Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I have one J camera that went down in 70 days having taken 74 images; this is about half the life I get on the other 5 cameras. I swapped batteries in 5 cameras using the same batch of batteries from Costco (ie fresh), and this same camera is now reporting low battery in 35 days having taken 135 images. I expect I should send it in?

I have one J camera that went down in 70 days having taken 74 images; this is about half the life I get on the other 5 cameras. I swapped batteries in 5 cameras using the same batch of batteries from Costco (ie fresh), and this same camera is now reporting low battery in 35 days having taken 135 images. I expect I should send it in?
i would not send a j camera in that had 70 days of life especially if this is with the replacement 6 d battery pack or using aa's - there are other factors that could cause this camera to die quicker than others. Image count is not the only determining factor.
is it linking other cameras to the home?
what is the battery pack on it or is the stock aa pack ?
what is the CL level on it in its current position ?
what firmware version is on it ? and does it match the others cameras and home unit.

i would not send a j camera in that had 70 days of life especially if this is with the replacement 6 d battery pack or using aa's - there are other factors that could cause this camera to die quicker than others. Image count is not the only determining factor.
is it linking other cameras to the home?
what is the battery pack on it or is the stock aa pack ?
what is the CL level on it in its current position ?
what firmware version is on it ? and does it match the others cameras and home unit.

The whole system is on firmware 7.6.0 which was most current when they were deployed. It only got 35 days before registering low on this set of D batteries. This camera is closest to the transmitter and has the highest CL level on the system, 94 and ranges ~92-98. I'm not sure how to tell how many cameras it's linking home, but Links reads 1.

My test-until-dead camera had a CL level ~20 and went 135 days with 1 link. Whole system was battery swapped about 120 days, cameras with up to 3 links, higher pic counts, I can't see anything different with this cam except it goes dead much more quickly than others and that it has the highest CL level.

The whole system is on firmware 7.6.0 which was most current when they were deployed. It only got 35 days before registering low on this set of D batteries. This camera is closest to the transmitter and has the highest CL level on the system, 94 and ranges ~92-98. I'm not sure how to tell how many cameras it's linking home, but Links reads 1.

My test-until-dead camera had a CL level ~20 and went 135 days with 1 link. Whole system was battery swapped about 120 days, cameras with up to 3 links, higher pic counts, I can't see anything different with this cam except it goes dead much more quickly than others and that it has the highest CL level.

Troubleshooting 101- "Never trust a battery". Do you have any of the first pictures it took? If so, look in the metadata at the BL #. Compare first pic to the oldest pic that you may have.

I was patting myself on the back because my cameras were still on Ext Bat Low after 125+ days. I looked in metadata and I have been on internals for awhile. So I am sure my cameras will go from Ext Low to dead without even showing "Int Ok" or whatever it shows for internals.

Last edited:
the relay on cuddeback's site sends to all addresses at once that are on your account so if you are receiving them at one address but not the other its on your provider not on cuddeback and definitely has nothing to do with your dual cell.
Some phone providers meter the amount of images you can receive on one text. As an example, ATT meters to a max of 1mb so that would be about 20 cuddelink images depending on how many are black and white and how many are full color. I would play with your batch setting until you hit a number your cell provider can text , start at batch 15 or less if your system can keep up.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-14641/

ok if this is the closest camera to your home unit and multiple other cameras are using it as a link that would explain why its using more battery than the rest, If none of the other cameras are using it as a link then its a possibility its the camera or the battery pack.

Yup been on order since July when I ordered my cams. Local dealership called the bow shed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
i would touch base with your dealer again, any dealer that had some on order should have received some by now. If you need a place to pick some up pm me and ill get you a few places that have them.
In already payed for 10 of them he reached out to the rep friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I’m in my stand this morning and one of my double strobe G series goes off. It was about 7:20 am and still dark. I have my K home set to transmit every 2 hours so I get pictures at 6:00 8:00 etc. I got 3 pictures from different cameras at 8:00am, 31 pictures at 10:00am and 1 at 12:00 and none of these pictures are from the camera that flashed this morning. What gives?

So I’m in my stand this morning and one of my double strobe G series goes off. It was about 7:20 am and still dark. I have my K home set to transmit every 2 hours so I get pictures at 6:00 8:00 etc. I got 3 pictures from different cameras at 8:00am, 31 pictures at 10:00am and 1 at 12:00 and none of these pictures are from the camera that flashed this morning. What gives?
What kind of signal you have on that camera?

What kind of signal you have on that camera?
This mornings report was 94. It’s not that far from the cell.

Any other camera's linking through it? I have my rate set at 10. My pictures come to me all scattered out. You would think the best signal would have priority, but evidently not.

Last edited:
Any other camera's linking through it? I have my rate set at 10. My pictures come to me all scattered out. You would think the best signal would have priority, but evidently not.
No all my cameras go directly back to home. Now I’m wondering how many pictures I might have missed.

At next report, see if you have any in the queue for that camera.

I’ll check it out. Thanks. I went back through the last 10 days of reports and there are days that camera reports a signal of 99. Seems kind of high to me.

I’ll check it out. Thanks. I went back through the last 10 days of reports and there are days that camera reports a signal of 99. Seems kind of high to me.

I have one at 99. It is real close to home camera. I had 1 that was below 20, but it quit connecting. Which is a good thing, because now I am not backlogging the queue at all.

ok if this is the closest camera to your home unit and multiple other cameras are using it as a link that would explain why its using more battery than the rest, If none of the other cameras are using it as a link then its a possibility its the camera or the battery pack.

I'll note that in the entire life of this network...about 160 days...I'm at around 1100 pics. In the brief battery life of this camera, the entire network captured less than 300 photos. Even if every single photo went through this camera as a relay, it doesn't add up, given the volume of photos others report on this system.

For those of yall that run cameras on bait sites, what time delay are yall using? I put 1 of my cameras on a feeder and bumped the delay up to 30 seconds but that's obviously not near enough. Its backlogged like 300 images and is a day and a half behind now.

For those of yall that run cameras on bait sites, what time delay are yall using? I put 1 of my cameras on a feeder and bumped the delay up to 30 seconds but that's obviously not near enough. Its backlogged like 300 images and is a day and a half behind now.

Lol.. Yep, I been there. I had my home camera Rate set at 10, all cameras on 5sec Delay and was getting 200-300 pics/day. I had 1 camera on the fringe at 14-16 signal. It stayed maxed out at 250. It then started back logging my camera’s with a good signal. That camera is off the network now and nothing backlogging now.

Make sure all camera signal’s are 25+ and you home camera not in a bottom.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced issues with the battery springs in the bottom of the CuddePower AA external battery packs (Model 3518)? I have 13 cameras & 2 repeaters linked to my home Cell Link (Model 2153) purchased and installed summer of 2018. They all work fine and I have (4) spare 3518 powerpacks that I rotate to the appropriate units when they report 'low'. But almost all of them now seem to rattle when I shake them and it appears that the battery is not making contact with the hinged lid. I had to put 'D' cells in my base unit to make it work. Can I get the 3518's repaired? If that is in fact the issue? I tried 2 different connector wires & all (4) 3518's that I have in hand (several are in the field), but all 4 of these seem to have compressed spring issues.

At next report, see if you have any in the queue for that camera.
According to today’s report there is nothing in the queue but the SD image count went up by 2. I still haven’t received the pictures it took yesterday. The signal is 92.