Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I’ve made the mistake of choosing the wrong battery for my j series camera can someone help me it says battery dead and can’t figure out how to fix it.
Take the batteries out and wait for the capacitor to drain and the screen to go blank. Put fresh batteries in and reprogram.

I’ve made the mistake of choosing the wrong battery for my j series camera can someone help me it says battery dead and can’t figure out how to fix it.
you need to get 9 volts to the camera, if you dont have an external battery pack - open the battery door and line up to more d cells with the 4 in the camera, connect them with a butter knife or a piece of metal and then it should power up so you can change it in commands , it helps to have another person .

Take two additional D batteries and with battery door open stack them use a paper lip across to complete circuit when camera powers up go through settings and make changes. Might require some help.

you need to get 9 volts to the camera, if you dont have an external battery pack - open the battery door and line up to more d cells with the 4 in the camera, connect them with a butter knife or a piece of metal and then it should power up so you can change it in commands , it helps to have another person .
Thank you John back in action 4 cameras out and 2 more on way love the system.

I'm confused on G-5109 (on the website now) vs K-5789 (not on the website, but listed in 2020 brochure. many sellers list as obsolete) and if Verizon cell is $10 /month or $15. Trouble with internet is old documents persist for too long.
I have no experience with Cuddes, but interested in trying one to start. Hunting area 2 hrs from my home. That's a long drive just to see if the food plot sprouted yet.

I'm confused on G-5109 (on the website now) vs K-5789 (not on the website, but listed in 2020 brochure. many sellers list as obsolete) and if Verizon cell is $10 /month or $15. Trouble with internet is old documents persist for too long.
I have no experience with Cuddes, but interested in trying one to start. Hunting area 2 hrs from my home. That's a long drive just to see if the food plot sprouted yet.
lowest cost options for cell plan is $10 a month for up to 24 cameras, there are other plan options if you need more data, if you do it annual or monthly the cost changes, lowest price is a $10 annual plan, highest is unlimited monthly for $40 , several other options in between those , all can cover up to 24 cameras.
K and G are very similar , you want the G since it works better with he power accessories, G takes 4 D cells , the K took 6, other than that they are essentially the same. the K needs a plan to work, the G can work as a cell home of non cell unit without a plan. Buy the G to start your network.

J, thanks for the advice. Got the G-5109 on the way for $157 US.
I'm not fer sure what to do about the remote camera. Since all my camera sets are in the bottom lands, common sense says the hills are in between. Don't want to get a Remote camera just to find out that they can't connect. I can get a second G-5109 and set it as "remote", right? If connection to Home is successful, good. If the topography is too onerous, I would have the choice to pay for a second cell plan if I want to have 2 cameras, capiche? $10/month (or $20) isn't bad, compared to $55 gas to go check cams in person.
It would be way cool to have a DEVICE to carry around the woods and test connectivity to HOME. But it would prolly still be 1/4 the price of a cam, and then useless after the network is set up. Maybe an attachment that plugs into the iPhone. I got a FLIR camera that plugs into the lightning port, and it is way cool. But I'm going off-topic again. February goes better if we are specifying and buying more hunting toys. This is fun.

J, thanks for the advice. Got the G-5109 on the way for $157 US.
I'm not fer sure what to do about the remote camera. Since all my camera sets are in the bottom lands, common sense says the hills are in between. Don't want to get a Remote camera just to find out that they can't connect. I can get a second G-5109 and set it as "remote", right? If connection to Home is successful, good. If the topography is too onerous, I would have the choice to pay for a second cell plan if I want to have 2 cameras, capiche? $10/month (or $20) isn't bad, compared to $55 gas to go check cams in person.
It would be way cool to have a DEVICE to carry around the woods and test connectivity to HOME. But it would prolly still be 1/4 the price of a cam, and then useless after the network is set up. Maybe an attachment that plugs into the iPhone. I got a FLIR camera that plugs into the lightning port, and it is way cool. But I'm going off-topic again. February goes better if we are specifying and buying more hunting toys. This is fun.
G5109 can ONLY be a home so dont buy two thinking one can be a remote or a home. If you buy one remote, and set up the home you can use the remote to carry it around the property and determine where it can stay connected and you can also daisy chain them so hilly terrain isnt an issue as long as you have enough cameras to link them all. You can test all of this without even buying a cell plan , lots of cuddelink customers use our cams in hilly terrain with great success.

Since all my camera sets are in the bottom lands, common sense says the hills are in between. Don't want to get a Remote camera just to find out that they can't connect.

If the system works as a daisy chain then you could use another camera as a relay.

G5109 can ONLY be a home so dont buy two thinking one can be a remote or a home. If you buy one remote, and set up the home you can use the remote to carry it around the property and determine where it can stay connected and you can also daisy chain them so hilly terrain isnt an issue as long as you have enough cameras to link them all. You can test all of this without even buying a cell plan , lots of cuddelink customers use our cams in hilly terrain with great success.
Thanks for the clear response. Your presence on this forum is a valuable resource and way better than trying to find manuals, waiting on chatbots, or talking to someone in Ooverthereistan. fyi, the brochure I'm looking at (yes, I found some) has a STEP ONE 'choose your home', STEP TWO, 'choose your remote' etc. And STEP ONE says the G series cell camera can be used as "Home, Remote, Repeater". I'm not sniping you! I'm saying the marketing guys sometimes don't get the details right. So, with different information from you vs the brochure, I am going with what you said. And, thanks for the reminder that I can check connectivity between cameras before I set up the cell account. Good advice!

