Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive been traveling alot the last couple weeks . Here are a few things ive learned about covid from my travels and mostly my hotel stays.
1. Room cleaning and clean towels must be deadly. Getting either is le pulling teeth.
2. Breakfast is obviously the most deadly meal of the day. You must line up with a bunch of strangers 1 foot from you and wait for another stranger to handle your food and serve it to you. I for you felt much safer that way than if i had served myself, i could have given covid to myself!
3. Flavored creamer is a covid haven. The only cofee creamer that is safe is the plain creamer. This affected my wife more than I, im a tough guy coffee black drinker. Thank you for saving my wife from the certain death of french vanilla.
4. Hotel pools are safe zones, 300 kids shoulder to shoulder in the water. But freak out if closer than 6 feet out of the water.
5. According to my observations vaccination rates must be nearly 100% because it clearly says on all hotel doors that if you're not vaccinated you should wear a mask. Almost no one wore a mask, and those that do usually have it only on their chin. And i know i would not enter unvaccinated without a mask so geez we're doing really good on that!

Just a few observations from the last couple weeks. Its been fun but at the same time pretty vexxing wondering where the thought process on some of this stuff comes from. If i didnt know any better i would say very ,very few people take any of this seriously and just do things for the sake of doing them with no real thought or reasoning behind it.

Looks like the old "with/from" maneuver is being played with the hospitalization numbers. Why so much stink to overhype the situation? I wonder, and I don't wonder.

No situation needs the media to panic the public. We would all be better off without any media/news period. I think that's how they get the young people. They don't watch anything besides you tube and believe just about anything they are told by their role models. Most role models are looked up to because they are popular and very few are in touch with the real world.jmo BLM isn't even about black lives. Where is all this racism? Doesn't exist, so why divide the country based on lies? Sure is keeping people from paying attention to the real issues isn't it. Joe Biden is a bigger racist than Donald Trump ever could be.

in news that is just as important to the overall welfare of my life, yesterday I trusted a fart that I shouldn't have...

Just doing my part to add to the equation.

Must not make money off of it.

You all might be surprised to find that I agree with most of what I'm reading on here regarding the Delta variant hysteria that's sweeping the nation. As I've said many times before, I believe in following the science, and not just that excerpts put out by the media or the ridiculous interpretations offered by the pundits as a way of catering to their audience.

The original social distancing and mask mandates were put in place to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. I now share an office with a doctor who was in the middle of the pandemic in NYC last year, and she's thankful for that guidance, when it was appropriate. But the numbers don't suggest that we are at risk for any such thing this time around. In fact, the conversation has gone from hospitalization and mortality, which is reasonable, to simply positivity, which makes no sense at all.

So yeah, I'm with you in shaking my head. Unless folks start dropping over like flies, I think we're good now. We can still argue about how asymptomatic cases nevertheless provide an incubator for viral mutation, but on the other hand, we could also point to the high cycle threshold for positivity that results in so many false PCR tests.

I'm traveling to Alaska next week with the wife, and neither of us has any concern except for having to wear a mask in the airport and plane, which sucks.

Here's a thought that I haven't read much about on here, but I imagine that it will enter into the national consciousness soon: how long before insurance companies either refuse to pay for COVID related costs in unvaccinated people, or demand higher premiums? Politicians push the vaccine for multiple reasons, doctors for others, but they all have an agenda (I believe that it's a deeply personal choice). Insurance companies, on the other hand, are mathematical wizards at risk assessment, and they're going to get their pound of flesh. Could get spirited...

Another thing that we have no control over, oh goodie!

I was just thinking about the insurance companies, asking if you have been vaccinated, and jacking up premiums this morning, I havent had it happen, but figured it would be the next thing to punish the un vaxinated.

