Cuddeback's Cuddelink

right now, the system is ok. I plan on putting another three cameras down there. I foresee the biggest problem being the cameras will all have to daisy chain through the one repeater. I think the biggest problem is lack of cell service. If I had cell service in that area and could put the Cell cam in the middle of it, I would be Ok. As it is, the cell service is only on the very NE corner - so every camera has to send that direction.

I put my cell unit on top of a ridge that is 80-100ft above most of the cameras. This gets me link levels in the 90s to a camera 150yds away and below it, in the 60s up to 250yds away. In comparison, another camera 250yds away but at similar elevation (signal must go through trees the whole way) was in the 40s.

When you say "usable" signal level, YMMV. My cameras don't get the level of traffic others here get, but I have a camera that runs level 12-16 most of the time and it doesn't seem to impact getting pics.

I put my cell unit on top of a ridge that is 80-100ft above most of the cameras. This gets me link levels in the 90s to a camera 150yds away and below it, in the 60s up to 250yds away. In comparison, another camera 250yds away but at similar elevation (signal must go through trees the whole way) was in the 40s.

When you say "usable" signal level, YMMV. My cameras don't get the level of traffic others here get, but I have a camera that runs level 12-16 most of the time and it doesn't seem to impact getting pics.

I have one camera at 16 and it doesnt seem to be sending when at that level. One day it was in the 40’s and sent - so I dont know. It is 250 yards from the next closest camera

When placing a camera or home unit to be used primarily as a repeater - is it better to have the repeater closer to the camera that is jumping to it, although the repeater would have a lower CL Level - or is it better to have the repeater with a higher CL LEVEL - but farther from the camera that is jumping to it?

It’s really not that important other than you want the repeater and all cameras to be in excess of 20 for a cl level , the higher the better ,

Had a quick question. Whole system (1k and 4j) has been running great. Last night I stopped getting pictures about 7pm and didn't get a report for the first time. All battery levels showed "ok" as of last night's report. Can they go dead that quickly before it would show "low" on the report?

Had a quick question. Whole system (1k and 4j) has been running great. Last night I stopped getting pictures about 7pm and didn't get a report for the first time. All battery levels showed "ok" as of last night's report. Can they go dead that quickly before it would show "low" on the report?

Yes

I’d pull the meta data on the last picture from the home cam and see what the battery % is at.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

I’d pull the meta data on the last picture from the home cam and see what the battery % is at.
I searched the thread to find which one I needed. BP 75%. I believe the possibility of theft to be quite low due to the spot it is in, and the python lock attaching it to the tree.

Any other possibilities? I'm running Rayovacs in all cameras.

I searched the thread to find which one I needed. BP 75%. I believe the possibility of theft to be quite low due to the spot it is in, and the python lock attaching it to the tree.

Any other possibilities? I'm running Rayovacs in all cameras.

Photos stopped after 21 days of use and just over 1000 pictures. Sending hourly.

Went and checked the camera. Had a Cell TX error code which I searched on the thread already. Hopefully don't have it happen again and have to drive out there.

Went and checked the camera. Had a Cell TX error code which I searched on the thread already. Hopefully don't have it happen again and have to drive out there.
cell tx isnt an error code but if it stays on that for more than 10 minutes you need to restart the camera and move it to another area. sometimes only a short distance as its likely a cell signal issue. It ca also help to change the SD Card. A flashing "Cell tx" can also mean its in the process of transmitting via cell network. This typically takes under 10 minutes.

I am confused, received the 3358 Battery Booster today in hopes to work with my new J cameras. Confused on the voltage, new J's take 4 ea D's = 6 volts and booster takes 6 ea D's = 9 volts??? Will this work? Received the following cables:

IMG_0943.jpg

I am confused, received the 3358 Battery Booster today in hopes to work with my new J cameras. Confused on the voltage, new J's take 4 ea D's = 6 volts and booster takes 6 ea D's = 9 volts??? Will this work? Received the following cables:

View attachment 31920
Yes it will run in external first until it dies and then switch to internals . It will show this on the report . The top cable is the one you want. Make sure your firmware is updated before u install the 4 d pack on the j

View attachment 31920
Yes it will run in external first until it dies and then switch to internals . It will show this on the report . The top cable is the one you want. Make sure your firmware is updated before u install the 4 d pack on the j

Just to clarify the J’s (J-2) are the new style with D packs already installed that came with the Black Friday deal.

Firmware is 8.1 on all cameras in the system.

John thanks for all the help on this thread!

