Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I smoke two packs of cigarettes and down a bottle of whiskey in a single day, and don't die that day, does that then prove those things are safe?

Remember---when we go low, they go high. Hence the boom in pot stocks.

What have you guys ever admitted to being wrong about? And why are you YELLING in all caps? You guys are trying to hold up the AZ vaccine as safe because it hasn't been proven dangerous. What kind of @$$backwards science is that?
No , see it is safe. Those people died with the "vaccine" not because of the "vaccine" !! Oh wait....

Reactions: Tap
Me posting on Social Media in search of the truth:

Does anyone else find it odd that the number of people that got Covid (28 million) is ironically close to the same number of flu cases the US gets on average every year (32.6 million)? Or the fact that the Covid multiplex test is actually also a test for both Influenza A and Influenza B? It is almost like people have the common flu but they are all designated as Covid infections :emoji_thermometer_face:

Them: Yes the Covid test is also a test for flu but they are re-tested at the lab and separated for logistics.
Me: Can you show me where you found that information? Because I have looked for months on the CDC's website and not found anything like that, or any information regarding the accuracy of the tests or the distinction of how many people that tested positive for Covid had symptoms and how many were asymptomatic.
Them: I read it somewhere in an article but not sure where.
Me: Ok, well if that were the case the CDC would have a page for that wouldn't they? They have a page for every other tidbit of Covid information.
Also me: OK, can you tell me why the CDC still calls every death in the Covid tracker a "Covid Death" that the media blasts on a megaphone as only Covid deaths, but if you read the fine print that is right there below the title on the CDC tracker it clearly says "includes Flu and Pneumonia deaths"?
Them: That accounts for the deaths before we had a Covid test to verify.
Me: Ok, that isn't clarified anywhere on the CDC's website but sounds like an acceptable answer. Can you show me where you found that?
Them: It's probably somewhere on the CDC's website. The reason for the low flu numbers is a testament that what we are doing with social distancing and wearing masks is working.
Me: It isn't or I wouldn't have asked you. Ok can you show me where there is data to support Covid being literally millions of times more contagious than the seasonal flu? I looked all this up and Covid is a virus, influenza is a virus and both have similar size particles. Of the many different strains of the flu they average between 80 to 120 mµ (microns) and 10 mµ is the smallest particle measured, Covid is between 70–90 mµ which is why I suggest that there must be some data to prove that Covid is multipal-millions of times more contagious to simply make the flu disappear.
Them: What do you mean?
Me: Did you read my post before commenting? We average 32.6 million cases of the flu every year here in the US over the last 5 years, this year we have had 1,387 cases (and that number hasn't moved in many months) yet we have had 28 million infected with Covid and the evidence provided is the Covid/Flu test that they all call the Covid test. No red flags?
Them: You are nothing but a conspiracy guy suggesting this is all a hoax. My advice would be to stop watching FOX news and start using Scientific Data that the rest of the world is using.
Me: I didn't suggest anywhere that this is a hoax although I am not convinced Covid is as deadly as it has been portrayed and when I openly seek answers like this post people firmly believe their TV over the data I provide....just as you have... and I don't watch FOX news as my only source, I watch all different "news sources" these days and then take the information given and go research it on my own. I provided all my data right from the CDC's website, you know "the trusted science".

Common sense wont get you very far. Stop looking up your own information and causing trouble. Watch the media for all the information you need to know. Or that they want you to know.

What have you guys ever admitted to being wrong about? And why are you YELLING in all caps? You guys are trying to hold up the AZ vaccine as safe because it hasn't been proven dangerous. What kind of @$$backwards science is that?
The right kind. The first rule of science is that nothing can ever be proven, only disproven. This is basic, man, basic, dating back to Karl Popper's falsification theory from the early 1900s - to be considered scientific a hypothesis must be able to be tested and conceivably proven false. I am sorry for your misunderstanding. How's bold instead of capitals work for you?

And having two words in caps isn't yelling, it's emphasizing, as you well know. But please, keep piling on in response to simple observations. It really makes your point of view seem so much more reasonable lol.

Reactions: Tap
So in reality the only "right" science is the science YOU choose to subscribe too?
When the supposed scientists who have taken it upon themselves to ruin millions of lives over the flu are proven wrong over and over and over you take that as good science?
Yeah, makes sense.

Me posting on Social Media in search of the truth:

Does anyone else find it odd that the number of people that got Covid (28 million) is ironically close to the same number of flu cases the US gets on average every year (32.6 million)? Or the fact that the Covid multiplex test is actually also a test for both Influenza A and Influenza B? It is almost like people have the common flu but they are all designated as Covid infections :emoji_thermometer_face:

