Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeWine can call himself a Republican all he wants. IMO he is a Dem in sheep’s clothing just like his predecessor was...at the least he is a Trump hater from the start.

Guy in Florida with CV took the malaria drug and it saved his life. Democrats thought Trump was dumb to bring that up, but will be a little quiet now.

So, I read this from the Milwaukee journal a couple hours ago, but what exactly does it mean? I see they are calling it "safer at home". But I live in southern MN, and have a cabin in NW Wisconsin. I have a bunch of drywall, and insulation that I have, and was planning on taking it up there, and installing it this weekend. I can make it there and back with a tank of fuel, so I wouldnt need to go to any store, or encounter any people in Wisconsin at all. I can drive directly to my place, park in the garage, close the doors, and no one would even know I was there, then go back home early next week. Will they be guarding the borders? Ticketing people on the road? Is there any good reason to not go there and work on my cabin, and come straight back home Sunday, or Monday evening? I have some free time, all the supplies, and help this weekend to do it, I would like to do it.

Thoughts?
Get up here and get some work done. If you get stuck here I will meet you in Shell Lake an buy you a beer!!! They serve Corona at Lakeview.

Chuck

I think Trump's comments today were an attempt to slow the bleeding on Wall Street. Give the market some positive tones to "buy time" as the Corona crisis continues. The 15 day nationwide campaign may end but some of the statewide restrictions will be extended.

They’re not going to bring it all back at once. They are realizing that the continued economic shutdown is not going to work much longer. When Cuomo agrees with that you have to take notice. I’m not sure what could be mistaken about comments from both the President and from Cuomo. It couldn’t have been more clear. They will probably start out at bringing back a small percentage into certain business then ramp up as the weeks go on. Could take 2 months before the economy starts surviving again.

Last edited:
Meanwhile back at the ranch.....our area is a low population place. Tourism is the big business here and most of the area is rentals and summer homes. People from all over several States and NYC are starting to pour in. I think Long Island is having the same problem. I don’t know why they want to stay in NY. I‘d go West. LOL. Anyway our little local hospital can’t even handle the locals. These seasonal people might have made a poor decision thinking they’re safer here. All the equipment and supplys, National Guard. And Additional hospitals are all going to NYC. That help won’t be coming here

This is the report from my wife today from working in the ER.

They had about 25-30 patients come in today (all but one were Flu-like symptoms- 20 yo girl who was raped). She dealt with the two sickest ones. One she swabbed and sent to Methodist in the Twin Cities lights and sirens cause he was in bad shape. The other she swabbed and put on a vent in their ICU. The rest of the patients were examined and sent home without being swabbed and told to self-quarantine cause their stats were acceptable, but told to come back if they start feeling worse. They are not swabbing unless they are admitting them to the hospital. They are just assuming all these other people are positive and sending them home and told to SELF QUARANTINE and alert people you may have been in contact with.

Test results are taking 5 days to get back. In a couple days they are getting a shipment of the rapid test so they can have results in 45 mins, but they are not 100%. Those people will still be told to quarantine until cultured results come back. They are burning through a shitload of personal protective gear and running low and having to reuse more than they would like. The test is painful as hell as they shove it a few inches up your nose and try to draw a little blood. She is likely to work either 12 of 13 or 11 of 12 days and shifts have been stretching to about 13 hours a day. They are begging her to take more if she feels up to it.

Our county does not have a confirmed positive case yet. The ones that have tested positive live outside the county, and lots of others are not even tested. They think this shit is everywhere and its highly likely to get worse. They are busting ass and taking it very serious. They also have a shipment of the malaria drugs coming in. Some of the doctors and hospitalist that are rotating in and out from the city have been using them down there and they are gaining a little confidence from them, but its too early to make a determination. She was asked today to try and train some med surg nurses and doctors on how to use a ventilator in anticipation of more than they can handle.

So, I read this from the Milwaukee journal a couple hours ago, but what exactly does it mean? I see they are calling it "safer at home". But I live in southern MN, and have a cabin in NW Wisconsin. I have a bunch of drywall, and insulation that I have, and was planning on taking it up there, and installing it this weekend. I can make it there and back with a tank of fuel, so I wouldnt need to go to any store, or encounter any people in Wisconsin at all. I can drive directly to my place, park in the garage, close the doors, and no one would even know I was there, then go back home early next week. Will they be guarding the borders? Ticketing people on the road? Is there any good reason to not go there and work on my cabin, and come straight back home Sunday, or Monday evening? I have some free time, all the supplies, and help this weekend to do it, I would like to do it.

Thoughts?
Get up here and get some work done. If you get stuck here I will meet you in Shell Lake an buy you a beer!!! They serve Corona at Lakeview.

Chuck

It’s funny you mentioned this, we live in Wisconsin just outside the twin cities and our cabin is in Sawyer county wi east of Hayward wi. A buddy sent me a letter that the county posted online asking for anyone who’s not from the area not to head to there cabins to shelter because of the lack of heath care in the area and that a large portion of the population is older retired people etc. They also really defined saying absolutely nobody from Illinois either.
7d1851fca4bf4a045ee03cd07a906ce5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for validating my points. You can't fix what is broken in the machine without identifying the parts that need to be replaced.

Now get back to that trolling motor you are running ... lots of people you can stir the pot with here.

Spudy ... I,m working on a response for you; however, it's turning out to be rather long. Please be patient, it'll really be sour enough to make you and others beat your chests.
Incidentally, I like your boating metaphor. Peace:emoji_relaxed:

I know timing the stock market is virtually impossible, but for those of us holding cash where/when do you think the bottom will be? I think it's getting close. Maybe 16,500 sometime in the next 10 days.

