Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
if China had under 100,000 cases and it has slowed way down.... how do we figure that we’d have more than that?

Are we assuming they lied and underestimated by 50% or more?

China can enact policies that western democracies cannot. They literally welded doors shut on apartment blocks to contain the virus. They currently have extreme safety measures in place to prevent a resurgence of the virus.

The virus did not die off naturally in China. It slowed down after two months because of extreme draconian controls.

I work for a company that processes and packages summer sausage, snack sticks, block cheese, and cheese curds. Wednesday will be the last day of meat processing as the bigwigs don't want to have any unprocessed meat on hand if the USDA is shut down as it would go to waste. The picking and shipping departments will run a skeleton crew to keep up with orders as long as we can. Cutting the workforce from 120 down to 20.

At first I thot those first 3 points were about what an Ex spouse may say about another Ex. Same applies I suppose.

Perhaps the world has a problem with those who have a peace with the fires that continually arise. And more importantly they are somewhat aggravated that some of us don't get our panties bunched as much as some think they should. And I understand that.

But I know one damn thing, I may not be "intelligent " enough, but I've looked death in the face, and I understand what its like to lose, but you can bet your FN sweet ass I know what it is to deal with death and I sure as hell am not FLIPPANT about it. And I'm not going to be controlled by fear.
I think life experience has a lot to do with how you react to this. I have lost two family members in their 40’s this year that died horrible deaths. My cousin who was like a sister to me fought cancer and her cancer fought dirty. She left three boys under 14 behind. That was a real fight and she fought real hard even after the doctors gave up on her. I was by her side for a lot of those days. Going through that makes you kind of numb to everyone fussing over a virus. It will be what it will be. I am doing everything they are recommending. The political weaponization is what pisses me off. Trump haters are clinging to it. He said this he said that while they refuse to listen to all the experts he puts up there every day. If you can’t figure out what you are suppose to be doing by this part of the outbreak “what difference does it make” what Trump says. The single biggest thing he did was shutting off people coming from infected areas and the two idiots running against him said they would not have done that. I love when someone blames Fox News, it is the equivalent of blaming the Russians for the last election. To say Fox News has been down playing this from the beginning only means you have never watched Fox News and you just parrot the other networks. I watch it every day, no one down plays it. They have had medical experts on all day for weeks saying how bad it is going to be and what you need to do. I sold a bunch of stock three weeks ago because Cavuto had numerous guests on saying how bad it was going to get. Would they be saying that if they were down playing it. I have an extra $50k in my account today because they didn’t down play it. Yes we should have had more tests. Would that have helped, maybe. This thing spreads so fast and most people have such mild symptoms many wouldn’t have been tested anyway and would have kept spreading it. Everyone needs to relax, put your parents on lock down, avoid as many people as possible and enjoy the extra time with your kids.

While I don't disagree with you, obesity wipes a few out and nobody bats an eye. Ridiculous amounts of health issues aren't taken seriously. (coming from a guy who is staying at home as much as possible)

Does anybody think its a huge mistake to try all these economy saving measures at this point? Personally I think they should wait till this virus stuff fizzles out then throw some gas on the fire. Right now it is doing no good and they will have no moves left when the right time comes. Everyone shoud have reserves to get through a few months.

At first I thot those first 3 points were about what an Ex spouse may say about another Ex. Same applies I suppose.

Perhaps the world has a problem with those who have a peace with the fires that continually arise. And more importantly they are somewhat aggravated that some of us don't get our panties bunched as much as some think they should. And I understand that.
But I know one damn thing, I may not be "intelligent " enough, but I've looked death in the face, and I understand what its like to lose, but you can bet your FN sweet ass I know what it is to deal with death and I sure as hell am not FLIPPANT about it. And I'm not going to be controlled by fear.

My post was not intended for or directed at ANY particular individual; however, you appear to have taken particular umbrage at my comments. Then I remembered what you posted on another website .... on DHF, Dogghr said ...
“But over the years I have dealt with taking precautions of various strains of hepatitis, AIDS virus, staph, TB, and many more potentially deadly or life altering bacteria. I will go to work again tomorrow, and as always maintain a deep respect for what can attack the human body and take my precautions. But rest assure, I will have no fear. Fear, and the stress it creates, promotes more human failures than any germ in itself. I hope all take their precautions, and while I've been flippant at times, I want all to stay healthy. Use your God given brains, keep yourself healthy, exercise, eat properly, and laugh more.”

Glad you advise others to "take their precautions" and I SINCERELY hope you do so as well ..... especially since you live in the state virtually always ranked in the bottom 25% of the hospitals in the United States in a number of quality metrics.

This is my last post on this thread; don't need no spitting matches!

China can enact policies that western democracies cannot. They literally welded doors shut on apartment blocks to contain the virus. They currently have extreme safety measures in place to prevent a resurgence of the virus.

The virus did not die off naturally in China. It slowed down after two months because of extreme draconian controls.

They have stores open... Apple for instance has stores open in China. So they are not all welded shut... way more people, the hot spot, very unlikely we will exceed their death numbers. If we do they were simply lying.

My post was not intended for or directed at ANY particular individual; however, you appear to have taken particular umbrage at my comments. Then I remembered what you posted on another website .... on DHF, Dogghr said ...
“But over the years I have dealt with taking precautions of various strains of hepatitis, AIDS virus, staph, TB, and many more potentially deadly or life altering bacteria. I will go to work again tomorrow, and as always maintain a deep respect for what can attack the human body and take my precautions. But rest assure, I will have no fear. Fear, and the stress it creates, promotes more human failures than any germ in itself. I hope all take their precautions, and while I've been flippant at times, I want all to stay healthy. Use your God given brains, keep yourself healthy, exercise, eat properly, and laugh more.”

