Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have been looking online and it is staring that a D cell battery has around 10,000 mAh which would equal 10 Ah at 6v.
If i were to run a 12v battery with the cuddeback cord what would you all suggest for amp hours?
Just to clarify, you need 4 cells in series to get 6v and 10aH if each cell is 10aH. I would concur with JV says. The time and hassel is not worth it in my experience, unless you have some unique situation.

I am trying to figure out how to know when my batteries are dead on my L series camera. It still says “battery ok” but is has been stuck on that specific battery day for 2-3 days now and I have not gotten anymore pictures and it is on a feeder where I should be getting lots of pictures so something has happened. Ideas?IMG_3753.png

I would say it’s dead. It will say battery OK until it dies. It never says “low” or anything like that to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it’s dead. It will say battery OK until it dies. It never says “low” or anything like that to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, that was my next question, would it say "low" or "dead"?

Get on camp and check the box to make it send a pic the next time the cell communicates. and yeah, unless the L series is different, it should say low when the batteries get low.

If the camera is working correctly it will eventually say "low".
I experienced the same thing recently, new camera, new batts, new Pw3 panel, and it ran for 5 days before it went "batt ok" and then unresponsive. It never recognized the external power. Pulled the d cells out, reset everything, powered it only from the panel and left the d cells out and now it works fine. For whatever reason the internal batteries were the problem. I suspect it got stuck in some sort of loop that drained the batteries and left it inoperable.

If you see "batt ok" there is likely a poblem.

Viewing your report I don’t see a problem with battery. It only says same number days once and that can be a timing issue. If it goes three or more days then I’d worry. Picture taking is another issue. It could be positioning of camera, fresnel lens, sensitivity settings

OK....so here is what happens all too often on the Cuddlink pics I get. I know this is a decent buck....but how good is he? I could go and pull the card and get some better resolution and determine what has passed through.....but I am a bit lazy.

What I wish for is a way to obtain a few hi res pics from my cameras......even if it would cost me a few bucks.

Just throwing this out there for my wish list.

When running a camera with the dual battery bank and solar panel, how does the power work exactly?

I'd just like to know how the power is working for troubleshooting incase a camera has issues this winter. With the alkaline D bank, lithium D bank, and the lithium in the solar panel it leaves a few options for troubleshooting replacing batteries and would like to be able to do so quickly if needed.

81ofJuJXMlL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

Since migrating to the new solar panels, I've got a box of unused external battery packs. Most are the older Model 3358, but a few are the Dual Power Bank. I may regret this offer, and it will be a while before I'm back up to the farm to execute, but anyone willing to come pick them up in western Kentucky, or pay to cover shipping and packing can have some. I do not have a accurate count, but guess I have 50 or more. And there is a risk that a few in the mix are bad, but for the price you can get an extra or two. I found most cameras would run 6-12 months with the battery packs, and internal camera batteries.

PS: I may have a few old cords to throw in, but plan on providing your own.

861628.jpg
821829.jpg
All of the duals have been spoken for. 25 of the D6 remaining.

Is there any way to see how much data has been used, or just how many pictures have been sent, this billing period?

Is there any way to see how much data has been used, or just how many pictures have been sent, this billing period?
yes in camp ,but if you hav an L home the data usage isnt loaded yet but will be soon, for photos you can filter the dates out two weeks to show how many images were sent , other than that you can only see data used. IF you need ot knwo you can call in and they will tell you, or check the overage box to insure you dont have interruption if you go over.

When running a camera with the dual battery bank and solar panel, how does the power work exactly?

I'd just like to know how the power is working for troubleshooting incase a camera has issues this winter. With the alkaline D bank, lithium D bank, and the lithium in the solar panel it leaves a few options for troubleshooting replacing batteries and would like to be able to do so quickly if needed.

View attachment 68671
it runs on the rechargeable bank first then the other bank and finally the camera internals unless youre using a K then bank 2 and internals run concurrent. I would recommend jsut running a new solar with a 4d internal, in most cases you can get thru and enter winter if you have it in good sun. the dual power bank is overkill and will be discontinued soon.

OK....so here is what happens all too often on the Cuddlink pics I get. I know this is a decent buck....but how good is he? I could go and pull the card and get some better resolution and determine what has passed through.....but I am a bit lazy.

What I wish for is a way to obtain a few hi res pics from my cameras......even if it would cost me a few bucks.

Just throwing this out there for my wish list.
this feature is coming at some point but wont be available this fall.

just an fyi to all, i wont be on the forum for a while , i try to monitor it daily but will be without email for a bit ill be back on next week sometime

This would be huge for Cuddeback. I was pleasantly surprised by the advancements they made with FW8.0. Things like this would pull me back in to upgrading my cameras and networks.

yes in camp ,but if you hav an L home the data usage isnt loaded yet but will be soon, for photos you can filter the dates out two weeks to show how many images were sent , other than that you can only see data used. IF you need ot knwo you can call in and they will tell you, or check the overage box to insure you dont have interruption if you go over.
Thanks John. I do have an L series Home, so that must be the reason. I thought it was odd that I could not find the data usage anywhere. Hopefully it's added soon.

Wonder if this will require more than my current G home based camera to do? If so, I would upgrade to an L. Be interested to hear more about this and how it will work. Huge development.....IMO.