Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Will Message + going away and converting to Google Messages affect the Verizon texting issue?

Will Message + going away and converting to Google Messages affect the Verizon texting issue?
text option for verizon phone customers wont be coming back- they are not changing their spam filters

@john volkman How much is the "Extra Images Option" and how many additional pics will it allow? And can the overage be charged multiple times per month if I use up however much extra data I am given? Or will it only be charged once and then stop transmitting images until the next billing cycle?

I've scoured the cuddeback website and can't find this info anywhere, it might be something good to add? All I see is:

Extra Images Option​

Your device requires data in order to transmit images. Each plan has a built-in data allotment, but it is possible for your device to exceed that amount. If you do not add Extra Images, your camera will stop sending images when it exceeds the purchased data allotment and will resume sending at the beginning of your next billing month. Enabling Extra Images will allow your device to continue to transmit images if it exceeds your plan allotment.

Enable Extra Images
Note - this fee is only added if you exceed your plan's data allotment

@john volkman How much is the "Extra Images Option" and how many additional pics will it allow? And can the overage be charged multiple times per month if I use up however much extra data I am given? Or will it only be charged once and then stop transmitting images until the next billing cycle?

I've scoured the cuddeback website and can't find this info anywhere, it might be something good to add? All I see is:
its on the cuddeback website under data plans, then cuddelink data plans . $5 is approx 1000 images for that billing cycle ( they dont carry over into the next month) , and it can charge multiple times if you exceed the 1000 after the first $5 . As an example, if you are on the base plan of 750, and you hit approx 1780 images inside a month, you will get charged the $5 a second time- keep in mind you can adjust your plan to a higher data plan or unlimited if you desire and find that it makes sense. I always suggest people start on the middle $20 monthly plan, check the extra images box and then adjust your plan from there based on you network size and image usage after a couple months.

its on the cuddeback website under data plans, then cuddelink data plans .
I must have been blind yesterday as I couldn't find this, but I was looking in Camp settings mostly I think.

Thanks for the info and sorry for the silly question!

text option for verizon phone customers wont be coming back- they are not changing their spam filters
I just came here to figure out why I'm not getting texts through Verizon.
I just started my cameras yesterday for this season and tests and pictures went to my email and to my friend's AT&T phone but not mine.
Yes, I can see the pics within the app but it certainly much more convenient getting the texts, especially while hunting one end of the property to see what's going on in other places.
What happened?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I just came here to figure out why I'm not getting texts through Verizon.
I just started my cameras yesterday for this season and tests and pictures went to my email and to my friend's AT&T phone but not mine.
Yes, I can see the pics within the app but it certainly much more convenient getting the texts, especially while hunting one end of the property to see what's going on in other places.
What happened?

Verizon changed the way they classify spam, this included the way Cuddeback delivered images via text, Verizon refuses to change their new filter , as a result texting to a verizon phone will not work and wont work in the future. The app, Camp and email are your options with a Verizon phone. This is likely why very few cell camera brands utilize text in any way.

Verizon changed the way they classify spam, this included the way Cuddeback delivered images via text, Verizon refuses to change their new filter , as a result texting to a verizon phone will not work and wont work in the future. The app, Camp and email are your options with a Verizon phone. This is likely why very few cell camera brands utilize text in any way.
Dang.

According to CAMP, they aren't supporting any text services as it won't give you that option just email.
I did see you can add it within the app the other day but it is odd you can't do it through the web.

According to CAMP, they aren't supporting any text services as it won't give you that option just email.
I did see you can add it within the app the other day but it is odd you can't do it through the web.

they can add a text number as long as its not a verizon supported provider , to do so you need to call CS to have it done.