Cuddeback's Cuddelink

every situation is a bit different but the hardest working units in order would be
1. home cell camera
2. home cell
3. Home camera without cell
4. home plus
5. remote camera
now some of that can change if pic count goes way up or down on any of the above that take pics. so again every saturation is a bit different.
In my opinion , i would tell anyone with a home cell camera or a home cell unit to run the battery booster that adds 6 d cells to the unit, then its running on 6 d's with the 4 in the unit as backup, when the external battery pack shows low , you know you have a month or two to get in and replace the batteries insuring you never lose power at the unit.
If running J's i would run the solar kit or the 6 d cell battery pack made for the j camera if you want to not have to go to the camera inside of 60-75 days.

John, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 4 pack of black flash to watch mineral sites to begin with, and a cell home. I would have the option of putting my cell home near AC power. Is there a way to keep it plugged into 110 AC via a transformer?

Edit. Searched back and seen where Peplin said could use own battery systems!!

Maybe this has been asked too.

But how about external battery systems? I am currently building my own for spartan cameras and use 6 volt 10amh batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC electricity isn't magic, I would think if you got the voltage right and figured the amperage draw, you could size a system.

John, I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a 4 pack of black flash to watch mineral sites to begin with, and a cell home. I would have the option of putting my cell home near AC power. Is there a way to keep it plugged into 110 AC via a transformer?
as of now Cuddeback doesnt offer this but in the near future its definitely something that will be looked at, whether the power is supplied via usb or 110.

as of now Cuddeback doesnt offer this but in the near future its definitely something that will be looked at, whether the power is supplied via usb or 110.

Question about different camera model, what does error code 06 mean?
Put in new batteries and this code came up.
What do i need to do to fix it so camera will be usable again.

Edit. Searched back and seen where Peplin said could use own battery systems!!

Maybe this has been asked too.

But how about external battery systems? I am currently building my own for spartan cameras and use 6 volt 10amh batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My battery system for my Spartans work with the g series lineup.

Question about different camera model, what does error code 06 mean?
Put in new batteries and this code came up.
What do i need to do to fix it so camera will be usable again.
which camera model? is it a G with cuddelink? if so, remove the cap and then put it carefully back on,

which camera model? is it a G with cuddelink? if so, remove the cap and then put it carefully back on,

I believe its the X-change 1279 model

Its a C Model, call the office Mr. C. told the lady that was helping what to do.
Got it going again. Thanks

So what was the issue that threw the error code and what was the remedy? Just curious so I know what to do if it ever happens to one of my C cams.

So what was the issue that threw the error code and what was the remedy? Just curious so I know what to do if it ever happens to one of my C cams.

It was a C, they said take the batteries out and the flash unit.
Then put the flash unit back in, then the batteries.
The lady said when you change flash units the batteries had to be removed.

Thanks for that update 12point... I appreciate it.

Bc18, thanks for the acknowledgment !
A couple points that hopefully will help.
Lithium’s wouldn’t fix the problem completely , 12 lithium’s won’t do much more than 4 ds in this situation, what lithium does do is they stay at full power until dead which helps obtain good pics the entire time and also helps in cold weather. In a regular camera that isn’t transmitting they help a lot but not in this case. The challenge is always keeping the price down and the overall size small and that’s why they went with 4 ds as the standard out of box set up, that may change some day but for now that’s what we have. I run the battery boosters on my g cams and I get over 6 months

With respect John. Lithium's may not fix the problem entirely but would certainly help. There is a reason every respectable trail cam manufacturer did away with D cell batteries 10 years ago. I can't even fathom the longevity of 4 D's in west-central WI Dec-march snapping 1k+ pics a week. Less than a week is my guess.
I get that Cuddeback's marketing tactic's are geared towards add-on's and I'm not blaming you. That's just their nature and it's why it upsets a lot of consumers. Why else would they release battery adapters and "cudderpower" within a month of the cameras being released? It's a bit insulting as a consumer imo. The powerhouse BF & IR modules released within 6 months of the actual cam are a joke, just do it right the first time and stop with the silly upsell's.

I guess each to his own. The base models, if the distance between cams works for me, would be perfect in my situation. We dont have much of a winter where I live. I dont have any of my fifteen or twenty cameras that would ever get 1000 pictures in a year. I dont need add on's and increased power. I need the base units and I dont want to pay extra for something I dont need. The lower end Cuddelink long range IR is perfect for my situation. I don't need or want to pay more for the higher end cameras.

Last edited:
Agree with SwampCat, we all have different situations. I just pulled cards from my cameras yesterday, and I had ~400 pictures per camera from 5 weeks of time. Then again, I don't have burst on and use a medium to longer delay. BC18, how are your cameras configured for snapping pics?

I'm such a deplorable and out of date lout that I've been supplementing the lithium AA's in my Cudde "C" model cameras for three or four years now with the 6 D cells in the Cuddepower units. They really didn't just bring them out so they could retire off your $20... they were brought out several years ago for folks who need or want longer run times at more modest cost.

With respect John. Lithium's may not fix the problem entirely but would certainly help. There is a reason every respectable trail cam manufacturer did away with D cell batteries 10 years ago. I can't even fathom the longevity of 4 D's in west-central WI Dec-march snapping 1k+ pics a week. Less than a week is my guess.
I get that Cuddeback's marketing tactic's are geared towards add-on's and I'm not blaming you. That's just their nature and it's why it upsets a lot of consumers. Why else would they release battery adapters and "cudderpower" within a month of the cameras being released? It's a bit insulting as a consumer imo. The powerhouse BF & IR modules released within 6 months of the actual cam are a joke, just do it right the first time and stop with the silly upsell's.
the Cuddepower booster pack was available long before Cuddelink came about, they were originally offered to be used on the C and E series of cams that both take AA batteries. IF you do a cost analysis on AA either lithium or alkaline the D cells win in almost every case. Extreme cold does offer advantages to lithium and the ability to stay at full power until dead. There are definitely advantages to both types.
Regarding the powerhouse, the dual flash was originally offered to allow users to choose IR or Black especially those that are sensitive to using IR in video mode our to those that wanted to be able to switch back and forth. The ratios of sales IR to Black flash have fluctuated greatly in the past few years. Its about providing options to the consumer not just "upselling".
We still offer Strobe in it because certain segments still want that option, how many camera companies still make a white flash? almost none of the other brands do so. it has nothing to do with upselling.

The new camera technology well lends itself to selling like a computer online. You start out with the base unit and then go through the options picking and choosing what you think you need to handle the job you are trying to do. Maybe all you do is surf the net and the base unit is fine for you. Maybe you edit photos and need a huge storage capacity and larger screen. Maybe you are a gamer and need it all. I like the way this system is offered

Last edited:
Well, my Bass Pro preorder of the cell home just got cancelled and it hadn't been 30 days yet. Did the order fulfillment date change on the B2B side?

Cell units began shipping today , later than we would have preferred but they are moving out the door .Things will get better from here on out as far as supply goes. I would suggest calling your favorite retailer if you interested in one of these, we are trying to get them out to as many retailers as possible but invariably they wont be available at every retailer at any and all times. I know many retailers had some of them pre sold so it is a good idea to call first.