Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Is this the approximate maximum data transmission throughput of the CL system?...
1 thumbnail every 15 minutes, or​
4 thumbnails per hour, or​
100 thumbnails per day.​

Is it possible to increase these figures to any significant degree by reconfiguring the network or camera settings?

Last edited:
Is this the approximate maximum data transmission throughput of the CL system?...
1 thumbnail every 15 minutes, or​

4 thumbnails per hour, or​

100 thumbnails per day.​

Is it possible to increase these figures to any significant degree by reconfiguring the network or camera settings?
Are you referring to the cuddelink network or the cell home or cell home camera ?
The cuddelink system can transmit home about a max of about 1000 images per day, depending on how many total links are in system.
Regarding a cell home or cell home camera you can set the cell to send via email images in batches of 30 which is the most efficient , it can do this multiple times per hour

Are you referring to the cuddelink network or the cell home or cell home camera ?
The cuddelink system can transmit home about a max of about 1000 images per day, depending on how many total links are in system.
Regarding a cell home or cell home camera you can set the cell to send via email images in batches of 30 which is the most efficient , it can do this multiple times per hour
Thanks, John. Yes, I mean the CL cell home. If we ignore concerns of power for a moment then the highest throughput will result from 30 batch on cell home, and any deviation from your standard advice (below)?

"make sure you have firmware 7.3 installed​
2. Set your cell home at batch 20 or batch 30 on cell​
3. Set camera delay at 5 seconds or LONGER on remotes​
4. Set CL delay at 5 Seconds or LONGER on remotes ( I always set the camera delay longer or the same as the CL delay, this insures all images get home)​
5. Set your CL count at 25-50 on each remote camera (default is 250)​
6. set zone to "centered" on remote cams unless in a food plot​
7. when set at batch 20-30 you will still get at least one email a day with the report and another with whatever images are on the Cell home even if its less than the batch number setting."​

Last edited:
Thanks, John. Yes, I mean the CL cell home. If we ignore concerns of power for a moment then the highest throughput will result from 30 batch on cell home, and any deviation from your standard advice (below)?

"make sure you have firmware 7.3 installed​

2. Set your cell home at batch 20 or batch 30 on cell​

3. Set camera delay at 5 seconds or LONGER on remotes​

4. Set CL delay at 5 Seconds or LONGER on remotes ( I always set the camera delay longer or the same as the CL delay, this insures all images get home)​

5. Set your CL count at 25-50 on each remote camera (default is 250)​

6. set zone to "centered" on remote cams unless in a food plot​

7. when set at batch 20-30 you will still get at least one email a day with the report and another with whatever images are on the Cell home even if its less than the batch number setting."​
the settings above are the most efficient from my experience.

Thanks again, John.

When I update the 5086 and 5062 it shows 7.0 (not 7.3) firmware as being installed. Is this correct?

Curious. How many of you with these cameras will take them down after the hunting season? I assume doing that preserves their life a bit?

That's a good point. Maybe I'll reposition them to better spot trespassers than deer/turkey....

I leave them up. One is dedicated as a surveillance camera on the front gate. Others are on food plots. Home camera is on a mineral lick that is extremely well hidden. Even it someone finds the surveillance camera on the front gate and steals it I figure I will have the pictures on the home unit.

see what i mean by opening a can of worms :emoji_grin: thanks Fred!
Sorry John! It certainly wasn't my intent to muck up your thread or cause any grief...

Sorry John! It certainly wasn't my intent to muck up your thread or cause any grief...
no problem at all, im just happy you spent the time to type all that instead of me!

Curious. How many of you with these cameras will take them down after the hunting season? I assume doing that preserves their life a bit?
one thing that helps ALL cameras last longer is to try not to bring them in and out of a warm/cold environment to much - bringing them in from low temps to a 70 degree house allows moisture to potentially get inside the camera.

one thing that helps ALL cameras last longer is to try not to bring them in and out of a warm/cold environment to much - bringing them in from low temps to a 70 degree house allows moisture to potentially get inside the camera.
That's a good point John. If you do bring one in from the cold it's a good idea to put it in a ziplock bag while out in the cold and let the camera warm up for a few hours to room temperature before taking it out of the bag for storage. Most of the condensation will form on the outside of the bag and not on or inside of the camera.

no problem at all, im just happy you spent the time to type all that instead of me!
My mistake John... I mistook your "thanks Fred" as a sarcastic "thanks" and was afraid I had unwittingly stepped in a pile of :emoji_poop: with my comment.

@FredG would love any insight you could share regarding metering please.

CL batch setting vs CL time setting? Under what circumstances would it be better to set (for example) "batch 20" vs "1 hour" on the cell home? And vice versa.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that the new Cuddelink battery solutions for 2019 will entail big bricks of 18650 li-ion rechargables, or similar. These cells hold a lot of energy.

Last edited:
CL batch setting vs CL time setting? Under what circumstances would it be better to set (for example) "batch 20" vs "1 hour" on the cell home? And vice versa.
it all depends on how many remotes you have and how many total pics per day you get, the batch 30 is the most efficient since it only emails when it hits 30 images received (other than once a day when the report is built). If you are getting a lower number of images sent home or a low number of remotes once per hour is fine. When the home cell unit is emailing it shuts down the CL network for 6-7 minutes,Menaing it is not receiving images form the remotes during that time. This images nee dot wait until the home is done emailing before it can start receiving them again. If you are getting a high volume of images sent home this can lead to the possibility of the home unit getting behind and not catching up. The best route is to start at batch 30 or 20 and work your way shorter if you prefer to get more emails sent with less pictures. We have customers getting 500 or more images per day and we have others who get 20 or less it all depends on your situation. The number of links is important to. If you have cameras that are using multiple links to get home its best to keep the CL network on as much as possible. I cant give you an exact number to go by since everyones system is a bit different.
I will say for the average user once per hour is fine.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that the new Cuddelink battery solutions for 2019 will entail big bricks of 18650 li-ion rechargables, or similar. These cells hold a lot of energy.
they wont be as you described. But they will increase the life or the period of time you can leave your cameras and home units without changing out batteries.