I see the information coming out in the form of news, and this is why I am always skeptical of anything they are stoking fear out of. I haven't heard Sweden mentioned once in quite some time so I looked up their current situation. Sweden as of yesterday has not one single new Covid case, herd immunity is a thing even with Covid. In a country with 10.25 million people has 3.8 million people fully vaccinated (less than 40%) has no new cases, you would think that would make headlines, but crickets from our media sources. They only want to report bad things regarding Covid to keep the populous in fear, this should tell everyone something is wrong with the information we receive daily.

Last edited:
I think people who have had covid will be discriminated against with health coverage---Preexisting condition. Not supposed to happen but it will. jmo

Vikings fired a coach for not getting the jab. Lawsuit

The machinations and nonsense around the bug will be 10x worse than the bug itself.

Go Browns.

Latest charts from the John Hopkins tracking site... per my post a few days ago, death rates showing FAR weaker correlation with Delta cases, as vaccinations AND natural immunity appear to be keeping mortality rates quite in check...

First the UK where Delta cases already appear to be falling off, without ever seeing a dramatic rise in deaths...

07272021 UK.jpg

US mortality levels still as low as since the virus first reached our shores, and this with the vast majority of citizens now unmasked and not cowering in fear wiping every surface with bleach, donning scuba gear in Wally World, etc...

07272021 US.jpg

As for an earlier post speaking to cases of friends leading to serious health issues, I don't doubt it or question it an iota, and again, want to add that at age 53 I was pretty quick to accept the risk of the jabs.

That shared, painting the sanity of all weighing vaccination, ESPECIALLY if already having had covid and recovered, on a few anecdotal cases is a slippery path, so I’ll give my own completely anecdotal observations.

Our medical office has a very young staff -- average age of 30. To the best of our knowledge, we've had eight of twenty employees contract covid. One was completely symptomatic, getting tested without symptoms because of contact her son had with a friend with covid (both she and her son tested positive but had no symptoms). Two other employees only temporarily lost their sense of taste... that was their ONLY symptom. The other five had symptoms they described as being no worse than cold-like... sniffles along with mild and short lived coughing. No one missed work beyond the CDC return-to-work minimum guidelines, though in order to be completely transparent one employee's husband had a case he equated to the flu / was in bed a few days. Interestingly, he swore that Ivermectin turned around his case in a matter of hours, going from bedridden to up and active less than a day after taking Ivermectin. Again, an anecdotal share, so take it for what you may find it worth.

Despite having lived in three states, working with six different major corporations, and having become acquaintances with 1,000+ folks (many who've befriended me through Facebook), I only personally know two people who died from covid. One the 84 year old mother of a high school friend, who if memory serves had battled breast cancer in her recent past, as well as a 53 year old male classmate... but one who was truly morbidly obese, had severe diabetes, and who tragically acknowledged he'd put himself at dramatically increased risk. I don't know of a single contact suffering from any significant long-term covid issues. And that's sure NOT to say that a subset of the population does, but I've yet to meet one / know one, and our medical practice, while admittedly a NON-covid field (dermatology) has approximately 25,000 patient visits scheduled per year and with MANY of those including quite old patients. The patients we've discovered died from covid were mostly 70+, and we've been pleasantly surprised to have a surprising number of patients 80 and even in their 90s who fought covid without suffering significant symptoms. Frame all this against the original government request that citizens sacrifice freedoms only for a few weeks to "flatten the curve" at a time when mortality was believed to be 6%... and yet here we are, approaching two years later, with mortality now clearly identified as far, FAR lower, risks to grade school children extremely low... and we not only have some gov officials wanting to put draconian measures back in place, but a fair number STILL pushing for schools not to offer on-site classes, and / or pushing to make kids get vaccinated, and EVEN THEN make the poor kids MASK EVEN AFTER THEY GET VACCINATED.

Do any of my anecdotal observations above lead me to feel justified in screaming for folks not to CHOOSE to get vaccinated? Absolutely NOT. But does it, along with SIGNIFICANT HARD DATA linking outcomes to other health comorbidities AND AGE, give me pause to scream that EVERYONE, including children AND adults who now have natural immunity MUST be vaccinated (despite now well-documented vaccine risks for the young)? 100% yes, again with the anecdotal share that my daughter's school had on-site classes with about 80% opting to attend on-site, with minimal cases and with zero severe cases to my knowledge (and trust me, word would have gotten around had their been even one serious case).

