Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, whats everyones thought about the vaccine? Are you getting one? Have you already gotten one? My wife is a school teacher, and was pretty much pounded into her head that she needed to get one, but the school wouldnt let her take off a half hour early to get it, so she chose not to, but now the school is putting pressure on her to get one.

Me personally, I have no interest in getting one. I will suffer the consequences of the virus, rather then the "cure".

I also hear Wisconsin is getting rid of the governors mandate to wear the masks. Good thing I am moving there in a few months.

Our local school district is not making the staff get them. There was a meeting the other day about getting the highschool kids back in the classroom full time once the teachers get vaccinated. (The reason the kids arent in school now is because of the union and some of the teachers that think the sky is falling) Once those teachers get vaccinated they wont have much of an excuse.

Myself and no one else in my family will take part in the trial. Thats what it is a trial, not an accepted vaccine. Everyone who gets it is participating in a medical trial, or experiment. They do not know the long term effects, they have no idea what they may be.
Add to that ,ive had the virus and it wasn't a big deal. So all that being said, no way will i get it.
Wifes boss is pressuring her to get it but she feels the same way I do. The "cure" by most accounts is worse than the sickness.
Personally i think you'd have to be half nuts to get it.

Yes , finally the state legislators decided to do what the people want and made the skeleton in the capitol stop with his illegal emergency orders.
Hopefully this means the schools will get their heads out of their asses and let the kids take the face rags off.

Member what the back of the russian nuclear scientist's shirt said in The Sum Of All Fears?

"If you see me running, try to catch up."

Nobody is running.

Last edited:
Wife is a nurse (retired) and she’s getting it when available. She thinks I’m nuts because I won’t get it unless I can’t board a plane without papers.

Like Bill I already had it and survived. Not going to inject some synthetic thing that teaches my body how to fight it when my body already knows how to fight it because I had the actual virus.

Bill, thats my problem right there. For most people (+99%) there is literally nothing to fight.

Both my wife and I have had it. There is no proven evidence that if you have had that you will have long term or any resistance to it. Some people who have had have never produced antibodies.

When the vaccine becomes available I will take it. I am pretty sure the drug companies have done a good job testing the drugs. There is so much scrutiny and legal risk that they would be risking the company.

If you are worried about side effects, go read about the side effects for aspirin or toothpaste...you might never use those again.

I am pretty sure the drug companies have done a good job testing the drugs. There is so much scrutiny and legal risk that they would be risking the company.

not doubting that they are acting with everyones safety in mind. Also don’t want to even begin to try and talk anyone out of getting a vaccine. And they have tested the crap out of it.

But drug companies were given immunity agains any law suits pertaining to a covid vaccine as it is a national emergency.

they set up a fund for people who get bad results. Who decides who gets funds I do not know.

Here is the overview. You can bet the actual ruling is 1000’s of pages and unreadable
https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10443

Additionally, drug companies have been protected from legal recourse against vaccines since 2011. I think that’s what launched the anti Vaxer’s.

Wife got her first shot this past Friday, I got mine on Monday. Our upper arms hurt for two days afterwards but no other noticeable effect yet. Needle area is still tender if touched. The second shot is scheduled for four weeks after our first. It is the second shot that we are hearing makes many sick for one to two days and hopefully that is it.

My take is getting the shots is a risk but for anyone older for sure there are risks to not taking the shot. Wife and I talked it over and decided to take the shots route.

not doubting that they are acting with everyones safety in mind. Also don’t want to even begin to try and talk anyone out of getting a vaccine. And they have tested the crap out of it.

But drug companies were given immunity agains any law suits pertaining to a covid vaccine as it is a national emergency.

they set up a fund for people who get bad results. Who decides who gets funds I do not know.

Here is the overview. You can bet the actual ruling is 1000’s of pages and unreadable
https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10443

Additionally, drug companies have been protected from legal recourse against vaccines since 2011. I think that’s what launched the anti Vaxer’s.

