Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to deal with insurance companies on a daily basis. They made a killing last year because no one went to the doctor. Guess what they tried to do this year? They started with huge premium increases justified by saying everyone that put off a procedure will get it this year. We have won most battles and kept increases small. We have to point out how much they profited last year and in some cases even got a rebate for this year. Long way of saying insurance companies never loose and when they compare this year to last year, next year there will be huge increases.

I was just thinking about the insurance companies, asking if you have been vaccinated, and jacking up premiums this morning, I havent had it happen, but figured it would be the next thing to punish the un vaxinated.

For a vaccine that doesn’t have fda approval?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hair Sniffer in Chief said this today. “We have a pandemic because the unvaccinated and they’re sowing enormous confusion. And the more we learn about this virus and the Delta variation, the more we have to be worried and concerned. And there’s only one thing we know for sure, if those other hundred million people got vaccinated, we’d be in a very different world.” Would we?

Iceland is one of the top 1-2 countries in the world in the percent of their population that is vaccinated with approximately 75% of the population being totally vaccinated. Even with levels close to what most experts have called herd immunity, the number of new cases is spiking. If the virus is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated, why are new cases spiking in Iceland to their highest levels yet? Cases are also spiking in several other countries with high vaccination rates.

iceland.jpgvaccination.jpgUS.jpg

Last edited:
I have a new systom of the virus called farting. We need a gas mask mandate.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I love how you say billions of people all being part of the conspiracy.
This is regard to REPUBLICAN claims of Covid-19 being a "Democratic hoax - a Democratic ploy to make T**** look bad." Do you think billions of people around the globe all conspired in this "Democratic hoax" ??? The pandemic is a GLOBAL problem .............. do you think billions of people worldwide even give a sh*t about T**** or our politics?? If Covid-19 is a hoax - a ploy - a made-up conspiracy (as many Republican folks have claimed on the record) HOW would the world's citizens become sick with Covid-19 in the same year?? And WHY ............ to comply with a political wish here in the U.S.?? Do you even understand the point I was making?? (Why would the whole world take part in a "Democratic hoax / ploy" ?? - That's where the BILLIONS comes from. Covid-19 is a GLOBAL pandemic - it's not just a U.S. problem.)
You do realize that not every sentence needs to end with 5,000 periods
The "periods" as you call them, are signifying a PAUSE in the sentence. They ARE NOT PERIODS .............. and it's clear YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.

It's also VERY CLEAR that many folks don't understand that Covid-19 is a NEW, highly contagious, constantly mutating virus. That means that the landscape for it's effects will keep changing as those mutations progress. The "goal posts" keep moving as the virus mutates into new variants. Does anyone grasp that concept?? For the businessmen out there - picture this. You have a deal / contract all ready to sign .......... terms are agreed to. But just before the other party puts pen to paper - they change their minds and add changes that you weren't prepared for. You now have 2 options - give up and burn the contract (defeat) ............ or try a NEW approach to make it work. It's the same for a mutating virus and how you attack it / mitigate it. The "playing field" keeps changing, so doctors & scientists must take altered steps to try to keep up.

And again ............. I'm NOT ANGRY. I'm A-M-A-Z-E-D.

For this "reality crowd" - when you go out in the snow to hunt deer - those ARE NOT deer tracks you think you see. They are made by kangaroos that had their feet altered by Jewish doctors, who then profit from your purchasing of outdoor hunting equipment. Many people are saying this. EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

I don’t understand why you are getting so worked up if you and your loved ones are vaccinated?
You are all “safe” now right? So what’s the problem?

Why does the rest of the country have to believe and live your way?

This is still America for now right?
Others here have told me to "mind my own business." But they feel they have exclusive "rights" to voice their opinions & beliefs, correct?? If this is America as you say, I should have that same "right" as well - or is America and the "right" to speak only afforded to "certain people" ??

What I CANNOT comprehend is why large numbers of Americans put their trust in the OPINIONS of politicians (not medically trained) - or their yapping, lying mouthpieces - and not real infectious disease experts. Maybe those same people will let me fly their bush plane on a hunt if I tell them I'm a pilot and "know how to fly better than most other pilots." ( I'm NOT trained to fly, but I can talk a good pilot game. )

I'll also NEVER understand how so many unvaccinated people will blow-off the RIGHT TO SAFETY of others (concerning Covid-19), and mix in with other people while claiming "their" rights. Those folks obviously DON'T GIVE A DAMN about other people's "rights" or safety. People on planes and in stores & restaurants now seem to think it's OK to rip off other people's masks, spit on them for wearing one - or beat up on them. The OWNERS of stores, shops and restaurants can't even require masks for people to enter THEIR PROPERTY - THEIR SHOPS - by new REPUBLICAN-WRITTEN "laws." ( and I don't disagree with every Republican policy. ) How is that freedom for the shop owners to protect themselves?? IT IS NOT FREEDOM. Common sense has disappeared in the U.S.