When you see a clear bounce or double bounce plus an indication that conditions allow for improvement. It will be after the absolute bottom, but it will still be low enough to maximize gains by any reasonable standard.

Nice to see the death rate is to date much lower than originally forecasted. Originally around 3.4 and so far 1.2. South Korea the most dependable of the countries who have experienced this is at .7%.

Let's hope we can keep the death rate to .7 and flatten the curve.

It's about 10% in Italy.

I'm just ready to see that graph of corona cases start to flatten out.

Still looks like a hockey stick to me.

It's about 10% in Italy.
Italy is probably not a good comparison to other modern countries.

This is a good read on Italy and why their 10% statistic is not a correct barometer of what is occurring on other countries.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/italy-coronavirus-fatality-rate-high-200323114405536.html

Here is a section of the article that brings light to why such a high death percentage.

"The numbers we have are not representative of the entire infected population," said Massimo Galli, head of the infectious disease unit at Sacco Hospital in Milan, the main city in the worst-hit region of Lombardy where 68 percent of the total national fatalities have been reported.
Galli explained that as the emergency situation rapidly deteriorated over the past month, Italy focused its testing only on people showing severe symptoms in areas with high epidemic intensity - the result, experts say, is that the currently available numbers produce a statistical artefact, a distortion.
"This causes an increase in the fatality rate because it is based on the most severe cases and not on the totality of those infected," Galli said.

We go full shutdown this evening in this state except essential services. Hospitals have cut our elective surgeries also and the hospitals are running only 60-70% capacity beds Incase needed for virus. We have had drive thru testing with 24 hour turnaround for results. Governor required wk ago the testing facilities stay working 24/7 instead of closing each night as they had been doing. Luckily we are a rather rural state so social distancing is easier than a NYC. Thank goodness trout stocking continues, and golf courses remain open. Already have my tee time for Thurs assuming this rain stops. Stay safe guys.

They’re not going to bring it all back at once. They are realizing that the continued economic shutdown is not going to work much longer. When Cuomo agrees with that you have to take notice. I’m not sure what could be mistaken about comments from both the President and from Cuomo. It couldn’t have been more clear. They will probably start out at bringing back a small percentage into certain business then ramp up as the weeks go on. Could take 2 months before the economy starts surviving again.
The comments are easily mistaken because that is what Trump haters do. Trump and Cuomo said basically the same thing yesterday but Trump haters spend 6 hours typing a response about bad man. I am not even going to tear apart that post because I couldn’t even finish reading it. I do find it so interesting how Trump haters turn their thoughts into his futures actions. Media is the best at it. Lt. Governor from Texas was on Tucker last night. He had a very heart felt message about at some point the country needs to go back to normal and seniors will take care of themselves (he is 70). He doesn’t want to transform the country and change the American dream for his grandchildren and the youth of the country. He said his generation is strong and we can figure it out. NBC starts their story with Lt. Governor from Texas says Seniors are okay dying so economy doesn’t collapse. No other quotes or context from the interview. In the same story they report someone from AZ has died from taking the malaria drug that TRUMP is pushing. The wife is also in icu from taking it. They did not have the virus and were taking it to prevent getting it. The reporter asks the wife if they took it because she heard trump talking about it, she says yes. You know where he is going with this interview because everything is bad orange man’s fault. He then says did you seek out a doctor to get this (leading the witness). She says no. They have a f-ing coy pond and they had the drug in powder form to put in the water. Obviously that ends the interview because how the hell is he going to pin that idiots move on Trump. Shockingly they still air it because enough Trump haters will parrot the story that Trump is recommending drugs that kill people.

She is likely to work either 12 of 13 or 11 of 12 days and shifts have been stretching to about 13 hours a day. They are begging her to take more if she feels up to it.

Be sure to thank her for us!

States with the most cases. NY and NJ could probably be combined. At this moment the number of cases really drops off quickly in most states. Hopefully the curve flattens quickly in the lower infected states as well as the infected states. Its obvious they need to restrict travel in NY.

1585053986790.png

I pretty much got the same thing, word for word about Washburn county.

It’s funny you mentioned this, we live in Wisconsin just outside the twin cities and our cabin is in Sawyer county wi east of Hayward wi. A buddy sent me a letter that the county posted online asking for anyone who’s not from the area not to head to there cabins to shelter because of the lack of heath care in the area and that a large portion of the population is older retired people etc. They also really defined saying absolutely nobody from Illinois either.
7d1851fca4bf4a045ee03cd07a906ce5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

States with the most cases. NY and NJ could probably be combined. At this moment the number of cases really drops off quickly in most states. Hopefully the curve flattens quickly in the lower infected states as well as the infected states. Its obvious they need to restrict travel in NY.

View attachment 28596

As I’m looking at this chart I see one thing that stands out. Do other people see it? California, one of the “hot spot”. Shows much Lower cases and much lower new cases. As hot zone as it was it seems no different than some other low number States. In fact their recovered seem to be the Same as their confirmed cases I’m not sure what to think about that.

You guys want to see something really comical,..

Read the first days of this thread and see what a bunch of knuckle heads some of you all were,...

Very funny to read page one of this thread NOW !!!!

OMG rolling on the floor,... I feel sorry for what some of you said back then,..

OMG!!!

We all need a chuckle,.. so go and check out the first few pages,... Funny stuff indeed !!!

And to those who pegged this early on,.. A tip of the hat in your direction,.. well done indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You folks had the insight and vision !!

Status
Not open for further replies.