Glad you advise others to "take their precautions" and I SINCERELY hope you do so as well ..... especially since you live in the state virtually always ranked in the bottom 25% of the hospitals in the United States in a number of quality metrics.

This is my last post on this thread; don't need no spitting matches!

No where did I see in the statement you posted above, did Dogghr become politicized. He talked about "his" experience.

But you had to tie Trump and republicans to in denial, not caring, and bad in your post? You couldn't just share info without labeling

Just more virtue signaling ... attacking the person and not the issue ...

I think life experience has a lot to do with how you react to this. I have lost two family members in their 40’s this year that died horrible deaths. My cousin who was like a sister to me fought cancer and her cancer fought dirty. She left three boys under 14 behind. That was a real fight and she fought real hard even after the doctors gave up on her. I was by her side for a lot of those days. Going through that makes you kind of numb to everyone fussing over a virus. It will be what it will be. I am doing everything they are recommending. The political weaponization is what pisses me off. Trump haters are clinging to it. He said this he said that while they refuse to listen to all the experts he puts up there every day. If you can’t figure out what you are suppose to be doing by this part of the outbreak “what difference does it make” what Trump says. The single biggest thing he did was shutting off people coming from infected areas and the two idiots running against him said they would not have done that. I love when someone blames Fox News, it is the equivalent of blaming the Russians for the last election. To say Fox News has been down playing this from the beginning only means you have never watched Fox News and you just parrot the other networks. I watch it every day, no one down plays it. They have had medical experts on all day for weeks saying how bad it is going to be and what you need to do. I sold a bunch of stock three weeks ago because Cavuto had numerous guests on saying how bad it was going to get. Would they be saying that if they were down playing it. I have an extra $50k in my account today because they didn’t down play it. Yes we should have had more tests. Would that have helped, maybe. This thing spreads so fast and most people have such mild symptoms many wouldn’t have been tested anyway and would have kept spreading it. Everyone needs to relax, put your parents on lock down, avoid as many people as possible and enjoy the extra time with your kids.

Im sorry but the president himself downplayed it for a long time until he finally realized he couldn't lie his way out of it. Rush Limbaugh said many times that it was no big deal, that the common flu had a much higher death rate. Everybody should ignore it and get on with their lives. I heard him say that on live radio. I cant for the life of me sit and listen to Sean Hannity so no clue what he said. Like I have said before Im no cheerleader for either party but I simply do not trust the current administration even for a second.

I still feel the republican party should have impeached him and looked for a qualified republican to run in 2020. Don the con is a fraud and needs to go.

You better vote for Biden then, you can trust Biden! He’s the man. Did you see his plan? Same plan as Trump except he would have no travel bans.

The guy can barely talk, Trump will crush him in the debates

I will say Biden actually strung sentences together better than I expected last night. What was disturbing was how extremely radical he was. He went full choke leftist. Going to have a lot of radical thoughts to walk back in the general.

Im sorry but the president himself downplayed it for a long time until he finally realized he couldn't lie his way out of it. Rush Limbaugh said many times that it was no big deal, that the common flu had a much higher death rate. Everybody should ignore it and get on with their lives. I heard him say that on live radio. I cant for the life of me sit and listen to Sean Hannity so no clue what he said. Like I have said before Im no cheerleader for either party but I simply do not trust the current administration even for a second.
The death rate really doesn’t matter It’s how many people die total. Obviously, with only 80 deaths so far it comes nowhere close to the flu. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s .01 or 10. Just how many die, that’s what really matters

The death rate really doesn’t matter It’s how many people die total. Obviously, with only 80 deaths so far it comes nowhere close to the flu. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s .01 or 10. Just how many die, that’s what really matters

None of it will matter, not even the total deaths when you realize it is out of our hands. People are weak and place value in the insignificant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard how rotted out urban cores are feeding children that were being fed 3x365 at the schools already? There are millions out there that don't know the first damn thing about cooking beyond warming something up in the microwave, and the parent that was accustomed to selling their EBT card for drug money isn't about to start buying groceries again.

Sack lunches being provided around the nation from what I gather.

They have stores open... Apple for instance has stores open in China. So they are not all welded shut... way more people, the hot spot, very unlikely we will exceed their death numbers. If we do they were simply lying.

China is past the curve. The measures the enacted worked, and most of China has gone back to work. My friends who live there are all back to work. They have their temperature checked 4-6 times per day and have to update their personal QR code each time. They also carry proof they have fulfullied their 14 day quarantine. Where else can you just create and enforce a system like that?

Our fatalities will depend on our response to the virus, not our proximity to its origin.

None of it will matter, not even the total deaths when you realize it is out of our hands. People are weak and place value in the insignificant.

Ecclesiastes

I work for a company that processes and packages summer sausage, snack sticks, block cheese, and cheese curds. Wednesday will be the last day of meat processing as the bigwigs don't want to have any unprocessed meat on hand if the USDA is shut down as it would go to waste. The picking and shipping departments will run a skeleton crew to keep up with orders as long as we can. Cutting the workforce from 120 down to 20.

They're just taking an A bomb to the economy to kill off a rat.

We totally need to curb this thing. But at what cost? The way they're going right now they're going to crater this thing. You're company is going to gut itself financially and gut its workforce, just because there's a threat that the govt will make another huge move. It' incredible. I don't get worked up about stuff generally, but this is lunacy. i have a buddy who is a mid 30s who works at a bank who was scared of people who were coughing. In South Bend Indiana. Dude, you're gonna be fine. Quit buying into all the hype.

Ugh...so annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.