Them: Yes the Covid test is also a test for flu but they are re-tested at the lab and separated for logistics.
Me: Can you show me where you found that information? Because I have looked for months on the CDC's website and not found anything like that, or any information regarding the accuracy of the tests or the distinction of how many people that tested positive for Covid had symptoms and how many were asymptomatic.
Them: I read it somewhere in an article but not sure where.
Me: Ok, well if that were the case the CDC would have a page for that wouldn't they? They have a page for every other tidbit of Covid information.
Also me: OK, can you tell me why the CDC still calls every death in the Covid tracker a "Covid Death" that the media blasts on a megaphone as only Covid deaths, but if you read the fine print that is right there below the title on the CDC tracker it clearly says "includes Flu and Pneumonia deaths"?
Them: That accounts for the deaths before we had a Covid test to verify.
Me: Ok, that isn't clarified anywhere on the CDC's website but sounds like an acceptable answer. Can you show me where you found that?
Them: It's probably somewhere on the CDC's website. The reason for the low flu numbers is a testament that what we are doing with social distancing and wearing masks is working.
Me: It isn't or I wouldn't have asked you. Ok can you show me where there is data to support Covid being literally millions of times more contagious than the seasonal flu? I looked all this up and Covid is a virus, influenza is a virus and both have similar size particles. Of the many different strains of the flu they average between 80 to 120 mµ (microns) and 10 mµ is the smallest particle measured, Covid is between 70–90 mµ which is why I suggest that there must be some data to prove that Covid is multipal-millions of times more contagious to simply make the flu disappear.
Them: What do you mean?
Me: Did you read my post before commenting? We average 32.6 million cases of the flu every year here in the US over the last 5 years, this year we have had 1,387 cases (and that number hasn't moved in many months) yet we have had 28 million infected with Covid and the evidence provided is the Covid/Flu test that they all call the Covid test. No red flags?
Them: You are nothing but a conspiracy guy suggesting this is all a hoax. My advice would be to stop watching FOX news and start using Scientific Data that the rest of the world is using.
Me: I didn't suggest anywhere that this is a hoax although I am not convinced Covid is as deadly as it has been portrayed and when I openly seek answers like this post people firmly believe their TV over the data I provide....just as you have... and I don't watch FOX news as my only source, I watch all different "news sources" these days and then take the information given and go research it on my own. I provided all my data right from the CDC's website, you know "the trusted science".
Not going to argue your points, since I don't have any answers or even reasonable opinions beyond what you can find with a simple Google search. But I would like to clarify that the COVID/flu test detects each independently at the same time. You don't simply get a positive and flip a coin to see which disease caused it. You get a positive or negative for COVID and a positive or negative for Influenza. That having been said, I also have concerns regarding the lack of positive flu numbers. It doesn't make sense to me. But I have not had time to dig deeper into the data. However, my interpretation of this is that there is more to be learned.

or just become disenfranchised, head to the hunting land, burn chainsaw fuel... Probably what's in all our best interests anyways.
June 1st, I am moving to my hunting land. Where the closest neighbor is a half mile away. And I am already there every weekend, with most of them being long weekends.

Not going to argue your points, since I don't have any answers or even reasonable opinions beyond what you can find with a simple Google search. But I would like to clarify that the COVID/flu test detects each independently at the same time. You don't simply get a positive and flip a coin to see which disease caused it. You get a positive or negative for COVID and a positive or negative for Influenza. That having been said, I also have concerns regarding the lack of positive flu numbers. It doesn't make sense to me. But I have not had time to dig deeper into the data. However, my interpretation of this is that there is more to be learned.

What is your confidence level that a positive Covid, isnt actually a positive flu. I know they are suppose to detect the difference, but something is fishy.

So in reality the only "right" science is the science YOU choose to subscribe too?
When the supposed scientists who have taken it upon themselves to ruin millions of lives over the flu are proven wrong over and over and over you take that as good science?
Yeah, makes sense.
No, you're missing the point. Science is a process, not an endpoint. It's not a matter of choosing the answers that you like. I've been a crusader against "fake" science for twenty years. Datas are datas, as we say. It really does make sense. I'm sorry that you choose to believe differently. That doesn't change anything. There is literally nothing I can say to sway you or to change your opinion. That's okay with me.

Uuummmm, yes it kind of is a coin flip. The test is for all of the flus and a positive is a positive is a positive. They just report everything as covid. It has been shown. A couple hospitals were even caught doing it. Its in the hospitals best interest to have as many cases and patients as possible.

What is your confidence level that a positive Covid, isnt actually a positive flu. I know they are suppose to detect the difference, but something is fishy.
I agree, something smells fishy to me, too. But the test is awfully good, and I just can't see there being a significant amount of false results. I would never say never, but based on my 30 years of training, the answer lies elsewhere.

And Bill, no - you are wrong. Sorry, bud.

It's been fun guys. Got to get to a meeting if I hope to get some chainsaw time in this evening!

No, you're missing the point. Science is a process, not an endpoint. It's not a matter of choosing the answers that you like. I've been a crusader against "fake" science for twenty years. Datas are datas, as we say. It really does make sense. I'm sorry that you choose to believe differently. That doesn't change anything. There is literally nothing I can say to sway you or to change your opinion. That's okay with me.
No, i think you are mssing the point. The "scientists " and government Chose the answers they wanted based on power and money and changed stories and protocols to support the story they had that week.
You talk of being a fake science crusader yet you continually defend all this fake science.

I agree, something smells fishy to me, too. But the test is awfully good, and I just can't see there being a significant amount of false results. I would never say never, but based on my 30 years of training, the answer lies elsewhere.

And Bill, no - you are wrong. Sorry, bud.
Nope, not wrong.look it up. Hospitals got paid for every patient and positive test. There were hospitals that got caught with +100% positive rates. Look it up , you have 30 years of expertise use it.

If you buy this crock that the flu actually went away rather than the flu was misdiagnosed (whether intentionally or not) as covid 19, Then I'd like to sell you a hole in the sand.

These are the stances and articles that make me realize there's a lie to perpetuate

Flu is down because everyone stays home ,wears a mask, and social distances. Covid is up because no one stays home, wears a mask,or social distances. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.