Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, not appropriating your right to make decisions for yourself, but I want to make sure that you realize that the mRNA which comprises the core of the vaccine is a small piece of the same mRNA that would be made if you were to catch the disease. This method of vaccinating is conceptually similar to inoculation with dead virus, except that we leave out most of the virus. And it's been around for decades, though not in widespread use.

As for GMO, you'd think so, right? But in fact the mRNA isn't incorporated into your genome, it never even enters the nucleus where the DNA resides, and it only gets into somatic cells not germ cells, so it can't be passed on. Moreover, it's degraded fairly quickly. So it doesn't qualify as GMO any more than eating meat, which contains an animal's mRNA, does.

I will be the first to admit that nothing is 100% safe or completely understood when it comes to biology. Nature is always knocking us back on our heels. But from the perspective of someone who has studied, taught, and worked with this stuff for many years, I have a difficult time envisioning how using a small piece of a virus to induce an antibody response is going to cause a synthetic effect years later. But you gotta do what's right for you, of course. I'm off to ice fish in below zero weather now. I hear it'll make me COVID-proof lol.
At your age, ice fishing on a day this cold makes me question everything else you say. Please tell me you don’t still hunt in the rain.

I have had both doses second was 1/6 I fall into 1a category healthy and 35. I feel the virus poses 0 risk to my health but there is an extremely strong push to get it being in the medical community. I would have gladly deferred to get the dose into a 60 plus year olds arm however that wasn’t an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both doses second was 1/6 I fall into 1a category healthy and 35. I feel the virus poses 0 risk to my health but there is an extremely strong push to get it being in the medical community. I would have gladly deferred to get the dose into a 60 plus year olds arm however that wasn’t an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because that makes to much sense.

Bill, not appropriating your right to make decisions for yourself, but I want to make sure that you realize that the mRNA which comprises the core of the vaccine is a small piece of the same mRNA that would be made if you were to catch the disease. This method of vaccinating is conceptually similar to inoculation with dead virus, except that we leave out most of the virus. And it's been around for decades, though not in widespread use.

As for GMO, you'd think so, right? But in fact the mRNA isn't incorporated into your genome, it never even enters the nucleus where the DNA resides, and it only gets into somatic cells not germ cells, so it can't be passed on. Moreover, it's degraded fairly quickly. So it doesn't qualify as GMO any more than eating meat, which contains an animal's mRNA, does.

I will be the first to admit that nothing is 100% safe or completely understood when it comes to biology. Nature is always knocking us back on our heels. But from the perspective of someone who has studied, taught, and worked with this stuff for many years, I have a difficult time envisioning how using a small piece of a virus to induce an antibody response is going to cause a synthetic effect years later. But you gotta do what's right for you, of course. I'm off to ice fish in below zero weather now. I hear it'll make me COVID-proof lol.

The lipid nanoparticle delivery is pretty new / novel, we’re going to learn how the body deals with it soon. Probably fine, possibly not.

The lipid nanoparticle delivery is pretty new / novel, we’re going to learn how the body deals with it soon. Probably fine, possibly not.
Yep. The delivery method is somewhat novel, and IMHO is what is causing most of the adverse reactions (to be fair though, most of these are minor in both impact and duration). Great point.

I'd like to see folks get vaccinated so that we can reduce the incidence of viral mutagenesis by depriving them of a host, but I also appreciate that it is everyone's right to make their own choice. I just want it to be an informed choice, regardless of their ultimate decision. If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to pm me and I'll do my best without clogging up the thread.

And Chummer, I actually caught a walleye yesterday in that cold - but I do draw the line at hunting in the rain. More so because I can't track a deer than the cold though lol.

I’ll throw it out here once again… there’s a vaccine out there that’s readily available, has a 40-yr track record of safety, and shows great promise of protecting against COVID-related disease, hospitalization, and death… while you’re waiting your turn in line to get any one of the specific COVID19 vaccines… or if you’re in the group who have decided not to take the current spate of COVID vaccines… it’s MMR II.

ba495250b2133391bd10673094e90a0caa7f087a.ico
COVID-19 – Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Vaccine 5
f50fed265812e7341350f7bf2651c8e9f8d57720.jpeg

COVID-19 — MMR Vaccine Research — SARS-CoV-2

COVID-19 / MMR Vaccine

While I fully intend to get the COVID vaccine when it becomes available… that could be weeks or months from now… so, in light of the growing bank of evidence that MMR vaccination seems to provide significant protection against severity of COVID disease, I’ve taken a two-shot series of MMR II vaccines. I’m not counting on those to keep me from getting infected… I’m still isolating as much as possible, wearing a mask when appropriate, etc., but I’m less concerned about ending up in the hospital on a ventilator, or dying.

