to be able to still have that feature.