Until/unless a variant develops that actually lifts mortality rates, I personally feel that a consequence of living in a FREE society, where again liability has been COMPLETELEY waived for DEEP POCKET CORPORATIONS via "emergency use authorization" leaving NO ONE with ANY recourse regarding negative vaccine side-effects, even among our children, I think it's completely prudent to let the chips fall where they may for now, with it pretty clear that the vaccines ALONG WITH NATURAL IMMUNITY AMONG THOSE ALREADY INFECTED are, per the data-driven charts above, keeping deaths at extremely low rates relative to rates a year ago and this with ALL identified variants to date.

Someone older with major comorbidities decides not to get jabbed? They're rolling the dice just as they might if a heavy smoker or drinker, which last I checked the dems still haven't risked trying to stop via nanny actions. But, frankly, for those in their 20s and under, rolling the dice for them is a far different equation and I DO understand their desires to let some time pass to ensure that jabs not yet passing typical years of vaccine testing prove to be relatively safe for their age group relative to their far lower risks of serious disease (as well as waiting to the date that corporations might actually be liable for negative outcomes).

And with that, dang tired of typing... and imagine those who've stayed with me are just (or more!) tired of reading!

One last post-script (promise)... in regards to Roymunson saying how lucky I am to have married a sugar mama, I'm blessed to feel I got a trophy wife too! Ashamed to admit she works out far more regularly than I do, and with us in our early 50s she's actually more fit than she was at 16 when we first dated. Shared picture of her was taken just a few years back as she was approaching 50 :emoji_relaxed:

I lied... post-script to the post-script... this last paragraph likely will disappear PDQ, lest I risk her seeing it and killing me. :emoji_wink:

Smoking Hot.jpg

For anyone that doesn’t already know, vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability for all vaccines on the schedule, not just the covid vaxx. Any adverse events seeking compensation have to go through a vaccine court set up by your government, which has paid out billions in claims by a tax that you pay when you are vaxxed.

The emergency use authorization can only be used if there are no other effective treatments, which is why Ivermectin and other therapeutics aren’t being pushed.

Latest charts from the John Hopkins tracking site... per my post a few days ago, death rates showing FAR weaker correlation with Delta cases, as vaccinations AND natural immunity appear to be keeping mortality rates quite in check...

First the UK where Delta cases already appear to be falling off, without ever seeing a dramatic rise in deaths...

View attachment 35923

US mortality levels still as low as since the virus first reached our shores, and this with the vast majority of citizens now unmasked and not cowering in fear wiping every surface with bleach, donning scuba gear in Wally World, etc...

View attachment 35924

As for an earlier post speaking to cases of friends leading to serious health issues, I don't doubt it or question it an iota, and again, want to add that at age 53 I was pretty quick to accept the risk of the jabs.

That shared, painting the sanity of all weighing vaccination, ESPECIALLY if already having had covid and recovered, on a few anecdotal cases is a slippery path, so I’ll give my own completely anecdotal observations.

Our medical office has a very young staff -- average age of 30. To the best of our knowledge, we've had eight of twenty employees contract covid. One was completely symptomatic, getting tested without symptoms because of contact her son had with a friend with covid (both she and her son tested positive but had no symptoms). Two other employees only temporarily lost their sense of taste... that was their ONLY symptom. The other five had symptoms they described as being no worse than cold-like... sniffles along with mild and short lived coughing. No one missed work beyond the CDC return-to-work minimum guidelines, though in order to be completely transparent one employee's husband had a case he equated to the flu / was in bed a few days. Interestingly, he swore that Ivermectin turned around his case in a matter of hours, going from bedridden to up and active less than a day after taking Ivermectin. Again, an anecdotal share, so take it for what you may find it worth.

