Create a deer crossing with your turkey gun

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I shoot in the NWTF still target competitions and do a lot of shotgun shell testing in my yard. I keep a hole blown out in the vegetation at the yard fence, and this is where the deer enter and leave the yard to come in and get my apples.

I don't recommend this method of brush clearing, because turkey shells are more expensive than Gly....:)

Nice! When life serves you lemons, I guess you make lemonade.

You must be getting plenty of rain. Every thing is lush green.

Nice! When life serves you lemons, I guess you make lemonade.

Only thing that works better is cutting holes in the fence. That's what I've done on interior fences on my hunting place that used to be a cattle farm. Of course, I made those holes where I wanted them to walk. :D

You must be getting plenty of rain. Every thing is lush green.

Yes, plenty of rain. We started the year in a semi drought, but then everything changed about 2 months ago, and its been flood after flood. Lot's of moisture in the ground right now.

I did some stand maintenance today and wanted to take the weed eater and knock down a path but the freaking wild marijuana is a bitch trying to weed eat. There is a reason there is hemp rope! Maybe I should just take a couple boxes of dove loads and try to blast me a path!:D

What range are you shooting at with your turkey gun?

What range are you shooting at with your turkey gun?

We shoot at 40 yards with the muzzle behind the line. The goal is to put the most shot inside a 3 inch circle at that distance. It would be a lot easier if we could move the circle to the part of the pattern we want, but it doesn't work that way.:) You would be surprised how much just a little wind can move a pattern, and when you have a swirling wind, it isn't much fun.

I did some stand maintenance today and wanted to take the weed eater and knock down a path but the freaking wild marijuana is a bitch trying to weed eat. There is a reason there is hemp rope! Maybe I should just take a couple boxes of dove loads and try to blast me a path!:D

If you ever burned that spot, every hippie in the country would come running.:D

I shot in the KY state NWTF still target championship today, and the recent practice paid off. I won the 12 gauge division and placed second in the 20 gauge division. Thought you might like to see my last winning target in 12 gauge. Had 52 in the red and if it had been 1/4 inch higher I would have broken the current world record of 58 recently set by a teammate. Good fun on a hot sweaty day.

Sampling of some of the high tech guns used in the shoots. The 4th gun down from the end with the thumbhole stock is my 20 gauge. A friend of mine carved this stock from a solid piece of hickory (yes hickory) and did the ebony inlaying. Gave me stock as a gift. I don't deserve a friend like that...LOL.