Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Do you have an estimate on monthly cost of the cell phone service at this point?
The full plan option will be released shortly. here is a sample - (there may be slight changes to this when its released)
There are many options available. One can buy a plan for as low as $15 per month with the option to pay an overage nominal fee if you exceed allotted data or up to $40 per month for unlimited images and you choose to pay by the month. There are multiple options in between those two plans including discounts for buying unlimited data for a year. This is for up to 16 cameras on one plan so from less than $1 per month per camera to under $3 per camera per month on the high end.
in a nut shell, there will be plans for those who run cameras year round and get a high number of images to plans for those who only run cameras for a few months and get an average number of images. On top of that, all cudde cell units will be fully functional when 3g goes away in the near future.

OK - gonna pull the trigger. Where are you guys finding the better deals.
This is what I plan on purchasing:
Cuddeback CuddeLink 20MP Long-Range Wireless Game Camera (4 Pack)

Hey John... if I buy a cuddelink can you follow me around and program my cams for me or possibly hang a few stands while you are out there?? :) Thats the customer service I am looking for from Cuddeback. :)

could there possibly be a scenario that you have not answered on this thread?

John -- you really are providing amazing answers to a wide variety of questions and it is really appreciated. I had a quick question on solar panels; any idea if we will see them for J series cameras this year or if it will be a next year item?

John -- you really are providing amazing answers to a wide variety of questions and it is really appreciated. I had a quick question on solar panels; any idea if we will see them for J series cameras this year or if it will be a next year item?
you will definitely see the solar panels this year, in fact they should be in stock very soon. Im looking forward to using them myself!

John, I am assuming if I bought a 4 pack right now, I would set one of those for a home camera. When the cell camera is released I could purchase it and turn it into my home camera that will in turn send pics to my email. Am I correct on this?

John, I am assuming if I bought a 4 pack right now, I would set one of those for a home camera. When the cell camera is released I could purchase it and turn it into my home camera that will in turn send pics to my email. Am I correct on this?
correct, you change any camera to remote, home or repeater mode in a few seconds in the cuddelink menu on the camera. Its very easy and simple to do.

Thanks John, I am on this like a duck on a june bug. Do you have a recommendation for place of purchase, as I am retired and would like to save a few bucks if possible?

not to siderail "coffee talk with John" but I saw at a local Meijer grocery store that they had a cuddeback black flash on sale or clearance for 45 bucks. I had it in the cart and I said.. nah.. I went back the next day. GONE. idiot.

Well shoot. Got the first 4 pack of long range ir and seeing how slick system is and rereading this forum and broke down and bought 4 pack of black flash!! Can’t wait to get them all out. It is time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for those waiting for the solar kit that fits the J series cuddelink cameras , the first shipment has arrived and will be going out to dealers asap. If your dealer has them on order they will receive them shortly, any dealer should be able to order some as well if they dont already have them on order and you ask for them.

Thanks John -- just bought 4 of them. Now I'll wait on the Cell Home :)

Thank you John for all your input and answers on this thread!! I broke down this week and ordered some J series in IR and black flash and some G series with the PowerHouse IR and black flash and cant wait to try them out.

for those waiting for the solar kit that fits the J series cuddelink cameras , the first shipment has arrived and will be going out to dealers asap. If your dealer has them on order they will receive them shortly, any dealer should be able to order some as well if they dont already have them on order and you ask for them.

John,

Any new update on when the home unit will be available?

John,

home units are en route. very close to being available, i just want to remind again that the home plus that will soon be available can be used as a home unit or a repeater only. Eventually one will be able to link it with a windows based PC via USB cable but that will not be available for a while. Home cell is the home unit with a cell cap installed those will start shipping soon as well.

John,

CS dept told me yesterday mid July to end of July for the Home unit......cell home unit will be available first.

John, I have a question of the application of the Home Cell camera. I will give you my scenario for use and you tell me if it works this way. When I have the cameras on my property I want to use the Home Cell without Cell activated as I am close enough to receive my pics without cell. When I move the cameras to another property I want to activate cell so that I dont have to drive 15 miles to check pics. Is this the way it works, you can use it as a Home or a Cell camera?

John, I have a question of the application of the Home Cell camera. I will give you my scenario for use and you tell me if it works this way. When I have the cameras on my property I want to use the Home Cell without Cell activated as I am close enough to receive my pics without cell. When I move the cameras to another property I want to activate cell so that I dont have to drive 15 miles to check pics. Is this the way it works, you can use it as a Home or a Cell camera?
yes you will be able do it as you stated, you will need to go with a month to month plan when using the home units with the cell activated once you move it to the property 15 miles away.

Home cell is the home unit with a cell cap installed those will start shipping soon as well.

Will the home cell unit be just a cellular transfer unit or will it be a camera too?

I am waiting to make a purchase until I can get what I need......about 8-10 cameras linked to a single cellular home unit. If the home unit can take pics then it will likely reduce my cameras needs 1-2.

Will the home cell unit be just a cellular transfer unit or will it be a camera too?

I am waiting to make a purchase until I can get what I need......about 8-10 cameras linked to a single cellular home unit. If the home unit can take pics then it will likely reduce my cameras needs 1-2.
No camera in the home unit. You could buy a G model camera and a cell cap and you would have a home cell unit that would also take pictures.