All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting times we live in. It’s pretty amazing to see how easily people are shaken. Lack of faith in their hearts I believe. Fear, doubt & darkness are not from above men.
Only thing different I did this wk is wire some extra $ to the finance guy. An picked up some overtime on the ambulance due to people calling in.
Carrying on with Faith in my heart gentleman. I let go of the reigns years ago

Along those lines, if anyone is looking to lend a hand, food pantries and local schools would gladly accept what you can give.

buckdeer1 - Thank-you for your volunteer service. ^^^^

bwoods and S.T. Fanatic in posts #551 & 552 - I don't care who's in the White House. D or R. You're the one saying I'm making this about Trump. If a Dem was in the White House - it would still be a failure to act early and aggressively, and not have enough testing capabilities for such an outbreak. It just so happens Trump is in the White House now. We should have had early testing done months ago like S. Korea had started. S. Korea's been doing drive-by testing for months. Dr. Faucci or one of the other Drs. (don't remember which one for sure) that are the real experts said in plain English, "South Korea got it right." I've also listened to Dr. Faucci's reports and updates. He said it's been a failing that we didn't have early testing, as well as enough test kits. Dr. Faucci said, "Let's call it what it is. It's a failing." He also said there are more tests being delivered, but not as many as we need. Drive up testing is good, but there isn't enough of it happening around the country. Results are supposed to be in 4 hours.

I saw an Associated Press article yesterday that said Roche, the Swiss lab equipment manufacturer, is making newer models of test equipment for corona virus. It can process about 4200 specimens (I believe per day). An increase by a factor of 10. Other countries are screaming for those models too. Some are being delivered to the U.S. but an unspecified number to unspecified locations, according to the article.

I hope everyone on here and their loved ones stay safe. Or am I being political with THAT statement too??

Interesting times we live in. It’s pretty amazing to see how easily people are shaken. Lack of faith in their hearts I believe. Fear, doubt & darkness are not from above men.
Only thing different I did this wk is wire some extra $ to the finance guy. An picked up some overtime on the ambulance due to people calling in.
Carrying on with Faith in my heart gentleman. I let go of the reigns years ago
Jordan, our crews are now sending a single paramedic in with full protective gear. They place a mask on the patient and assess the situation before any other crew members enter the house. We are in an area with more and more positives popping each day.

Jordan, our crews are now sending a single paramedic in with full protective gear. They place a mask on the patient and assess the situation before any other crew members enter the house. We are in an area with more and more positives popping each day.
Not a bad idea.
Both my partner an I still proceeding in together as usual. Just masking up if call notes indicate the need. We have been putting masks on pt’s forever with pos contagious illnesses. Fire is separate from EMS in my district and only responds to life threats. Unless PT’s fat and we need a lift assist. Quite often lol.

Just found out I'll be out of school until March 30th. Spring skiing, brush piles, logging, maple syrup, working on my barn, habitat work, ...an unexpected paid 2 week Corona-vacation.

buckdeer1 - Thank-you for your volunteer service. ^^^^

bwoods and S.T. Fanatic in posts #551 & 552 - I don't care who's in the White House. D or R. You're the one saying I'm making this about Trump. If a Dem was in the White House - it would still be a failure to act early and aggressively, and not have enough testing capabilities for such an outbreak. It just so happens Trump is in the White House now. We should have had early testing done months ago like S. Korea had started. S. Korea's been doing drive-by testing for months. Dr. Faucci or one of the other Drs. (don't remember which one for sure) that are the real experts said in plain English, "South Korea got it right." I've also listened to Dr. Faucci's reports and updates. He said it's been a failing that we didn't have early testing, as well as enough test kits. Dr. Faucci said, "Let's call it what it is. It's a failing." He also said there are more tests being delivered, but not as many as we need. Drive up testing is good, but there isn't enough of it happening around the country. Results are supposed to be in 4 hours.

I saw an Associated Press article yesterday that said Roche, the Swiss lab equipment manufacturer, is making newer models of test equipment for corona virus. It can process about 4200 specimens (I believe per day). An increase by a factor of 10. Other countries are screaming for those models too. Some are being delivered to the U.S. but an unspecified number to unspecified locations, according to the article.

I hope everyone on here and their loved ones stay safe. Or am I being political with THAT statement too??

I said nothing political.

Are you suggesting we should have wasted a bunch of tests before the virus even got here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get this paid sick leave, and how long it will take to get it? Will the government force my employer to cover it, or will the money come from the government? And will I need proof of a positive test?

I assume most of you are like me, that is if you just had a fever, sore throat, and a cough you wouldn't bother going to the doctor and just take some OTC stuff for a few days. Now am I supposed to try to get tested with those symptoms?

Good time to talk to your HR department about those questions. Most company’s have adopted protocols for just such

Brother's FD said if they treat somebody they will go under a mandatory 14 day quarantine but have to use their own sick leave to do it.

Just found out I'll be out of school until March 30th. Spring skiing, brush piles, logging, maple syrup, working on my barn, habitat work, ...an unexpected paid 2 week Corona-vacation.
Our school is closing 3/20 to 4/13. Can’t figure that one out. Someone must have a crystal ball.

My school district just announced to 4/13 after the county declared a state of emergency. I would not be surprised if that gets extended at this point. Luckily I can and have been encouraged to work from home, at least as long as there are enough connections into our work network.

S.T. Fanatic, post #627 - bwoods made the political comment in post #551. It wasn't you.

Buck Sutherland, post #557 - The Joint Chiefs of Staff articles were really hard-hitting back then. They warned of war scenarios where we'd be waiting on parts and materials travelling from the other side of the world for use in our defense systems. It wasn't just about trusting the other country where the components would be coming from - it was simple logistics. Similar scenario to German U-boats & subs sinking supply ships crossing the Atlantic during WW's. The Joint Chiefs warned of being a hostage to shipments vulnerable to enemies. I'm no genius military planner, but that just makes sense. IMO - we should have all facilities necessary to manufacture any & all of the components needed for our defense and weapons systems on U.S. soil. That would create many jobs too, correct?? Thanks for your opinion Buck.

Last edited:
My school district just announced to 4/13 after the county declared a state of emergency. I would not be surprised if that gets extended at this point. Luckily I can and have been encouraged to work from home, at least as long as there are enough connections into our work network.

One health expert from the University of Mn has suggested not closing schools. He said closing them would take about 18-20% of our nurses out of service, as they would have no one to take care of their kids.

One health expert from the University of Mn has suggested not closing schools. He said closing them would take about 18-20% of our nurses out of service, as they would have no one to take care of their kids.

How many of them could go to daycare though? Many have said they'll try to accommodate. But that's also a germ breeding ground. Tough situation.

Natty same here outta work for 2 weeks and they will reevaluate then,..

Really ? anyone think this will be better in 2 weeks? This will be magnitudes worse.

Still short Wynn!

How many of them could go to daycare though? Many have said they'll try to accommodate. But that's also a germ breeding ground. Tough situation.
I'm wondering how many of them will end up with a spouse at home that could watch the kids.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how many of them will end up with a spouse at home that could watch the kids.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Do you think there is daycare alternatives in this environment?

Bars are crowded tonight. Seems the social distancing recommendations will only work if made mandatory.

Bars are crowded tonight. Seems the social distancing recommendations will only work if made mandatory.

Yeah it ain't gonna happen. Flatten the curve is more like heighten the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.