Just to clarify the J’s (J-2) are the new style with D packs already installed that came with the Black Friday deal.

Firmware is 8.1 on all cameras in the system.

John thanks for all the help on this thread!

then just plug in the boosters and you are all set. stay with rayovac high energy batteries.

Hey folks, brand new to Cudde's and the forum. This thread has provided me some priceless information so I would like to start by saying thank you to those who have shared their input, trial and errors, and replies.
I'm doing my best to answer my own questions and not repeat them on here, but with the season opening this weekend I would like to try and expedite getting the right accessories ordered and on the way ASAP to get my tiny system deployed and operational. I will run these without solar, and use the recommended Rayovac blue and silver high energy D batteries for now since my property is only 30 min away.

1 K-5789
2 J-1415
They are activated and ready to go, and I will be doing the Gen2 FW update this afternoon.

From what I've gathered on here, on the J cams I believe I am going to convert to AA' to D's with the PW-3594 and add the 3358 6-D booster pack.
Q's: Is this all compatible? With the 3358 added, will I still get the capacity of the internal D's in the 3594? Am I correct in thinking the J's will not mount on the 3358, and will have to mount separated? If so, do the standard genius mounts included with the 3358 come with straps?

On the K cam, I believe I am going to add the PW-3563 Dual Power Bank
Q's: Is this all compatible? With the 3573 added, will I still get the capacity of the internal D's in the K-5789?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and advice. I can already tell this new (to me) technology will most likely consume myself, my bank account, and possibly a relationship.:emoji_laughing:

change out your J cam aa packs with he 3594 like you listed and then use either a 3358 6 d booster with them and the K camera. The 3358 was recently replaced with the new version which is a pw 3624 but they are the exact same item. so either one will work.You should get 150-180 days total with those set ups. I would skip the dual power bank unless you want to run the k empty. . Yes the straps and mounts come with the battery packs . The booster wont show up on the report on the k camera but it will still give you longer life.

Thank you for your response. I ordered an extra 3358/3624 booster pack and will be returning the dual power bank since that runtime even on the low end would suit me. Just have to get my settings adjusted and I should be receiving pictures of world-class raccoons and 2yo dinks in no time.

Having issues with 4- 3600 solar panels I put on 3 series cameras and one home unit. I charged them for 3 days in full sun before I deployed. Had them show ext ok for about 6 days and after all went to ext low and now 2 have died because report just shows OK and nothing about ext. I’m really disappointed in them for the price and not to mention this farm Is about 250 miles from my me in Kentucky. I run 6 other Js with extended battery pack on same farm with no issues but the Gs and the home unit I was going for a solar solution. I’ve tried to call cuddeback for 2.5 weeks and left messages for help but no call back- I guess they are shutdown with Covid issues. Can anyone help ? Can I piggyback an additional through the 3600 unit? Anyone with same issues? Thanks

Having issues with 4- 3600 solar panels I put on 3 series cameras and one home unit. I charged them for 3 days in full sun before I deployed. Had them show ext ok for about 6 days and after all went to ext low and now 2 have died because report just shows OK and nothing about ext. I’m really disappointed in them for the price and not to mention this farm Is about 250 miles from my me in Kentucky. I run 6 other Js with extended battery pack on same farm with no issues but the Gs and the home unit I was going for a solar solution. I’ve tried to call cuddeback for 2.5 weeks and left messages for help but no call back- I guess they are shutdown with Covid issues. Can anyone help ? Can I piggyback an additional through the 3600 unit? Anyone with same issues? Thanks

if you are running these on G's with 4 rayovac high energy in them in Full sun they should last but know that they can switch back and forth from the solar to the alkaline as needed. the Internal batteries in the 3600 are only about 7.4 volts so if the panel cant keep up they will switch to the internal until the panel charges them back up. If you have had continual days without sun this can happen, especially if the camera are getting a good number of pics. you shouldnt piggyback another pack but you can add additional internal batteries to the 3600 solar .

if you are running these on G's with 4 rayovac high energy in them in Full sun they should last but know that they can switch back and forth from the solar to the alkaline as needed. the Internal batteries in the 3600 are only about 7.4 volts so if the panel cant keep up they will switch to the internal until the panel charges them back up. If you have had continual days without sun this can happen, especially if the camera are getting a good number of pics. you shouldnt piggyback another pack but you can add additional internal batteries to the 3600 solar .

How can I add additional internal batteries to solar panels? If so what kind?

Also you are talking the rayovac high energy for the internal batteries of the actual camera correct?
Thank you