If the system works as a daisy chain then you could use another camera as a relay.
Yes, I understand the value of the daisy chain feature. Right now my main interest is seeing the growth in one game patch, so I know if my seeds sprouted etc. I also set up 3 to 5 other cams to look for bucks. So theoretically I could try 4 Cudde cams right where I want them, and the hills and woods block communication. It's an easy fix to set 2 more cams as repeaters and that would prolly work. But that's another $400 to add 2 cameras that I don't really need. and the batteries and theft locks. 6 cameras instead of 4. At that point, I would say keep the cellular watching the game patch, and continue to pull cards on the other traditional cameras.
Just a question of how badly I want the cell link benefits for all camera locations.

Thanks for the clear response. Your presence on this forum is a valuable resource and way better than trying to find manuals, waiting on chatbots, or talking to someone in Ooverthereistan. fyi, the brochure I'm looking at (yes, I found some) has a STEP ONE 'choose your home', STEP TWO, 'choose your remote' etc. And STEP ONE says the G series cell camera can be used as "Home, Remote, Repeater". I'm not sniping you! I'm saying the marketing guys sometimes don't get the details right. So, with different information from you vs the brochure, I am going with what you said. And, thanks for the reminder that I can check connectivity between cameras before I set up the cell account. Good advice!
heres the current manual, the printed manual is outdated since firmware has changed multiple times and it woudl be impossible ot send out new printed manuals to all retailers given we dont even know who has what left in stock regarding previous models and current model cameras. https://www.cuddeback.com/pdfs/20_Cuddeback_Setup_Manual_rev2.pdf make sure all your cameras have matching firmware before heading to the field or trying them out. this video is very good and what i tell people to use when initially setting up a system WATCHED 55:24 Now playing

Yes, I understand the value of the daisy chain feature. Right now my main interest is seeing the growth in one game patch, so I know if my seeds sprouted etc. I also set up 3 to 5 other cams to look for bucks. So theoretically I could try 4 Cudde cams right where I want them, and the hills and woods block communication. It's an easy fix to set 2 more cams as repeaters and that would prolly work. But that's another $400 to add 2 cameras that I don't really need. and the batteries and theft locks. 6 cameras instead of 4. At that point, I would say keep the cellular watching the game patch, and continue to pull cards on the other traditional cameras.
Just a question of how badly I want the cell link benefits for all camera locations.
give us some details on the acreage and elevation change inside it and i can give you a better idea of what and how it will work for you before you buy

If the terrain allows, you could also go around hills and keep your cameras all in the bottoms.

If the terrain allows, you could also go around hills and keep your cameras all in the bottoms.
Given the short transmission range of these cams at 900 mhz, he would need a lot of cams or a pretty small hill. :emoji_relaxed:

I have a roughly 80’ elevation chain and have had one close to bottom and one within 50 yards of the very top and haven’t had any problems during fall or summer

I have a roughly 80’ elevation chain and have had one close to bottom and one within 50 yards of the very top and haven’t had any problems during fall or summer

Water is a big attenuator at 900 mhz. This can come from atmospheric conditions as well as water in leaves or pine needles.

Even one unit (especially the home unit) at a higher elevation will let you cover miles of terrain in many situations, we have thousands of Cuddelink users in bluff country using the system because its the only way they can cover their property as a result of poor cell service at the bottom of the bluffs while LTE service is attainable on top of the bluffs. In recent firmware updates Cuddelink further randomized their channel system to help prevent other networks from interfering . We have had cameras connect to each other in bluff country as far as 5 miles apart.

There are FCC regulations that limit the output power of these 900 mhz devices. There is a huge difference in how far radios can communicate and at what data rate between applications where there is direct line of sight and more typical terrain/vegetation in much of deer country. Frequency hopping and other spread spectrum techniques have been around from many years. Interference at these frequencies in the 900 mhz spectrum are more problematic in more populated areas. 5 mile connections are about the theoretical limit under pristine conditions. There is also a bit difference between making a connection and being able to transmit a significant amount of data at useable data rated. The lower the signal levels, the more errors and retransmissions that are needed. This results in higher power consumption. When transmission times become too long, pictures can begin to stack up. RF transmission is much more power expensive than actual camera operation. Some of the less expensive systems limit data transmission to thumbnails rather than full resolution pictures to reduce the amount of data transmitted.

give us some details on the acreage and elevation change inside it and i can give you a better idea of what and how it will work for you before you buy
downloaded PDFs from the county gis site, but dunno how to display them. time for sleep now.
The camera that showed up was a 5185 instead of the 5109. that's a cell camera with no cuddelink. So, it's back in the box and shipping out tomorrow. Have a different 5109 on the way.