Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Will the home cell unit be just a cellular transfer unit or will it be a camera too?

I am waiting to make a purchase until I can get what I need......about 8-10 cameras linked to a single cellular home unit. If the home unit can take pics then it will likely reduce my cameras needs 1-2.
if you will have 15 cameras or less in your network you are better off buying the cell home since a cell home and another camera(approx $400 total) is less expensive than a cell home camera(approx $450 total). IF someone wants 16 cameras operating in the network then the cell home camera would be the way to go. anyone using 15 or less is wouldn't need it.
A cell home unit is also better on batteries, since its only job is to receive and send images. I am encouraging everyone to use a cell home for this reason.

I ended up buying some of these. Question. I usually check my trail cams with an sd card reader for an iPhone. With having the folder structures and a different CL Loc folder for each cam will the iPhone reader still work? Or can I only view these on a PC?

When does the Cell Cap for the dual flash come out?

I ended up buying some of these. Question. I usually check my trail cams with an sd card reader for an iPhone. With having the folder structures and a different CL Loc folder for each cam will the iPhone reader still work? Or can I only view these on a PC?

When does the Cell Cap for the dual flash come out?
yes you can look at them on your i phone with a reader i did it with one all last fall, you will either be abel to see the folders or all the pictures depending on what app you use with your reader.
The cell caps start shipping this month, i would contact your closest dealer since the majority of the first shipment is already pre sold to the dealer network. There will be more shipments in the future this summer as well.

I pre ordered a cell home, saying the ship date is July 13th. Anyone else hearing the same?

I have zero knowledge but my guess is that gets pushed back. Cuddeback hasn’t even listed it on their website yet.

What’s interesting is it was initially 7/16 and then today it moved back to 7/13. I could only assume that’s a good sign. I guess we’ll see what happens on Friday.

What’s interesting is it was initially 7/16 and then today it moved back to 7/13. I could only assume that’s a good sign. I guess we’ll see what happens on Friday.

That would be awesome if they are ready on Friday.

John, another question..............At what point in time does a camera send acquired pics to the home camera? Scenario........one of the cameras in my link is stolen by some dirtbag, and his pic is taken while in front of the camera. Will I receive his pic instantaneously, or does the camera send out pics randomly, say every 4 hours?

John, another question..............At what point in time does a camera send acquired pics to the home camera? Scenario........one of the cameras in my link is stolen by some dirtbag, and his pic is taken while in front of the camera. Will I receive his pic instantaneously, or does the camera send out pics randomly, say every 4 hours?
you can set the cuddelink delay in your settings , so although i wouldn't call it instantaneous, it will send them alsmot immediately . I set my CL delay at 5 seconds ,if i drive by a camera 300 yards from my home camera and go and check the home unit a couple minutes later the image will be there. The limiting factor would be if you have multiple cameras in your link and they are all sending images , the home can only receive one image at a time so it may take a few minutes to be received if that particular image is "in line" to be sent but behind other images.

That gives me a much better chance than I have now, which is none. I know of two guys that had cell cams stolen and they were able to prosecute and get their cams back because they had a pic of the thief. I ordered a 4 pack today so I am now on the bandwagon, and thanks for all of the info.

I got my 4 pack, programmed and yard tested for a couple of days and now have cameras deployed on my property. Has anyone heard of a firm ship date for the Home Cell units yet?

I got my 4 pack, programmed and yard tested for a couple of days and now have cameras deployed on my property. Has anyone heard of a firm ship date for the Home Cell units yet?
first shipments of cell units will start hitting dealers next week. There are more orders than units at this time so it will be a while before they catch up

Thanks John, I will try to get a pre-order in asap.

first shipments of cell units will start hitting dealers next week. There are more orders than units at this time so it will be a while before they catch up

for the record. without looking through the 9000 posts.

What and the heck is the story of the turkey in the pic??? It's probably the best pic on here.

for the record. without looking through the 9000 posts.

What and the heck is the story of the turkey in the pic??? It's probably the best pic on here.
here goes....my wife works at the local high school which is out in the country so its not uncommon to have deer and turkey close to school, well this particular afternoon i went to pick her up and as i pulled into the lot the gobbler in the pic was strutting on the lawn. I pulled over, got out and let a few calls out and he started drumming and strutting around my truck. He was definitley a wild bird but didnt have much fear of humans.He wouldn't let you touch him but he wouldn't leave either Supposedly he was up the road at the cheese factory store strutting in the window the day before and when the local warden arrived he was gone.
After a a bunch of laughs and pictures at the high school, the local warden came and was able to corral him (with some major difficulty) into a dog kennel and transport him to a public hunting grounds a couple miles away. Youth season opened that weekend so im sure he provided some excitement for a young hunter:emoji_blush:. The funny part is the people that know me well, know how much time i spend turkey hunting both for myself and with others I take out. My area of wi has a lot of turkeys in it and we do really well every spring, this year i was in on 24 tags being filled so you can imagine the ribbing i got when i posted a bunch of the pics of this bird. Most were joking that they now know why we are successful......the turkeys in my area are obviously not very wary! I have an old wagon wheel at my place , whenever we get a bird the tradition is to take a pic "on the wheel" many of my friends wait every year for all the wagon wheel pics to hit their phone. Here is some more pics for you turkey hunters. Sorry for the long rant to your question , talking turkey gets me a bit fired up!

Attachments

• IMG_4468 4.JPG
    IMG_4468 4.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4469 4.JPG
    IMG_4469 4.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3363.jpg
    IMG_3363.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4785.JPG
    IMG_4785.JPG
    598.9 KB · Views: 50
Lets see if i'm understanding this right. If I have different farms, say 5-10 miles apart. I would need a home camera for each of the farms.

Correct. If that doesn't sound appetizing to you, then you could buy individual cellular cameras from other manufacturers for more than the Cuddelink cameras plus an individual plan for each camera. I know that's a little tongue in cheek, but these things have a ridiculous value proposition compared the rest of the market.

Lets see if i'm understanding this right. If I have different farms, say 5-10 miles apart. I would need a home camera for each of the farms.
correct, there are instances where terrain is open where transmission exceeds normal distances , as much as 1-2 miles between cameras but in most situations 1/4 mile thru wooded terrain is what you should expect. 5-10 mile separation would be hard to achieve but i know some who are reaching parcels over a mile apart by chaining remote cams together.