Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Needing help. I have a problem with camera sending pictures. We bought a new system in September and had no issues what so ever. Was planning on updating firm after season. Normally the pictures come in batches of 31 to email about every couple hours and probably a total of 8 times a day. It is set to send every 12 hours but has never done that. I assume the reasoning is because of data would be to large of a file. Now to the problem I have encountered the last 3 days. Replaced the batteries in home camera when arrived at property on Thursday. Recieved pictures after that like normal until sunday and of course by that time I'm 3 states away. Now it is only sending a test email around 3am and only a few pictures around that same time. One night it did send a report and it showed that all cameras are working and taking plenty of pictures and storing them. Why is the home camera not sending pictures and just sending test overall? Thanks for the help in advance.

I am having a multitude of issues with my cameras ( 6 J-series, and 1 K series home). I have had 6-7 hunts over different camera locations this year and on EVERY hunt I have watched deer walk directly in front of the camera (less than 20 ft) and no picture was captured/ transmitted. This past Saturday morning I had 4 separate deer come into a scape with a camera over it. I received 1 picture. I have one camera that was set maybe 20 ft off a heavy trail intersection where I also set a mock scrape... I have not received a single picture all year, despite the scrape being active and heavy trails in the surrounding area. It feels like these cameras work, at best, 50% of the time.

Hoping that John/ someone else on here can help, because Cuddeback customer support is completely useless. Far and away the worst customer support for a product that I have ever purchased. They do not answer the phone, and emails take 4-5+ days between responses. I contacted customer support on October 19th, and so far the only trouble shooting help I have gotten is to change the SD cards in the cameras, even though the SD cards I am using are the exact SD cards they recommend and nowhere near even 50% capacity. This is very clearly an issue with the sensors in the cameras and not the SD cards, but they refuse to acknowledge that. They have told me aside from changing the SD cards "there is nothing else they can do to help me". Seriously??

New issues that I've also since experienced
- Significantly delayed image transmission. I have the cell rate set to every hour, but images are taking several hours to be transmitted. I am only receiving a handful of images in each email, so its not like the system is overloaded. I'll get a picture from a location that was taken at 8:20am delivered at 9am, but then at another picture from the same location that was taken at 8:22 am won't get delivered until 3pm.

- My systems seems to have stopped working entirely now. I haven't received a single picture since 5pm yesterday and have also not received a report this morning for the first time. I had been receiving pictures every hour yesterday, and there is a zero percent chance that there just hasn't been activity ion front of one of my 7 cameras since 5pm yesterday.

My property is 3.5 hours away, so I'm not able to just just pop over and troubleshoot.

I am having a multitude of issues with my cameras ( 6 J-series, and 1 K series home). I have had 6-7 hunts over different camera locations this year and on EVERY hunt I have watched deer walk directly in front of the camera (less than 20 ft) and no picture was captured/ transmitted. This past Saturday morning I had 4 separate deer come into a scape with a camera over it. I received 1 picture. I have one camera that was set maybe 20 ft off a heavy trail intersection where I also set a mock scrape... I have not received a single picture all year, despite the scrape being active and heavy trails in the surrounding area. It feels like these cameras work, at best, 50% of the time.

Hoping that John/ someone else on here can help, because Cuddeback customer support is completely useless. Far and away the worst customer support for a product that I have ever purchased. They do not answer the phone, and emails take 4-5+ days between responses. I contacted customer support on October 19th, and so far the only trouble shooting help I have gotten is to change the SD cards in the cameras, even though the SD cards I am using are the exact SD cards they recommend and nowhere near even 50% capacity. This is very clearly an issue with the sensors in the cameras and not the SD cards, but they refuse to acknowledge that. They have told me aside from changing the SD cards "there is nothing else they can do to help me". Seriously??

New issues that I've also since experienced
- Significantly delayed image transmission. I have the cell rate set to every hour, but images are taking several hours to be transmitted. I am only receiving a handful of images in each email, so its not like the system is overloaded. I'll get a picture from a location that was taken at 8:20am delivered at 9am, but then at another picture from the same location that was taken at 8:22 am won't get delivered until 3pm.

- My systems seems to have stopped working entirely now. I haven't received a single picture since 5pm yesterday and have also not received a report this morning for the first time. I had been receiving pictures every hour yesterday, and there is a zero percent chance that there just hasn't been activity ion front of one of my 7 cameras since 5pm yesterday.

My property is 3.5 hours away, so I'm not able to just just pop over and troubleshoot.
These cameras are real finicky about aim and settings . What version firmware are you using. Are all cameras on same FW? What lens do you have in camera? How high are the cameras mounted? If you use Facebook go to the Cuddeback users of America page and read through the Popular Topics.

These cameras are real finicky about aim and settings . What version firmware are you using. Are all cameras on same FW? What lens do you have in camera? How high are the cameras mounted? If you use Facebook go to the Cuddeback users of America page and read through the Popular Topics.
All cameras have version 8.1 and the new style fresnal lenses. Cuddeback sent me new lenses for 4 of my cameras last year because I had a similar issue with my home camera not capturing any pictures. The rest are new models purchased within the last few months. The cameras are all mounted about 5-6 ft off the ground, angled slightly downwards depending on the terrain.

I appreciate the referral to the facebook page. However, it is a complete joke that I am having to browse through internet forums to try to figure this out on my own and cant't get a response from customer support. It has been 18 days since I contacted Cuddeback about this issue. Literally the only thing they have told me I can do is change the SD cards. I have been waiting (for 4 days now) for an explanation as to why changing the SD cards is going to solve the problem when I am already using brand new SD cards they recommend.