I'm NOT worked up or angry. I'm AMAZED and baffled by the LACK of some old-fashioned common sense about some issues / problems.

This is regard to REPUBLICAN claims of Covid-19 being a "Democratic hoax - a Democratic ploy to make T**** look bad." Do you think billions of people around the globe all conspired in this "Democratic hoax" ??? The pandemic is a GLOBAL problem .............. do you think billions of people worldwide even give a sh*t about T**** or our politics?? If Covid-19 is a hoax - a ploy - a made-up conspiracy (as many Republican folks have claimed on the record) HOW would the world's citizens become sick with Covid-19 in the same year?? And WHY ............ to comply with a political wish here in the U.S.?? Do you even understand the point I was making?? (Why would the whole world take part in a "Democratic hoax / ploy" ?? - That's where the BILLIONS comes from. Covid-19 is a GLOBAL pandemic - it's not just a U.S. problem.)

The "periods" as you call them, are signifying a PAUSE in the sentence. They ARE NOT PERIODS .............. and it's clear YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.

It's also VERY CLEAR that many folks don't understand that Covid-19 is a NEW, highly contagious, constantly mutating virus. That means that the landscape for it's effects will keep changing as those mutations progress. The "goal posts" keep moving as the virus mutates into new variants. Does anyone grasp that concept?? For the businessmen out there - picture this. You have a deal / contract all ready to sign .......... terms are agreed to. But just before the other party puts pen to paper - they change their minds and add changes that you weren't prepared for. You now have 2 options - give up and burn the contract (defeat) ............ or try a NEW approach to make it work. It's the same for a mutating virus and how you attack it / mitigate it. The "playing field" keeps changing, so doctors & scientists must take altered steps to try to keep up.

And again ............. I'm NOT ANGRY. I'm A-M-A-Z-E-D.

For this "reality crowd" - when you go out in the snow to hunt deer - those ARE NOT deer tracks you think you see. They are made by kangaroos that had their feet altered by Jewish doctors, who then profit from your purchasing of outdoor hunting equipment. Many people are saying this. EVERYONE KNOWS IT.
If they aren't periods, what do you call them? Words must be different in your covid hysterical mind. And what do deer tracks have to do with a virus that gives you the sniffles?

Others here have told me to "mind my own business." But they feel they have exclusive "rights" to voice their opinions & beliefs, correct?? If this is America as you say, I should have that same "right" as well - or is America and the "right" to speak only afforded to "certain people" ??

What I CANNOT comprehend is why large numbers of Americans put their trust in the OPINIONS of politicians (not medically trained) - or their yapping, lying mouthpieces - and not real infectious disease experts. Maybe those same people will let me fly their bush plane on a hunt if I tell them I'm a pilot and "know how to fly better than most other pilots." ( I'm NOT trained to fly, but I can talk a good pilot game. )

I'll also NEVER understand how so many unvaccinated people will blow-off the RIGHT TO SAFETY of others (concerning Covid-19), and mix in with other people while claiming "their" rights. Those folks obviously DON'T GIVE A DAMN about other people's "rights" or safety. People on planes and in stores & restaurants now seem to think it's OK to rip off other people's masks, spit on them for wearing one - or beat up on them. The OWNERS of stores, shops and restaurants can't even require masks for people to enter THEIR PROPERTY - THEIR SHOPS - by new REPUBLICAN-WRITTEN "laws." ( and I don't disagree with every Republican policy. ) How is that freedom for the shop owners to protect themselves?? IT IS NOT FREEDOM. Common sense has disappeared in the U.S.

I'm NOT worked up or angry. I'm AMAZED and baffled by the LACK of some old-fashioned common sense about some issues / problems.
You finally made a somewhat sensible statement, common sense has disappeared in this country. As soon as insane people started making decisions for everyone. As soon as everyone had to wear a mask to protect the weak from being scared. As soon as we made children wear masks to school, even though we know they aren't prolific spreaders of this cold.
So yes you are correct, common sense is rare these days.

I feel everyone should talk to their doctor that they trust. They should ask if they should be vaccinated and with which vaccine. Getting vaccinated should not be based on what a celebrity, a politician,an employer, a free lottery ticket, or even on what Dr. Fauci says. It should be decided by you and your doctor.