The following article from March 2020 is among those linked at the world.org site above; certainly worth a read! :
MMR Vaccine Appears to Confer Strong Protection from COVID-19:Few Deaths from
SARS-CoV-2 in Highly Vaccinated Populations. Gold, Tilley, Baumgartl.
Excerpt from discussion section:
“The variety of epidemiologic associations clearly suggest a plausible indication that the MMR vaccine may confer protection to the COVID-19 virus as well. Right now, it is a national priority to develop a safe and effective vaccine for the COVID-19 virus, and the race is on to do this, with dozens of companies and millions of dollars spent in this effort.
As part of this effort, there should be an immediate investigation of using the already available MMR vaccine in controlled studies to show a protective benefit. Epidemiologic studies suggest this may already be effective as a COVID-19 vaccine, and this could be instituted within months, perhaps saving thousands of lives with an earlier deployment than other vaccines under development.”

Makes one wonder how many thousands of lives might have been preserved if the media and medical establishment here had picked up on this and followed the lead of countries which had very low morbidity/mortality rates, and have routinely practiced MMR vaccination of adult population.

Nothing changes the mortality rates when everything is counted as a covid death. At least until the inauguration, then magically all the record keeping changed and numbers started going down. Curious.....

I have a question. The folks that are advised against getting the vaccine due to potentially dangerous reactions (The 1 in 100,000); what do we do with those folks? If they wanted to get the shot to keep their civil rights, but will die if they do so, should they still get excommunicated from polite society? There are continents where people don't have the right to choose. Not their body or choice.

All that matters is to do what the government and those smarte than the rest(read up this page a bit) tell us to do.
And for gods sake make sure you have your papers, seems like a certain German country at a certain, Hitler period.
But yeah, Trump was the bad guy.

I have a question. The folks that are advised against getting the vaccine due to potentially dangerous reactions (The 1 in 100,000); what do we do with those folks? If they wanted to get the shot to keep their civil rights, but will die if they do so, should they still get excommunicated from polite society? There are continents where people don't have the right to choose. Not their body or choice.
If they get the shot and die there is nothing left to do but burry them so no need to shun them.

In Ohio, apparently 60% of the nursing home healthcare workers are refusing to get the vaccine. I think that will mirror the general population with 50-60% refusing to be vaccinated.

That is why all the so-called experts who have said that only a vaccine will save from this pandemic are pretty much delusional. It is foolish to think you could vaccinate everyone.

Well I already got COVID and lived so can i not be shun If I can’t get the shot.

Co workers grandma died this weekend at 93. She had COVID back in December with 66 other people in the nursing home. They told the family that a lot of these people after they beat COVID are dying within a couple months. Something I haven’t heard before.

You want foolish? The assisted living place my wifes geandmother is in is on nearly 100% lookdown. They can have visitors, 1 every 3 weeks for le 15 minutes. Other than that the residents are not allowed out of their room. BUT, the employees, come and go everyday, go out and live their lives and then come back to work the next day. Now how does that make any sense to any rational person?
It gets better, now one of the employees went and got the virus. They went to work a bunch before they knew they had it. Next thing you know nearly 100% of the residents also test positive. Now, tell me how locking these people down is helping them? Not to mention everyone of these people have lived through actual dangerous situations in their lives, like wars, REAL pandemics, economic crashes etc.. I would think they should be able to decide for themselves what they want and how they want to live.
But wait, it gets better. Of those nearly 100% of residents who tested positive (wifes grandma among them at 97) how many do you think survived with no complications or hospitalizations? How about 100%? Now Im betting if even one had been hospitalized or worse it would have been all over the news, but the outcome doesnt fit the narrative so its crickets.
The only reason we know is because gma told us on a phone call.
Yeah, covid is scary..

That is messed up. They knew she was dying the last couple days but they were not allowed to see her. At 4am they called and said two family members could come in for her final moments. They dressed them in a hazmat suit and they got to sit with her for a few minutes before she passed. Most of the residents and staff have had it but they are still doing this nonsense.

Sorry to hear that chummer. What are they saying the cause was?

Sorry to hear that chummer. What are they saying the cause was?
I didnt know her. I just work with 4 of the family members. The son in law said he thought they
put it down as COVID but he really didn’t know. I would guess they wouldn’t because King Cuomo doesn’t want any more nursing home deaths and she did have two negative tests since she had it in December. The narrative has changed in NY, no more COVID deaths, all of a sudden they don’t help the ones in power. It is after inauguration after all.

Unbelievable isn't it? How blatant they are about straight out lies?
Thing is, to many still believe in this farce and are way to quick to give up rights and freedom im the mame of "safety"

Unbelievable isn't it? How blatant they are about straight out lies?
Thing is, to many still believe in this farce and are way to quick to give up rights and freedom im the mame of "safety"

All that matters is to do what the government and those smarte than the rest(read up this page a bit) tell us to do.
And for gods sake make sure you have your papers, seems like a certain German country at a certain, Hitler period.
But yeah, Trump was the bad guy.
Nothing changes the mortality rates when everything is counted as a covid death. At least until the inauguration, then magically all the record keeping changed and numbers started going down. Curious.....

We decided to keep this thread open as long we stayed away from politics ... but you are more interested in a lost election (I don't disagree and don't get me started) and how Germany, Hitler, fake news, the left lies, etc are all a part of the political plot.

We are where we are at and have to deal with the hand we have been delivered.

Do you have any other contribution to provide other than stirring the pot politically?

Sorry , but they are joined at the hip.
I will refrain from pointing out that obvious connection in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.