Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Never said anyone was going to die if they get it. Would you rather get it, be FORCED to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days, and then pray you didn't pass it to any elderly or otherwise immune comprised person around you? Or simply just lay low for a few weeks, limit public exposure, and let the storm blow over? Should be an easy choice for most but it's obviously not. This mentality is why by the end of the week we will be in lockdown with curfews. It's coming.
Sheeple. I have a business and don't have the luxury of taking a long vacation(I have bills to pay). You come off as a government worker to me. I didn't say I'm trying to get it and go visit the elderly intentionally trying to infect them---wake up to reality not what the morons in charge tell you to think. DAMN.

Another problem with the panic is projections. NY Governor just on saying he expects by projections that 11 million people in NY will get it and 3 million hospitalized. Now how can you say those numbers. There’s nothing in the world so far that comes anywhere close to fractions of that but he’s out there projecting that.

Well if a politician said it, it must be true. Like when Joe Biden said 150,000 Americans were killed by gun violence last year

lol

Sheeple. I have a business and don't have the luxury of taking a long vacation(I have bills to pay). You come off as a government worker to me. I didn't say I'm trying to get it and go visit the elderly intentionally trying to infect them---wake up to reality not what the morons in charge tell you to think. DAMN.
nursing homes arent going to let you in anyway so......

live your life, go to work, pay your bills, etc.

Did he say that, too, Roy? I know he said 150 million killed since 2007. I think these guys are purposely trying to lose and I don't blame them.

Sadly that is the best that party can come up with.

if China had under 100,000 cases and it has slowed way down.... how do we figure that we’d have more than that?

Are we assuming they lied and underestimated by 50% or more?

Time off is not an option for me either. Guys and gals in my line of work are beginning to face mandatory quarantines after being exposed on the job to someone that has tested positive. That is REAL is and NOT being reported by the media.

if China had under 100,000 cases and it has slowed way down.... how do we figure that we’d have more than that?

probably common core math

Either China lied and we are screwed or this will be the most over hyped end of the world yet. Do I believe China or Cuomo? Two bad choices. The China numbers make no sense if Cuomo thinks 11 milliion NYers will get it. Kids school is closing today for at least three weeks, house is stocked with food, my parents are on lock down, we will be laying low to see what happens. Unfortunately the economy is probably past the point of no return. We are going to paying for this for years...Thanks China

Unfortunately the economy is probably past the point of no return. We are going to paying for this for years...Thanks China

This is what scares me. For the flu. Unreal.

The insanity is incredible.

If 30% of the people who catch this, died in 48 hours, i'd understand... I just can't wrap my head around the mass chaos and tanking of our economic systems for a 3 day flu bug.

Its beyond silly. And when it doesn't spread like they said it might, they'll claim victory for overdoing the quarantines... They'll just justify their overreactions

This is what scares me. For the flu. Unreal.

The insanity is incredible.

If 30% of the people who catch this, died in 48 hours, i'd understand... I just can't wrap my head around the mass chaos and tanking of our economic systems for a 3 day flu bug.

Its beyond silly. And when it doesn't spread like they said it might, they'll claim victory for overdoing the quarantines... They'll just justify their overreactions
Makes you wonder what the chaos would be if people were actually dying in 48 hours....

Got and email that food plot seed will be 20% off on Saturday from a local dealer. No amount of Coronavirus is stopping me from getting a deal and jump starting food plot season.

Pretty sure no national, state, or local politician is losing their paycheck as they make these decisions that affect many on very limited incomes. And I doubt Congress has to worry of their permanent retirement accounts like the rest of the country. At lunch to day, parking lots were full of license plates from a dozen states of people trying to continue their life without panic. As was said previously, I wonder how this present society would’ve responded with the likes of Polio or quaranteen for months from TB. And yet we panic. We are a country of puss... or perhaps sheep.

What country is better?

What country is better?
There isn't one that is better!!
He is referring to the people that make up the country. Not to put words in his mouth but come on.

Either China lied and we are screwed or this will be the most over hyped end of the world yet. Do I believe China or Cuomo? Two bad choices. The China numbers make no sense if Cuomo thinks 11 milliion NYers will get it. Kids school is closing today for at least three weeks, house is stocked with food, my parents are on lock down, we will be laying low to see what happens. Unfortunately the economy is probably past the point of no return. We are going to paying for this for years...Thanks China
Cuomo is going off figures that Angela Merkel said. That 60% of the population would get it and 17% would be hospitalized. Why he’s going with those figures I have no idea. Although I agree you can’t trust anything from China I do have more stock in hearing about South Korea. They have said 96% of people tested, and they've done a lot , have tested negative.

What country is better?
There is none better. And I can make some pretty dandy comments of other countries I’ve traveled for sure. But like any and all of us, there is always room for improvement. But to buy as I saw today by a woman of at least 20 packages of bologna is crazy and the norm across the country right now. Not even going to get on the TP train of panic, selfish buying.

Getting to the point of being concerned about people trying to help themselves to my belongings where I live. I know if the dogs are barking in the middle of the night I will be getting up to see what's going on outside my house.

What is to stop someone who has tested negative if not quarantined?

Status
Not open for further replies.