Despite having lived in three states, working with six different major corporations, and having become acquaintances with 1,000+ folks (many who've befriended me through Facebook), I only personally know two people who died from covid. One the 84 year old mother of a high school friend, who if memory serves had battled breast cancer in her recent past, as well as a 53 year old male classmate... but one who was truly morbidly obese, had severe diabetes, and who tragically acknowledged he'd put himself at dramatically increased risk. I don't know of a single contact suffering from any significant long-term covid issues. And that's sure NOT to say that a subset of the population does, but I've yet to meet one / know one, and our medical practice, while admittedly a NON-covid field (dermatology) has approximately 25,000 patient visits scheduled per year and with MANY of those including quite old patients. The patients we've discovered died from covid were mostly 70+, and we've been pleasantly surprised to have a surprising number of patients 80 and even in their 90s who fought covid without suffering significant symptoms. Frame all this against the original government request that citizens sacrifice freedoms only for a few weeks to "flatten the curve" at a time when mortality was believed to be 6%... and yet here we are, approaching two years later, with mortality now clearly identified as far, FAR lower, risks to grade school children extremely low... and we not only have some gov officials wanting to put draconian measures back in place, but a fair number STILL pushing for schools not to offer on-site classes, and / or pushing to make kids get vaccinated, and EVEN THEN make the poor kids MASK EVEN AFTER THEY GET VACCINATED.

Do any of my anecdotal observations above lead me to feel justified in screaming for folks not to CHOOSE to get vaccinated? Absolutely NOT. But does it, along with SIGNIFICANT HARD DATA linking outcomes to other health comorbidities AND AGE, give me pause to scream that EVERYONE, including children AND adults who now have natural immunity MUST be vaccinated (despite now well-documented vaccine risks for the young)? 100% yes, again with the anecdotal share that my daughter's school had on-site classes with about 80% opting to attend on-site, with minimal cases and with zero severe cases to my knowledge (and trust me, word would have gotten around had their been even one serious case).

Until/unless a variant develops that actually lifts mortality rates, I personally feel that a consequence of living in a FREE society, where again liability has been COMPLETELEY waived for DEEP POCKET CORPORATIONS via "emergency use authorization" leaving NO ONE with ANY recourse regarding negative vaccine side-effects, even among our children, I think it's completely prudent to let the chips fall where they may for now, with it pretty clear that the vaccines ALONG WITH NATURAL IMMUNITY AMONG THOSE ALREADY INFECTED are, per the data-driven charts above, keeping deaths at extremely low rates relative to rates a year ago and this with ALL identified variants to date.

Someone older with major comorbidities decides not to get jabbed? They're rolling the dice just as they might if a heavy smoker or drinker, which last I checked the dems still haven't risked trying to stop via nanny actions. But, frankly, for those in their 20s and under, rolling the dice for them is a far different equation and I DO understand their desires to let some time pass to ensure that jabs not yet passing typical years of vaccine testing prove to be relatively safe for their age group relative to their far lower risks of serious disease (as well as waiting to the date that corporations might actually be liable for negative outcomes).

And with that, dang tired of typing... and imagine those who've stayed with me are just (or more!) tired of reading!

One last post-script (promise)... in regards to Roymunson saying how lucky I am to have married a sugar mama, I'm blessed to feel I got a trophy wife too! Ashamed to admit she works out far more regularly than I do, and with us in our early 50s she's actually more fit than she was at 16 when we first dated. Shared picture of her was taken just a few years back as she was approaching 50 :emoji_relaxed:

I lied... post-script to the post-script... this last paragraph likely will disappear PDQ, lest I risk her seeing it and killing me. :emoji_wink:

View attachment 35925
Of all the risks talked about in this thread... I think bigbendmarine just took the biggest health risk of all!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And protest are happening all over the world for the way the governments are handling this. So don't act like all the people agree except for the conservatives. Please explain if covid is so deadly, why haven't the Democrats stopped the illegals from crossing the border. Aren't they putting all our lives at risk.
This post is simply quoted so I can like it a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.