I talked to two of my doctors and neither felt vaccine was necessary for ME.

I do resent all of the pressure from the press and our government including their experts. These ‘experts’ have fed us misinformation for over a many months.

I do have a medical degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they aren't periods, what do you call them? Words must be different in your covid hysterical mind. And what do deer tracks have to do with a virus that gives you the sniffles?
I think it's supposed to be an ellipsis? Usually three or four dots.

"and not real infectious disease experts"..................(i want to try the dots LOL). experts like Fauci??????????? who the best way to tell if he is lying is if his lips start moving. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. The virus situation does change but not from one speech to the other. He is a fraud, and should be investigated and tried to the fullest extent of the law for his part in killing thousands of Americans. If you want the vax get it. If someone else doesn't don't treat them like a second class citizen. If your vax works and your mask works use them but don't try to tell someone else what they should do. All of this "do the right thing" stuff is absurd. You do what you feel is right for you and let everybody else do what they think is right for them. Show me the evidence that people that have already had the virus are better off taking the vax.

I think it's supposed to be an ellipsis? Usually three or four dots.
They are. I was just pointing out the absurd amount used

I don't drink AT ALL. Gave it up about 25 years ago.
You should start, and relax a bit!

This time around, most won’t be as afraid, and less will be willing to give up their freedoms. If they force it, it will separate everyone more. The government needs to take some chill pills right along with you.

We already know the first round wasn’t nearly as deadly as they originally predicted, and this Delta variant is even less deadly. Sure it may spread easier, but that just means more positives, while not being sick. To me, that isn’t sick.

If I need to take a test, and be told I am sick, while not feeling sick, I am not sick. With this delta variant, a tiny percentage is getting sick enough to be hospitalized, or to die. Time to treat it like a cold, a flu, or like any other virus we have encountered in the last 300+ years.

I think this thing is survivable for most...that's pretty clear. But there are long haul problems that are very real, and troubling. Lung damage. Heart damage. Memory loss. That was my main concern when weighing the pros and cons of the vaccine.

What I don't understand among the anti-vaxxers is the "Covid is no more dangerous than the flu" thing? As clear as it is that most healthy adults will survive Covid, it also seems pretty clear that Covid is more contagious and deadlier than the flu, and that there are long haul problems in some survivors. I have a mid-40's colleague who had to leave her job after getting Covid because she lost her ability to recall information. That's a pretty serious cognitive long haul issue that goes beyond the level of "the sniffles."

Genuinely interested....how do the anti-vaxxers reconcile this? Did you not see the carnage last spring? Hospitals overflowing with patients? Bodies stacked up like cord wood in NYC waiting for burial? The mass funeral pyres in India? The flu doesn't cause hat amount of carnage each year. The flu kills roughly 30k each year in the US and largely goes away every spring , summer, and early fall. Covid is not seasonal and US Covid deaths are now 600k. Not asking this in a snarky way at all, but how do you reconcile that? Fake news? Fake data? Over-reporting? Mis-reporting actual cause of death? Genuinely curious.

It's one thing to say you don't trust the vaccine. I get that and had the same concerns. It's one thing to say you don't trust the government. I get that too, and share a certain distrust. To believe your immune system is adequate to fight Covid...yep, I fully agree. To not trust Faucci, to be cynical of big pharma and the Wuhan lab...I am with you on all of that. I just don't understand how people think that Covid is as harmless as the common cold.

I could absolutely care less about people who choose not to get the jab. Could care less. I support you...and I understand fully. But man, those who got it (to include me) have been trashed on this thread with some pretty vile on sophomoric language. Minding one's own business has got to be a 2 way street.

Delta sounds a lot like a cold.

Natty, we don’t know that these side effects are for the long haul. The memory loss could get better, as long as the others you mentioned.

It is as unknown as what the long term side effects of the vaccines will be.

I am not an anti Vaxer. I just don’t see a true benefit for me to go get jabbed with something I don’t know what it will do to me long term. You chose to get the shot because you were concerned with what the virus will do to you long term, I choose not to get the vaccine because I don’t know what the vaccine will do to me long term.

Just a thought, but what if in a few years men, or woman become unable to have kids because of the vaccine? Or it gives you cancer, or weekens your immune system, and now you catch many other viruses, we don’t know. That is why I think it is dumb to force everyone to get a shot, that is less then a year old, and don’t have any history of side effects. All to increase my chances of survival from 99% to 99.5%.

If I was in the high risk category, I may think it different. I may get it later this year, I may not. I just don’t see any advantage to me at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.