Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I just know during the winter months, there will be times where we will have 2-3 days of overcast days.
Im wondering if I still need to run batteries to make sure I don't loose a cam.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
I'd always leave a set of batteries in the cam. Cheap insurance. It might depend on which panel you have too. The newer sun and shade panels need less light.

I just know during the winter months, there will be times where we will have 2-3 days of overcast days.
Im wondering if I still need to run batteries to make sure I don't loose a cam.

in cold climates i would always run internals as back up - if the camera dies you you need to go to it to restart it, there is plans to allow the camera to start up and arm itself once the solar charges back up but its a difficult task to accomplish it and its down the list on priorities right now. In southern states it's not as much of a concern.

I'd always leave a set of batteries in the cam. Cheap insurance. It might depend on which panel you have too. The newer sun and shade panels need less light.
As said, cheap insurance. I'm only running internal batteries in my critical locations (Home cams & entry gates). Most of mine have been running on solar only without issue. I have a slight concern unused internal batteries might leak and ruin the camera over time.

those that asked about White flash L series and the new Zoom L series Cuddelink cameras, the first few are hitting the shelves now, if you were one of those asking PM and ill send you the right direction.

those that asked about White flash L series and the new Zoom L series Cuddelink cameras, the first few are hitting the shelves now, if you were one of those asking PM and ill send you the right direction.

App won’t let me pm.
Where can someone get white flash L series.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since migrating to the new solar panels, I've got a box of unused external battery packs. Most are the older Model 3358, but a few are the Dual Power Bank. I may regret this offer, and it will be a while before I'm back up to the farm to execute, but anyone willing to come pick them up in western Kentucky, or pay to cover shipping and packing can have some. I do not have a accurate count, but guess I have 50 or more. And there is a risk that a few in the mix are bad, but for the price you can get an extra or two. I found most cameras would run 6-12 months with the battery packs, and internal camera batteries.

PS: I may have a few old cords to throw in, but plan on providing your own.

861628.jpg
821829.jpg
So, if I come up, do I get to hunt a couple of days. Just kidding. Spent over seven years at Ft Campbell. Should have bought land in 80s when it was affordable. Saw lots of fantastic bucks on post in the areas restricted from hunting.

For those that run strictly solar and no internal/external batteries, how are you managing if you have 2-3 days of no sunlight.

I might get external low after 3 bad days on 3600, but never lost completely.

they run on 6-9 volts , you cant run 12 volts into them as it will damage them , be sure you have something that reduces it correctly or you will damage the camera
When I was looking at the website it states that 12v will work. Correct me if I’m wrong I want to know 100% before ruining a camera. Thanks IMG_5870.png

When I was looking at the website it states that 12v will work. Correct me if I’m wrong I want to know 100% before ruining a camera. Thanks View attachment 68327
as long as you use a cable that reduces it to 9 volts correctly you will be ok, the cable in your post will work

as long as you use a cable that reduces it to 9 volts correctly you will be ok, the cable in your post will work
John, Just to be 100% clear If I use the cuddeback brand of cable for external power usage it will connect to a 12v battery and reduce it to 9v so the camera will work correctly.

John, Just to be 100% clear If I use the cuddeback brand of cable for external power usage it will connect to a 12v battery and reduce it to 9v so the camera will work correctly.
correct , if its a 6D internal battery camera like K series, or j with a 6D back i would run the camera empty though, if its a 4D camera you can put alkaline d's in the camera as back up

When I was looking at the website it states that 12v will work. Correct me if I’m wrong I want to know 100% before ruining a camera. Thanks View attachment 68327
It's really hard to see in the photo, but top left by the gray plug is a 1/2"x1-1/2" capsule with a circuit board that adjusts the voltage. It needs to be kept dry. Most put SLA battery and this portion of cable in ammo box .
FYI, pulling voltage below 85% with SLA battery causes damage reducing capacity. By the time you see ext low on a report with this cable, voltage on SLA will be below 9v. Either use solar on this setup or recharge battery often.

It's really hard to see in the photo, but top left by the gray plug is a 1/2"x1-1/2" capsule with a circuit board that adjusts the voltage. It needs to be kept dry. Most put SLA battery and this portion of cable in ammo box .
FYI, pulling voltage below 85% with SLA battery causes damage reducing capacity. By the time you see ext low on a report with this cable, voltage on SLA will be below 9v. Either use solar on this setup or recharge battery often.
I was thinking about going the lithium battery route. As advice on that?

Can anyone explain to me how amp hours work with D cell batteries? Do you lose Amp hours when putting the D cell batteries in Series to gain voltage? I am trying to calculate the amount of amp hours I will need in a 12 volt battery to make it last longer than the 4 D batteries that I am currently running.

Can anyone explain to me how amp hours work with D cell batteries? Do you lose Amp hours when putting the D cell batteries in Series to gain voltage? I am trying to calculate the amount of amp hours I will need in a 12 volt battery to make it last longer than the 4 D batteries that I am currently running.
In series, voltage increases, amp hours remains the same. Parallel amp hours increases, voltage remains the same.

I have good success (other applications, not cameras) using the cheap lithium 12v packs off ebay. I avoid all the goofy features like bluetooth etc. Most all include a BMS and protection circuit. Charges voltages differ from lead-acid and require a lithium specific charger.

In series, voltage increases, amp hours remains the same. Parallel amp hours increases, voltage remains the same.
I have been looking online and it is staring that a D cell battery has around 10,000 mAh which would equal 10 Ah at 6v.
If i were to run a 12v battery with the cuddeback cord what would you all suggest for amp hours?

I bought a couple of Cheaper LiFePo4 batteries and the special charger. They work OK, but don't last as long as I thought they would and there's no ext low, just dead. Lithium doesn't fade away.

I have been looking online and it is staring that a D cell battery has around 10,000 mAh which would equal 10 Ah at 6v.
If i were to run a 12v battery with the cuddeback cord what would you all suggest for amp hours?
i can tell you this almost everyone that tries 12 volt external batteries and then switches to Cuddeback solar panels wishes they went to solar panels first.