I hear ya ... I think reading that report would be more detrimental to my health than anything.

Everyone has to make their own evaluation for the level of risk they can take. I am one of the owners and a key man for our business. When things open up, I will start traveling again domestic and international. I am pretty sure you will have to show evidence of the vaccine if you want to travel especially across borders. So I have to weigh a number of things in deciding whether or not to get the vaccine.

I think the biggest pressure and threats to the drug companies are social media and the new administration. A lawsuit can take years to grind out whereas social media can attack a company overnight. The new administration will certainly scapegoat any drug company there is a hit of an issue even if it is not true.

The biggest travel worry I have this year is my Alberta Whitetail hunt ... yep, priorities in order :emoji_wink:

Be a while until I can get the vaccine but I will when I can. My parents are trying to get appointments now in PA. My girls likely won’t see them again in person until a month after they get their 2nd shot. Last visit was a nice weather day trip in October where wore masks or stayed outside. In NY, my former father-in-law and his girlfriend have appointments for April but are looking to get something earlier.

I have had this discussion with my wife, but isnt requiring a medical procedure in order to travel against some sort of rights? Pretty sure even asking someone about health concerns is against the law. How could a airport, cruise line ask you, and require you to have one in order to travel?

Hell here in MN, we have a certain group of people that come here and dont get any shots, because they refuse them, no one is telling them they need to get a shot now.

I have had this discussion with my wife, but isnt requiring a medical procedure in order to travel against some sort of rights? Pretty sure even asking someone about health concerns is against the law. How could a airport, cruise line ask you, and require you to have one in order to travel?

Hell here in MN, we have a certain group of people that come here and dont get any shots, because they refuse them, no one is telling them they need to get a shot now.

4W ... don't mean to be insulting but have to you seen what is going on?

I just flew to Florida with my wife last week. You are required to answer 3 personal questions on Covid before you can purchase a ticket or get your boarding pass.

Right now laws, rights, freedoms, etc. are secondary according to the Righteous Squad ... they are gonna protect us from ourselves.

I haven’t flown since August, and no one asked me anything then. I know Sun Country said they are planning on giving a Covid test before boarding the plane. I don’t like that idea either.

Not getting the "vaccine". I've read too many stories about people on their deathbed after getting the shot.

It was my understanding if you can prove you’ve had the virus you don’t need a test to get on a plane, or maybe that’s just an idea floating around that I heard. I assume it would be the same with the vaccination.

Not getting the "vaccine". I've read too many stories about people on their deathbed after getting the shot.
The only people I've personally seen on their deathbeds are ones that did not get their shots.

Of all of us, which is most, at work that have completed our 2nd shots 1 guy missed today at work, two or three had some flu like symptoms. I had a bit of a headache for an hour after the first shot and nothing at all after the 2nd. Over all pretty much zero side effects. Pretty much the same thing we see with giving flu shots.

Of all the shots I have been given over the years these have been the last ones I worried about.

Be a while until I can get the vaccine but I will when I can. My parents are trying to get appointments now in PA. My girls likely won’t see them again in person until a month after they get their 2nd shot. Last visit was a nice weather day trip in October where wore masks or stayed outside. In NY, my former father-in-law and his girlfriend have appointments for April but are looking to get something earlier.
Kinney Drugs has a program where you can sign up for notifications of new shipments of vaccines; they let you know as soon as they know and that is how we got our appointments last week .Today at 2 pm Kinney advertised new appointments for this weekend at Jefferson community college. I checked the link and they had tons of open times; a re-look two hours later showed they were all booked.

Few questions I wonder about for folks that are either themselves at-risk, or have at-rick loved ones.

*Once all in your sphere are vaccinated, are you planning to loosen or end your masking and social distancing activities? Are you planning to start re-opening your own llife, perhaps traveling more and having more gatherings and interactions?

*What do we do with the people that refuse to get vaccinated? How do we contain the likelihood that they keep infecting people that have been vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.