All cameras have version 8.1 and the new style fresnal lenses. Cuddeback sent me new lenses for 4 of my cameras last year because I had a similar issue with my home camera not capturing any pictures. The rest are new models purchased within the last few months. The cameras are all mounted about 5-6 ft off the ground, angled slightly downwards depending on the terrain.
There's your problem. Put the cameras at about mid-thigh to waist high and aim them parallel to the ground. I am surprised you haven't come across this advice yet either on here, the facebook page, or the Cuddeback instruction manual.

I had the same issues as I was deploying cameras. There is a learning curve for sure, but once you figure it out, I believe the motion sensors are as good or better than similarly priced cameras on the market.

There's your problem. Put the cameras at about mid-thigh to waist high and aim them parallel to the ground. I am surprised you haven't come across this advice yet either on here, the facebook page, or the Cuddeback instruction manual.

I had the same issues as I was deploying cameras. There is a learning curve for sure, but once you figure it out, I believe the motion sensors are as good or better than similarly priced cameras on the market.
Do you notice deer picking up on the cameras if you place them right at their eye level? I have read through the manual and it does recommend placing them at that height, but I have also talked to people who run these cameras and heard other recommendations to put the cameras in a slightly elevated position above the deer and angle them downwards slightly to avoid deer picking up on them.

Do you notice deer picking up on the cameras if you place them right at their eye level? I have read through the manual and it does recommend placing them at that height, but I have also talked to people who run these cameras and heard other recommendations to put the cameras in a slightly elevated position above the deer and angle them downwards slightly to avoid deer picking up on them.
I have all forms of cams and all forms of flashes (black, powerhouse, long range ir, and strobe). I have never had issues with deer avoiding cameras or areas because of cameras or their flash source. I was worried about the same because with other cameras I have placed them like yourself, at about 6-7 feet pointed downwards. If at all possible, take a chip reader with you when deploying your cameras and try a few different angles of you walking by. It is absolutely worth the time to get it right and then leave the cams. The walking test on the cameras can help, but I would recommend just checking what is triggered and how with captured images at various heights and angles.

I'll try moving them down and seeing if the detection gets any better, but I did do the walk test with each camera before I deployed them, and the height never appeared to be an issue with triggering the camera.

Any ideas as to why my system would be down entirely right now? Stopped receiving images as of 5pm yesterday. Battery life is not the problem...

Figured out my issue...squirrel chewed on antenna and pulled it away from camera slightly push back together and cell test successful quickly

Is there anyway to change the time it sends out pictures? Before update it use to send out at 6am and 6pm...now is 12PM and 12AM

As others have stated the height is critical for maximum detection. For potential theft reasons I mounted all of my cameras originally about 12 feet in the air with a climber. Got great pictures if deer hit one particular spot. Closer or farther away and nothing. I have since went to mounting cameras barely over knee high. It makes a huge difference! For visualization of detection zone try laying a laser pointer against side of camera at lens height. I have pondered testing camera and drawing a line on side of cameras to identify the exact plane of lens.

As for deer detecting cameras I have become a firm believer in they don’t care. I have seen multiple pic sequences where you can tell deer heard the lens click and then approach camera to either investigate or complete their glamour shots shoot. Some of those are pretty comical. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needing help. I have a problem with camera sending pictures. We bought a new system in September and had no issues what so ever. Was planning on updating firm after season. Normally the pictures come in batches of 31 to email about every couple hours and probably a total of 8 times a day. It is set to send every 12 hours but has never done that. I assume the reasoning is because of data would be to large of a file. Now to the problem I have encountered the last 3 days. Replaced the batteries in home camera when arrived at property on Thursday. Recieved pictures after that like normal until sunday and of course by that time I'm 3 states away. Now it is only sending a test email around 3am and only a few pictures around that same time. One night it did send a report and it showed that all cameras are working and taking plenty of pictures and storing them. Why is the home camera not sending pictures and just sending test overall? Thanks for the help in advance.
Still not receiving pictures just a test message every morning

I’ve just purchased a cuddlelink system I have one K camera the takes good pictures such as this one.
4391045fc9e285c9a0e10e491ff4e530.jpg

And it has this red symbol at the bottom left.
I also have some J series cameras that don’t take good night pictures such as this.
82ad6677c2efee4abdf976a6776f9ecd.jpg

And it has the black symbol.
I’ve changed my IR commands but nothing has worked.
Can any one explain this to me because as some of you said cuddleback support is a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the red is IR flash and the Black is Black Flash based on my cameras. Is your J a Black Flash J1422 or J1538.

They are J1538.

They are J1538.

So I think what I said is correct red is it and black is black flash.

3 year with my cuddelink system, they have worked perfect in the past. Have issues with my cell home base station. Keep getting error3 when trying to turn on, none of the button will work when this error happens. I’ve tried new batteries, new SD card and nothing will work. Please help.

3 year with my cuddelink system, they have worked perfect in the past. Have issues with my cell home base station. Keep getting error3 when trying to turn on, none of the button will work when this error happens. I’ve tried new batteries, new SD card and nothing will work. Please help.
Did you let the screen go blank after removing the old batteries? If you press that Mode button after you remove the batteries the lcd screen will come back on. Press buttons until Ir goes blank.